Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

So I bought the home gym. What workout regime to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
As I said I was buying a home gym as part of my Christmas. So Walmart had one for $200, on sale regular price $300 so I pulled the trigger. It's only 150lb weight stack but I'm not a huge guy and I don't want to be totally ripped guy, just lean muscle.

So like how many days a week would you use it? I do cardio everyday so I'm skinny as it is. An hour a day on the home gym like in the morning and cardio at night?

I'm barley 5-9 and about 125lbs. How many months would it take before I get some lean muscle on me? I also want to do more sit ups and push ups too.

Like, when I do get muscle should I post pics of it on OLD depending on dating app? Like POF I can see it, but would Match be a good idea? The older women on Match though on their profiles say shirtless pics a turn off.

Home gym is coming towards the end of the month.

lifewobluelenses

Don Juan
Reaction score
What kind of homegym? we need to know that in order to help. I always recomend any beginner to get a barbell and some weights.
Thats all you need! Bench, squats and deadlift should be the focus and that will get you going.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bro if you want some muscle, you’re gonna need to be using more than just 150 lbs. Even ‘lean’ muscle.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
What kind of homegym? we need to know that in order to help. I always recomend any beginner to get a barbell and some weights.
Thats all you need! Bench, squats and deadlift should be the focus and that will get you going.
I got dumbells only right now.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That $200 would have paid for 2 months of Personal Training at a gym to teach you what to do...

Skills first, then Things.....

This trainer, for example, would also give you some insight into the mindset of attractive women...

Stay Lean and Grow Muscle at the same time
Meal plans Personalized to your own specific Goals.
$100- Includes:
Personalized specific Meal Plan and Two-week progress check in.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
That $200 would have paid for 2 months of Personal Training at a gym to teach you what to do...

This trainer, for example, would also give you some insight into the mindset of attractive women...

$100- Includes:
I don't like women with that much muscle. Looks too manly on a woman.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you are not in a position to be picky, and if you have ever been around women in fitness you would know that is "show day muscle" from extreme dehydration, massive pre show lifts and tanning, oil etc.

Besides you dolt, I told you it was an opportunity to be around attractive (implying self absorbed) women and to learn from it. You are in no position to even have a shot at a woman of this caliber, but it would desensitize you to losing your $h!t when you encountered a real 9.

By the way this woman probably out weighs you by 20 pounds. You aren't man enough to even look her in the eye...

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score

$100- Includes:
THIS is the kind of athletic woman looks wise I like. Lean but in good shape. This is soccer hottie Morgan Brian.

The funny part is most on this forum when I posted her pic before only rated her HB6. I'm seriously not kidding. IMO she's Hb 8.5. I'd totally would destroy it.

rart

Don Juan
Reaction score
At 5-9 and 130lbs you are very underweight. You should forget about "lean muscle" because you will not get it with your "home gym".

You should start proper barbell training progressively increasing your lifts. Squat, Deadlift, Benchpress, Overhead Press.

Secondly, you should start eating way more. Stop with all the cardio.

Two places for you to lookup:

StartingStrength.com and StrongLifts.com

Women like strong men. You should be able to overhead press your 130lbs girlfirend

rart

Don Juan
Reaction score
forgot to mention that you have a wrong mindset. You want "lean muscle" fast. This will not work.

Only genetic freaks grow muscle fast ans stay lean. What you should focus on is lifelong strength improvements. And do not do it for women. Do it as a hobby/passion because lifelong strength will outlast all of your relationships

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
At 5-9 and 130lbs you are very underweight. You should forget about "lean muscle" because you will not get it with your "home gym".

You should start proper barbell training progressively increasing your lifts. Squat, Deadlift, Benchpress, Overhead Press.

Secondly, you should start eating way more. Stop with all the cardio.

Two places for you to lookup:

StartingStrength.com and StrongLifts.com

Women like strong men. You should be able to overhead press your 130lbs girlfirend
I eat a donut for breakfast, snack a little during the day and dinner I eat big meals, lots of fast food and eat out a lot.

One of the older alpha chads at work who's into lifting, working out all his life said I need to quit eating junk food, fast food if I want to build muscle because McDonalds and such won't do it.

So, doing cardio everyday in addition to using the weight machines would the cardio kill muscle growth or is that a myth?

How does the military bulk people up in under 6 months then?

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What home gym did you buy? I'm sure you can put it to good use, especially as you begin, but we need to know what you have to work with.

Of course the purists will give you a hard time about your equipment, but at least you're starting, and that's a good thing.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
What home gym did you buy? I'm sure you can put it to good use, especially as you begin, but we need to know what you have to work with.

Of course the purists will give you a hard time about your equipment, but at least you're starting, and that's a good thing.
Have to look at the model later. My sub division club house put a gym in and smiliar machines just only one of them so might get a bit crowded. I guess once I out grow this one and get more serious I could always use the heavy duty one there then.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agreed, it's better to do something than nothing.

Biggoal, if you can't tell us the model, can you at least tell us what exercises it lets you do?

rart

Don Juan
Reaction score
I eat a donut for breakfast, snack a little during the day and dinner I eat big meals, lots of fast food and eat out a lot.

One of the older alpha chads at work who's into lifting, working out all his life said I need to quit eating junk food, fast food if I want to build muscle because McDonalds and such won't do it.

So, doing cardio everyday in addition to using the weight machines would the cardio kill muscle growth or is that a myth?

How does the military bulk people up in under 6 months then?
You should get the idea of ripped "lean muscle" out of you head. At 130 lbs you are weak. You should focus on getting strong first. The way you get strong is by progressive barbell training with enough food and sleep to allow strength adaptations.

Once you are strong, then you can do whatever you want with that strength.

You can expect to gain quite a bit of strength in the fist 6 months of training. A man in his 30s who can barely squat 135 on day one, will squat 300 pounds in 6 to 12 months, if he is training, eating, and recovering. Now go to the commercial gym and see how many men squat 300 in there? Not many.

Another thing, you saying that you want your arms go get bigger. To get your testosterone up and get you body to grow muscle you need to stress the most amount of muscle mass possible. Most of your muscle mass is not in your arms, it is in you back, ass, and legs. You hit those with heavy squats and deadlifts.

You will not get your arms bigger by doing cable curls. Your arms will get bigger if you squat gets from 135 to 300, your deadlift goes from 135 to 400.

And of course, eating more does not mean eating more donuts. Eat more unprocessed foods. Meat, fish, eggs, cheese, whole grains, fruit, veg.

rart

Don Juan
Reaction score

It is not about being purist or not. It is about what works and what does not work. What's going to happen with his "gym" is he will start using it, he will not see any results, he will get discouraged and stop working out all together.

But if he starts on the proper barbell training, he will see his lifts go up little by little, he will hit milestones like squatting his first 2 plates, then squatting his first 3 plates. His strength and confidence will grow.

changes in physique and appearance are so slow that they don't provide a good indicator of your progress and good motivation.

Weight on the bar provides this positive feedback on your progress. As a novice he can expect to add 5 pounds to his lifts every time he goes to gym for about 6 months. And i guarantee that every time he doubles his squat, bench, deadlift he will see positive changes in his physique

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rart’s Advice is spot on. Also for arms, the best aRm builders are the bench press and weighted chin ups. Build your strength on those.

As for diet for an underweight guy like OP, here is a good sample:

Breakfast:
Oatmeal with peanut butter & honey and or fruit
3 eggs scrambled or omelette

Morning snack:
Protein shake with milk

Lunch:
Turkey sandwich with cheese & a salad

Afternoon snack / pre workout
Protein shake with milk

Post workout
Protein shake with milk

Dinner:
10 oz Fillet of fish, chicken breast, or steak
Sweet potato
Grilled vegetables

This should net about 5000 calories with plenty of protein and nutrients. If you’re not a fan of protein shakes you can just use whole milk to the same effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.