Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Smith Machines = Mini Power Rack?

silverwex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is a Smith Machine a small version of a power rack?

Can u do the same excercies on it as you would do a power rack?

Cheers

OddTech

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A smith machine is NOT a power rack. The barbell is suspended on a rail system.

ceekay

Don Juan
Reaction score
Smith machine is a great alternative for high-risk and inferior exercises

true|hockey

Don Juan
Reaction score
no way you can do cleans, or snatches with smiths. Although you can do forms of squats on them.

no way a smith replaces a power rack.

jay56

Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldnt recomend using any smith type machine use freeweights instead. It uses your stabilizer muscles.

true|hockey

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by BerzerkFury
I'd like you to tell that to some of the people on intensemuscle. I for one, know a guy who's about 6'1 300 pounds at 10% bodyfat that uses a smythe machine for just about every exercise he does. If you train using DC methods, a smythe machine is essential.
10% BF and 300 lbs doesnt mean squat ( no pun intented) about athletic proformance. Smith machines work fine for some things, but not for explosive excersises, I wouldnt touch smith machines. I am sure this 10% BF guy is all nice and built, but he probably cant play sports.

Ive burned plenty of guys in hockey who have 50 lbs on me. Being built doesnt nessisarily mean much for athletics. Of course that said, I dont think i'd want to try and play the body on people w/ 50 lbs on me, they'd probably throw me around :)

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by BerzerkFury
I'd like you to tell that to some of the people on intensemuscle. I for one, know a guy who's about 6'1 300 pounds at 10% bodyfat that uses a smythe machine for just about every exercise he does. If you train using DC methods, a smythe machine is essential.
He'd better be a pro lifter then!

My Brother's best friends sister knows this guy out in russia that... :rolleyes: