"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

small town dating

Aetolia

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 20, 2004
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
Who?
alright here's the situation

i live in a small town, it sucks, not much to do
the girl i'm taking out is new in town, and of course i want to show her a good time so out of the following what do you suggest and why?

Mini-golf
Movie (crappy theater)
dinner

that's about all i can think of, don't want to stay home of course, any suggestions i might not have thought of?

( i realize you don't live in the town so you don't know all the specifics, but you can guess, i have faith)
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

idiot_boyfriend

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 27, 2004
Messages
412
Reaction score
0
Location
Los Angeles, CA

Aetolia

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 20, 2004
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
Who?
thanks a lot

dude thanks for the link it rocks, everybody with this problem should check it out

thanks once again

here's to crossing my fingers the date goes well
 

idiot_boyfriend

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 27, 2004
Messages
412
Reaction score
0
Location
Los Angeles, CA
Have fun, man.
 

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
3,595
Reaction score
5
Age
40
Re: thanks a lot

Originally posted by Aetolia
dude thanks for the link it rocks, everybody with this problem should check it out

thanks once again

here's to crossing my fingers the date goes well
Thats why they have the search :p
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
Re: Re: thanks a lot

Originally posted by Vincent
Thats why they have the search :p
SHHHH. It's a secret.
 
Top