"So, What Do You Do for Fun?"

She asks it casually, mid-sip. And you feel the floor open up, because the honest answer is work, gym, and a couple shows you're half-watching.

Women rarely say this out loud, but a man with a life is attractive before he says a word. The guy who spent Saturday deep-sea fishing and came back with photos and a story — he walks in already interesting.

The "22 Rules" pushed me to build a life worth talking about. Turns out the fastest way to be interesting to women is to be interested in your own life first.

Read more...

Slow but noticeable changes in OLD, not that it matters much

DelayedGratification

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 16, 2019
Messages
328
Reaction score
213
Age
61
I swipe when I'm bored, make incremental changes to my profile when I'm even more bored. Thankfully I'm nowhere as invested in it as I was a year ago, when I learned the hard way just how soul-sucking and toxic that scene is.

But now that we're a week into social distancing, changes are happening. I've gotten a trickle of matches over the past couple of days that are higher quality than usual. Almost tempting to say that the late couple of days are about what I'd normally see in six months or more (my Costa Rica experience notwithstanding). Can't be a coincidence, though we'll see if it's a trend. Another week of this and mindsets they will be a-changing.

Of course, even if I found something I'd want to pursue, where would we go on a date? The Toilet Paper aisle? At least you'd have some privacy, lol...

Or if things progressed (or short-circuited straight to a hookup---not holding my breath), then there's the social distancing ethics to consider. My split household includes two adolescents---who are here a lot more often now that they base their distance-learning M-F at my house. My ex is a health worker who will be undoubtedly get closer to the front lines as they have to triage where they deploy medical personnel. As much as I'd like to let off steam, my relatively low degree of separation from the healthcare community makes knowingly putting myself at risk a much more concrete ethical conundrum.

At least I'm a little less bored with it.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 2, 2014
Messages
4,062
Reaction score
3,617
Age
33
Location
Sweden
I'm in a new town for university and tried out OLD again too in the last few days, because the virus shutdown of campus right before I got here stopped my plan to see if I can socialize there. OLD was just like when I got rid of it before, zero results, did not notice any change. Are you in new york?
 
Last edited:

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 29, 2007
Messages
4,392
Reaction score
927
I swipe when I'm bored, make incremental changes to my profile when I'm even more bored. Thankfully I'm nowhere as invested in it as I was a year ago, when I learned the hard way just how soul-sucking and toxic that scene is.

But now that we're a week into social distancing, changes are happening. I've gotten a trickle of matches over the past couple of days that are higher quality than usual. Almost tempting to say that the late couple of days are about what I'd normally see in six months or more (my Costa Rica experience notwithstanding). Can't be a coincidence, though we'll see if it's a trend. Another week of this and mindsets they will be a-changing.

Of course, even if I found something I'd want to pursue, where would we go on a date? The Toilet Paper aisle? At least you'd have some privacy, lol...

Or if things progressed (or short-circuited straight to a hookup---not holding my breath), then there's the social distancing ethics to consider. My split household includes two adolescents---who are here a lot more often now that they base their distance-learning M-F at my house. My ex is a health worker who will be undoubtedly get closer to the front lines as they have to triage where they deploy medical personnel. As much as I'd like to let off steam, my relatively low degree of separation from the healthcare community makes knowingly putting myself at risk a much more concrete ethical conundrum.

At least I'm a little less bored with it.
I noticed more too, but all dogs so far. The pretty ones still do not reach out and expect to be sent first. They're not searchin just receiving interest cause they're "too good" for having to make effort.
 

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 1, 2013
Messages
6,239
Reaction score
4,962
Online dating..

Got four potential dates I could go on right now.. However I would advise you guys to leave puzzy alone for a while.

Focus on isolation and your health.
 

DelayedGratification

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 16, 2019
Messages
328
Reaction score
213
Age
61
I'm in a new town for university and tried out OLD again too in the last few days, because the virus shutdown of campus right before I got here stopped my plan to see if I can socialize there. OLD was just like when I got rid of it before, zero results, did not notice any change. Are you in new york?
Just north of the Greater Boston Area.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 2, 2014
Messages
4,062
Reaction score
3,617
Age
33
Location
Sweden
Just north of the Greater Boston Area.
Fits the pattern then as I've seen on this forum and as I remember Roosh noting somewhere, it seems near enough every guy who is getting any kind of results on OLD is in the NYC area.
 

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,874
Reaction score
19,111
Fits the pattern then as I've seen on this forum and as I remember Roosh noting somewhere, it seems near enough every guy who is getting any kind of results on OLD is in the NYC area.
I'm in NY but not in the NYC area and I do pretty well
 

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 2, 2014
Messages
4,062
Reaction score
3,617
Age
33
Location
Sweden
Top