"Blank Mind on Dates? She's Dropping Hints You Keep Missing"

The plates get cleared and the silence lands like a brick. You can feel her waiting. Your brain offers up your commute, your job, the weather — topics that have ended more second dates than bad breath.

Here's what most guys never learn: women hand out free conversational material all night long. Tiny clues about what they actually want to discuss. Catch them and you never run out of things to say — because she's telling you what to say next.

Rule 4 of the "22 Rules" trains your ear to catch every single one.

Read more...

Single Because Everybody Thinks I’m “Claimed” By My Best Friend

TheCharmingGuy

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 19, 2020
Messages
325
Reaction score
272
Age
29
Location
North Carolina, US
I have a best friend who I have known for several years. She is a girl. We are very close and we care about each other, but not on any sort of romantic level. Nonetheless, every girl I meet shows no interest in me because they all think that I am “claimed” by the girl who is my best friend. I have tried to tell them that we are not dating, but it seems they think that we are really “cute together” and refuse to accept that we are NOT a pair. I feel lonely as I cannot ask out a girl because they think that I am already hooked up with someone else. When I talked to my best friend about it, they apologize, and say that they are having similar problems as me. Does anybody have advice for myself and my friend to break through the stereotypes?
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Romanemp22

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 30, 2020
Messages
949
Reaction score
893
Age
29
I would suggest don't go out with your bf girl at places you want to meet and hook up with women. Women will always categories you even if you're with your sister. Also is your friend maybe c0ckblocking you that you don't know, does she sometimes hit on you subconsciously?
 

TheCharmingGuy

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 19, 2020
Messages
325
Reaction score
272
Age
29
Location
North Carolina, US
She never hits on me, although to an outsider it definitely might look like it. As for dating, it is in the unwritten rules of our friendship that we do not want to date. And I still wouldn’t risk my best friend for a relationship that wouldn’t work out anyway. And thanks, I will try going places without this girl when I want to hook up. :)
 

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 29, 2020
Messages
2,792
Reaction score
2,125
Women are masters of notspeak, where if directly confronted they say not, but when asked what she wants, will talk about the thing she can't have.

You are not claimed romantically but socially, I have had similar issues with 2 women in my life but the wall of Sex was broken very early on in both instances, so we just bang every now and then.

In these situations it's basically your job to either blow up the relationship or profit from it in some way, otherwise, in the great words of Patrice O'Neil, "you'll be her little time boy"

I've been time boy before, it's brutal.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,863
Reaction score
19,090
I find this hard to believe...women LOVE guys that they think are "off limits"...something they find exciting and taboo about it...

More likely that is just an easy excuse to use
 

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 24, 2010
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
3,796
Welcome aboard.

While some women from afar might be intrigued with a man that they perceive as taken, your situation strikes me as different.

My observations aren't put downs, but they lead me to wonder if these are the dormant obstacles.

I suspect that you've chosen this female to be your friend because
A: She provides you some emotional fulfillment (women sometimes emotionally cheat on their boyfriends, but never sleep with these guys)
B; You like her as more than a friend, but either you haven't tried to attempt things further or she's made it known she's not interested.
C: You are getting something from this female friendship that you cannot get from a male friendship (think about this one for a while) .

Again, these are not put downs.

Seeing as though your moniker seems to be a reference to "The Smiths." (and while they were an excellent band) I'm not sure that any self-identification toward Morrissey is an image that you'd want to project (to women, that is).

From reading your first two postings, it's my opinion that you like the girl *more* than just your "friend." I take it that you don't want to risk the friendship by making your true feelings known...or is it that you already know her feelings toward you?
 
Last edited:

coyote_astro

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Feb 1, 2020
Messages
224
Reaction score
135
Age
35
If she offered to suck your di*k on a Saturday evening, would you really say no? Be honest.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Top