Simple Workout Techniqe's

HollowHorizon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I am trieng to get into this whole working out thing but i have a few burdens. I dont have any weights except 20 pound and a 10 pound weight. I can use that to an extent on my arms. What can i do in my room that is easy simple that only needs the body to be worked out For example push ups sits ups ect what else can i do to get a burn and do it simple

xyzzy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A "burn" is simply your muscle engorged in blood. You can get a burn from lifting just about anything in repetition, even from 20 lb weights. But having a burn will not do anything for you strength wise or muscle development wise. But it does feel pretty good.

Yeah, pushups and what you mentioned is about the spectrum you can do with yourself with what you have. Just don't expect to turn any girl's heads ... if you cant increase your weight loads your muscles wont have any reason to get stronger or bigger.

I started out the same way as you... I got a few weights at Walmart and worked out in my room for about a year or so. But once I joined a gym I never looked back, it was actually more convenient with having a full range of equipment there and a lot more room to operate.

But if you can't do that, I would buy heavier weights when the exercises get too easy and investing in a bench.

Last edited:

Redg v2.0

Don Juan
Reaction score
you might try looking for the charles atlas course on ***** or some other file sharer. I can't give a testimony for it, as I've opted to use weights myself, but it should give you some ideas for exercises. you can also check out the navy seal fitness guide for an extensive listing and explanation of PT's.

good luck

Tiggis

Don Juan
Reaction score
The burn

The burn is bad. It hinders muscle growth and it not productive.

The burn you feel is lactic acid being drawn into the muscle.

HollowHorizon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont see how pushups can be so bad...I mean comon

Why would they have army,marine,navy service men do it?

I dont see anything wrong with pushups

Tiggis

Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay - Pushups.

Listen up wingnut.
Push ups will help if you really out of shape and need to get some kind of muscle tone going.. For anyone but the beginner its a waste.

Many reps with light weight/no weight will produce muscle endurance which is great if you plan on a career in rowing but **** if you want to get larger better muscles.

Tig

Neo

Don Juan
Reaction score
try handstand pushups, dips between chairs, pushups between chairs ( for greater range of motion, get someone to sit on your back if you're strong enough), dips, pull ups, chin ups, crunches, plenty of stuff that you can do without weights, altho they would help