Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Simple tricks or hacks to manage anxiety

deadmasterx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It depends on what kind of anxiety are you talking about.

If I'm on my own and start having ****ty anxious thoughts (about work, girlfriend or whatever) I start confronting these thoughts. So it's kind of a voice fighting against the other one. But first I must acknowledge why am I having thoughts like that. If it doesn't work, I start doing the Wim Hof Method, that is pretty much breathing deeply and fast 30 times (in and out), my mind goes blank and the thoughts simply go away.

I honestly try not using any other external source to relieve my anxiety, because I know it's no good. You could use masturbation, you could use food, you could use cigarette, you could use alcohol... but guess what? They are all highly addictive and will destroy your life at some point.

Romanemp22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just r3
It depends on what kind of anxiety are you talking about.

If I'm on my own and start having ****ty anxious thoughts (about work, girlfriend or whatever) I start confronting these thoughts. So it's kind of a voice fighting against the other one. But first I must acknowledge why am I having thoughts like that. If it doesn't work, I start doing the Wim Hof Method, that is pretty much breathing deeply and fast 30 times (in and out), my mind goes blank and the thoughts simply go away.

I honestly try not using any other external source to relieve my anxiety, because I know it's no good. You could use masturbation, you could use food, you could use cigarette, you could use alcohol... but guess what? They are all highly addictive and will destroy your life at some point.
Just realize whatever negative thought lurk around, it's not true. Simple as that.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had continuous low level anxiety all my life. Exercise in the morning was enough to knock it out for the most part.

In the last half year I've been having serious marital problems. My anxiety skyrocketed. I've found that making sure I sleep enough is one huge key (I've focused on a hypnosis for insomnia track, there are also hypnosis for anxiety tracks that help). More recently I've been learning cognitive behavioral therapy. Yes I am in therapy so I can learn to deal with people who need to be in therapy.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I use the following tools to fight anxiety/stress:

1. Avoid or minimize caffeine on a stressful (say work meeting) day.

2. Cold. I find cold VERY soothing, and heat stresses me out. If I’m working at home, I’ll lower the temperature. Or go outside for a break during the winter. Or take a cold shower. (If you’re the opposite and find heat soothing, then go for a hot shower.)

3. Distraction. Focus on something mundane/dry/boring to take your mind off the anxious thoughts. Read something. Get your mind in a logical state to counteract an emotional state. Have a conversation with someone about a dry/technical topic or ask them about something you have no interest in. I will sometimes ask someone about their day (when I DGAF about it) just for free distraction.

Last edited:

SirBigBell

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I find that sex relieves stress in a major way. You have a good session and bust a big fat nut. You’ll sleep like a baby afterwards.

Alternatively or if the woman is contributing to the problem, just buy CBD oil from a health shop or from Amazon. Some places list it as hemp oil. Its a natural and safe product which has proven to be better for you than medications. Squeeze a drop or two of CBD oil under your tongue when you fee your anxiety rising, wait a few minutes and your calmness will return. I have 2 drops when im going to high pressure work meetings

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Remove and reduce stress. Over accumulated stress triggers anxiety.

Remove or reduce alcohol. Alcohol enhances anxiety.

Add physical fitness. Cardio eats up surplus stress keep your hormones at optimal levels.

Cut off conversation or people who are excessively critical or negative. That's negative energy which can increase anxiety.

FuzzX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
VR: Subnautica (Shallow water)

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let's keep meditation and breathing aside. For me,dark chocolate works wonders,what about you guys?

I used to get massive anxiety... if I was stuck
Somewhere like the middle of a church pew, airplane, bus... class... I would have a panic attack. I avoided caffeine and alcohol if I new I would be in those situations. If I felt anxiety starting I would often pinch the back of my arm so hard it would bruise and it would stop the attack. I’ve been on testosterone optimization therapy for 2 years now and I no longer have any anxiety.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Listen to the Trinity Sessions album by the Cowboy Junkies.

Here is their cover of "Sweet Jane". This tune in particular changes my mood within seconds:

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Things that are close to Meditation:

watch a movie
read a novel
do some walking self talk
work

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The rationalization that you are having anxiety goes a long way, just tell yourself "This is anxiety". Once you can rationalize anxiety, you can practice putting it into the back of your mind; most people who have anxiety are conditioned to let it go on unmanaged.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I used to get massive anxiety... if I was stuck
Somewhere like the middle of a church pew, airplane, bus... class... I would have a panic attack. I avoided caffeine and alcohol if I new I would be in those situations. If I felt anxiety starting I would often pinch the back of my arm so hard it would bruise and it would stop the attack. I’ve been on testosterone optimization therapy for 2 years now and I no longer have any anxiety.
Had something similar to that but to a much lesser extent.

I personally found that the (stereotypical) advice of taking deep breaths did NOT help at all to fight a panic attack. (But other peoples’ mileage may vary.)

I found that taking small, shallow breaths (almost like you are winding down to try to fall asleep) works pretty good.

Last edited:

gg999

Reaction score
Just came across this technique today. It works. I'm surprised this technique isn't being discussed or talked about in today's anxious ridden world.

It's basically taking in your peripheral vision unlocks some part of brain that is to do with relaxation and quiets the mind.
Looks really interesting, I'm going to try that today when approach anxiety arises. Will report back