Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Should you trust your gut feeling?

RestUnknown

Don Juan
Reaction score
Long story short, couple of weeks back felt quite confident and just randomly texted a girl at work and it worked as in we were more talkative as before and she initiated conversations and texts as well.

But the last weeks all confidence is gone again due to certain personal issues, sending a text or talking to her (and even other girls) feels very far away.

But should you go with your gut feeling? Have you ever done anything against your gut feeling and it turned out completely opposite as what you thought would happen? When I felt confident I just did it because it felt right, but currently it doesn't, it would feel as coming across too needy, she'd probably respond with one word or something like that...

Prettyboy Dee

Banned
Reaction score
Been there done that, I know exactly how you feel.....when you feeling yourself your more bold and when your not feeling yourself you lose all your swagger lol......

Theres no trick to it, you just have to remain confident at all times and ignore any random thoughts or feelings that go against your reality, fake it till you make it, even when you dont feel confident, Act like you do, have the same behaviors a confident person would have even when you dont feel it.

Dont feel bad about it though because trust me when I tell you, your not the only one.

RestUnknown

Don Juan
Reaction score
But won't your body language, whatever you say, etc... be showing your lack of self confidence and neediness if you act despite not feeling it and make matters worse?

Look this might just be an excuse to not act, but I don't want to become trapped in this vicious downward circle. It's probably a self protection mechanism or a huge fear of rejection.

But I must say that the times I did act when I didn't feel it, it didn't go so well. Conversations died immediately for example and this is another factor that makes me hold back when not feeling so good.

gettinit

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thinking back, I have done this quite a few times. In most cases, I fell back on "When in doubt, do nothing"
More times than not, it was the right way to go.

This thread makes me think of George!

Serenity

Reaction score
Confidence is having a high degree of outcome certainty.
Or having a high degree of outcome independence, that's the option I pick. I can't always be so certain it will go the way I want, but I can always stop caring about it.

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thinking back, I have done this quite a few times. In most cases, I fell back on "When in doubt, do nothing"
More times than not, it was the right way to go.

This thread makes me think of George!

This

You dont feel it, dont go for it.
Follow your guts.

Forcing more interaction when not feeling it and with no confidence will only end in an awkward interaction with bad result..

Do nothing for now.
Act only if confidence and gut feeling comes back

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
You will never be successful lestening to your gut feeling and intuition. Because your gut or intuition likes to play it safe.

Plenty of successful people do in fact use their gut feelings or intuition to make a decision despite everything that's laid out.

Ask many successful businessmen and they'll tell you it's the key towards failure and success.

However intuitive feelings is cultivated through experiencing life, the more one has been through something successfully the more intuitive he is about certain things.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Plenty of successful people do in fact use their gut feelings or intuition to make a decision despite everything that's laid out.

Ask many successful businessmen and they'll tell you it's the key towards failure and success.

However intuitive feelings is cultivated through experiencing life, the more one has been through something successfully the more intuitive he is about certain things.
Gut is trigger off the reaction of the group or person were dealing with.

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I agree Guts is base on experience and observations, its a deduction that is not a sure thing but is most likely true.

For example if a women is seeking too much attentions, a experience person who have seen and delt with those kind of behavioir in the past will a have a gut feeling that she is trash.

MountainSlide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Long story short, couple of weeks back felt quite confident and just randomly texted a girl at work and it worked as in we were more talkative as before and she initiated conversations and texts as well.

But the last weeks all confidence is gone again due to certain personal issues, sending a text or talking to her (and even other girls) feels very far away.

But should you go with your gut feeling? Have you ever done anything against your gut feeling and it turned out completely opposite as what you thought would happen? When I felt confident I just did it because it felt right, but currently it doesn't, it would feel as coming across too needy, she'd probably respond with one word or something like that...
I know what you’re talking about. Going against my gut feeling has never worked for me. I would recommend going and doing things that make you feel better. Eating healthy, gym, etc. Should clear up the confidence issue quite quickly.

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
You are like always, as defninative as gut feelings in an afc, about that girl that looked at him. And as correct as an I love you to a girl who says she just wants to be friends.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Work pickup is lazy as ****kkkk. If its McDonald's or burger king, whatever. If its your career, grow a pair and step up. Not at the workplace whereby if her entitlement is not matched or she doesn't get the ring, yiu end up in HR and life ruined.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Notice how you're actively ruining your own confidence with negative thinking. You're over analyzing by thinking you'll come across as needy. Perhaps you are, perhaps you're not, but what is for sure is that nothing will happen if you don't take any action.
Most people are their own worst enemy in regards to these things.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
You are like always, as defninative as gut feelings in an afc, about that girl that looked at him. And as correct as an I love you to a girl who says she just wants to be friends.
Gut feelings or intuition is different from a winner to that of a losers.

Instinct is an accumulation of many many experiences that's lodged in one's subconscious.

The more successful a man is the more reliable is his instinct.

Likewise if a man had experienced lesser in life, constantly loses, he cannot depend on his instincts.

It's a double edge sword depending on the type of man.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You will never be successful lestening to your gut feeling and intuition. Because your gut or intuition likes to play it safe.

So if you not in the game or doing bad in it ya need to listen to a player who has success. Let him school you get your head right. You dont know what to think.