Why "Whatever You Want" Keeps You Single

She says the movie looks dumb; you suddenly agree. She tests you with a little attitude; you apologize for nothing.

You think you're being easy to get along with. She reads something else entirely: a man with no edges. Nothing to hold on to. No friction, no tension, no reason to wonder what he really thinks.

The "22 Rules" taught me to push back — playfully, calmly, without needing her approval. Strange things happened after that.

Read more...

Should I settle for less

Black Casanova

Don Juan
Joined
May 21, 2004
Messages
115
Reaction score
1
I never had a g/f before but using this stuff has helped.

But the girl I think likes me, I dont really like that much.
Should I just ask her out for social proof or whatever?
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Porky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 16, 2003
Messages
1,474
Reaction score
0
no. you won't be happy.
 

NYC Dude

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 8, 2002
Messages
624
Reaction score
1
Location
New York City, USA
As the above poster said, using a girl for "practice" is a pretty good idea. My first relationship was with a girl that I was into, but most of it was spent experimenting with lots of firsts. Now I'm prepared for future relationships, and I won't have to worry about kissing/etc. at all now.
 

the_ajp

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 19, 2004
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
Age
45
Location
Netherlands, The
Originally posted by NYC Dude
As the above poster said, using a girl for "practice" is a pretty good idea. My first relationship was with a girl that I was into, but most of it was spent experimenting with lots of firsts. Now I'm prepared for future relationships, and I won't have to worry about kissing/etc. at all now.
Don't let her trick you though get out when it starts to become scary!
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

jonny football hero

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 1, 2003
Messages
705
Reaction score
1
Age
38
Location
!Robin Hood country, Uk!
Fck social proof. Do what you want.
 

TyTe`EyEs

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 25, 2004
Messages
1,049
Reaction score
2
Age
41
Location
Tallahassee
Originally posted by jonny football hero
Fck social proof. Do what you want.

That's what I'm talking about. :D
 

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
3,595
Reaction score
5
Age
40
Originally posted by Interpol
I would usually say no...But if you've never been in a relationship before, it might be a good idea to get some "practice" if you know what I'm saying.
I agree with this. If you have a girlfriend you will get noticed.

Its kinda like publicity:

Any publicity is good publicity
 

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 21, 2002
Messages
1,230
Reaction score
0
Never.
 

AC/DC

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 16, 2003
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
3
Age
38
Location
hyphy bay area, ca
Originally posted by Vincent
Any publicity is good publicity
Immediately Michael Jackson comes to mind. Any time you see this guy on the news, you know it's about him and kinds.. and they're not his.

Tell the girl you just want to mess around (so you can practice), and you're not looking for a relationship becuase you don't have the time.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
Originally posted by AC/DC
you're not looking for a relationship becuase you don't have the time.
No comment.

**** buddy is a good idea.
 

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 10, 2003
Messages
15,481
Reaction score
65
Location
Galt's Gulch
Something to consider:

People tend to settle for things that they believe they worth. ;)
 

splinterkb

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 6, 2004
Messages
750
Reaction score
4
Age
40
Location
Minnesota
NEVER SETTLE FOR LESS THAN WHAT YOU WANT
 
Top