Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Should I go to university aged 27?

Infern0

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been stuck in retail management for the last few years and the mall I work in is closing just before uni starts.

I'd be losing some money but long term obviously it'd pay off plus I kind of miss the fact I never did the party lifestyle.

Reckon I am too old?

dustmuffin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been stuck in retail management for the last few years and the mall I work in is closing just before uni starts.

I'd be losing some money but long term obviously it'd pay off plus I kind of miss the fact I never did the party lifestyle.

Reckon I am too old?
No.....Go to school.....

Yewki

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kind of confused, you seem to realize university is the right choice... but you're not sure if you should go because you might be too old to party?

??

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm going back to school at 41 to get my Computer Science degree. I have been programming for quite a while and am very close to getting a job doing it, but still want the actual degree. Look into online virtual campus schools. more and more legit colleges are having online programs for adults who want to change careers

Billtx49

Reaction score
Go
I went for the last time at age 25. Younger men look up to you in social situations, especially a Frat. No problem nailing the younger girls also. Almost a matter of pride later for them to tell their circle about them laying you.
If you do go, dedicate yourself fully to obtaining a degree.

Last edited:

SmooveMooves

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are a bit old. Getting laid certainly wont prove any difficulty but you will feel out of place partying with immature students who are 6 years or more your junior. You should go to college to set yourself up for better opportunities but i wouldn't go expecting to party. Your best bet would be to make some graduate friends.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Honestly, I think it'd be easier for you. You probably wont score as easily with chicks who JUST turned 18 or something, but unless you look a hella lot older than you actually are, you still could. Then again they tend to not be as hot as 24 year olds or something, but that's just my opinion.

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You'll have a easier times with the girls (lay).... you will feel everyone immature....

So you'll want to hang with the graduate students and occasionnally go to Frat or bar events.

27 is not old for university.... some people are even too young to go to university even if they 18-20....

It's a matter of choice. You'll see there is a lot of older students (27 to 50 years old, alot are going back after a dissillution in career path).

Go for you and learning + extend your social network

Bayne05

Don Juan
Reaction score
You never too old for education. And yes the younger guys will respect you, you'll be the alpha by default. There is no age limit for university parties either, and the chicks dig the older guys.

Infern0

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not worried about being "too old to party" lol I look younger than 27 and I'm in shape etc I already party with students sometimes.

It's more being a full time student and living on that money that concerns me but I'm going to go do it **** it

grayclif

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm going to go do it **** it
In all seriousness a degree program is not a fukk it type situation. You need to take this seriously. I wouldn't even worry about the partying aspect of college. You can condense a four year degree into three if you plan and work hard. This is serious business and expensive. If you are borrowing remember these loans don't go away. You will owe this money forever if not paid back.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you are never old, only if you gave up, if you have the chance to go and study, and more important can pay for that, DO so, anything who can help you get better is always welcome, worse case you can get a better network of people

btw you can very well work and study, I had to do that, and you can survive

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In all seriousness a degree program is not a fukk it type situation. You need to take this seriously. I wouldn't even worry about the partying aspect of college. You can condense a four year degree into three if you plan and work hard. This is serious business and expensive. If you are borrowing remember these loans don't go away. You will owe this money forever if not paid back.
Not true. If you go through the IBR program you pay back a certain amount each month based on your income for 20 years and whatever is owed at the end of that is waived.

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As far as study goes, go for it. Just be sure to take a worthwhile course like something vocational that will give you genuine work prospects afterwards. There are a lot of BS degrees out there these days which will not improve your CV at all, especially in the current market where bachelor's degrees are two a penny. You're almost better off getting a trade these days like plumbing, electrical or carpentry if money is what you're after.

CMNILS87

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Reckon I am too old?
I'm 29, back in school in at NDSU for construction management. The payoff is worth the extra 22k it will cost out of pocket now. I feel the same about maturity levels. I literally don't have time for the bulldhit, I'm super focused on school and running a side construction business for money. The client interaction and building process experience that I have is leaps and bounds above what the 20 year old "know it alls" think they have. You need to just commit and go for it balls to the walls, but also pursue a career with a growth in the field over the next 10 years. Medical, construction, etc.

The one thing I've noticed it that many people on campus are super timid and not confident. You coming in and knowing yourself and strengths/weaknesses and confidence should exude out of your every pore and people will notice it.

hockeyfreak79

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes

I've managed to be successful without a degree however getting to that next level makes it harder. Just fvcking do it.

Silko

Don Juan
Reaction score
life is the school, whatever you want to learn, whenever.

You limit yourself with your own rules. Keep going to school if you feel like. Period.

CMNILS87

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
life is the school, whatever you want to learn, whenever.

You limit yourself with your own rules. Keep going to school if you feel like. Period.
Sitting in construction surveying after doing a bid and design on a fence the night before, just makes my head want to explode. Some classes a literally just a formality after you have so much field experience

Silko

Don Juan
Reaction score
Some classes a literally just a formality after you have so much field experience
School is not only equal to classes. School is everything where and how you learn.
That can be:
- in a 'classic' school with classic classes,
- the autodidact way ...

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why not? Never to late for university. School is not for everyone. You can meet new people, learn new hobbies, play sports, join clubs ETC. Expand your social circle meet new friends, practice gaming women