Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Should I drop my wing?

dyldo_swaggins

Reaction score
I moved to a new town and after months of searching online and in bars/clubs, I was able to find a wing who's into game and pick-up.

However, when I started to actually go out with him, I noticed he will rarely approach and only talk about long, complicated technicals of how he would game them if he were to approach.

I'm 1 year into this and was just getting over my AA before moving here but he is rubbing off on me and I'm starting to fall into the same trap as him of theorizing and not taking action. Is it best to drop him and start going out solo? I mostly nighthame so I don't know how viable soloing is.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you befriended a guy who said he's a sailor, but he never takes you out onto the lake, is he worth being a sailor? You decide.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Yes

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I moved to a new town and after months of searching online and in bars/clubs, I was able to find a wing who's into game and pick-up.

However, when I started to actually go out with him, I noticed he will rarely approach and only talk about long, complicated technicals of how he would game them if he were to approach.

I'm 1 year into this and was just getting over my AA before moving here but he is rubbing off on me and I'm starting to fall into the same trap as him of theorizing and not taking action. Is it best to drop him and start going out solo? I mostly nighthame so I don't know how viable soloing is.
If you never approach , drop him

One thing is to discuss post approach to debug what happened , and a totally different thing to never approach and just chat about it

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, you need to drop that wing.

There are men who can be good friends but not good wings. I noticed that with a couple of my male friends.

This is also one reason I like non-bar approaching better than bar approaching. It's more socially acceptable to do non-bar approaching alone. A lot of the non-bar venues are tailored to people being alone.

dyldo_swaggins

Reaction score
Yes, you need to drop that wing.

There are men who can be good friends but not good wings. I noticed that with a couple of my male friends.

This is also one reason I like non-bar approaching better than bar approaching. It's more socially acceptable to do non-bar approaching alone. A lot of the non-bar venues are tailored to people being alone.
What non-bar/club venues work best for you?

RazorRambo24

Banned
Reaction score
2 pu55ie's dont make a ****. you both need to man up and start talking to women .. because you're clearly in the same boat..

you can't blame another man for not talking to women for you, when you probably don't wing any for him either..

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The other extreme is an overly aggressive wing that pressures you to approach women you aren't interested in and makes you uncomfortable.

Just go solo so you can learn and improve at your own pace.
This. The perfect wing is hard to find.

Such a wing can always be usefull tho. You have a person to fall back on , and it might be easier to approach groups of women.

The mere fact he is with you as a wing is already ten times better than just a random homie you'll have to force to go along with you. You gotta play into each other's strengths..maybe you are better at initiating, and he is good at continuing the conversations. You can also make it a game , and take turns approaching women.

So what kinda wingman are you? Would you like to have yourself as a wingman? And how were the results so far?

Last edited:

MajesticOne

Reaction score
Monkey branch lmao. If you hate going out solo (tbf, going out solo for night game IS pretty awkward) spend a night or two trying to find cool guys to replace him and when you do...replace him.

In general, it shouldn't be super hard to find wings. GOOD wings, yes, but pretty much any guy at a bar who is clearly not with a group is most likely there to talk to girls. Whether or not they are good is another question, but as long as he has balls he should be OK. I would rather have a wing with balls than some guy who has a lot of theory but takes no action.

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve had exactly ONE good wing my entire life. It was great! All my others have been at best, irrelevant and at worst, either by design or being social idiots, c*ckblockers.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I never used a wingman in my life.

I did have a 'wingwoman', an ex-girlfriend who enjoyed my company and would talk me up to other women.

I prefer to go out alone with my cat. He draws in the honeys, I take them to my lair. And he doesn't care.