"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Should I break up with my gf (30) for being a brat?

vanballmoos

Banned
Joined
Oct 27, 2017
Messages
92
Reaction score
13
Age
31
Okay so it’s my girlfriends 30th birthday in a few days and unfortunately my grandfather got really sick and my mom wants me to come home just in case he passes away. She’s back in the office full time so she can’t come with me.

A little backstory, admittedly I haven’t been the best boyfriend. I’ll just get angry and shut down and won’t talk to her for weeks. Well I did this about a month ago. She called me to ask what sides she should bring to dinner. I don’t know why but I just thought she had attitude so I just hung up on her and didn’t talk to her for about 3 weeks. I contacted her last week and I was asking her what she wanted for her birthday. Then I found out I would be missing her birthday because of my grandfather. I left yesterday morning to go be with my family (they live several states away). Before I left she said, “you haven’t put any thought into my birthday have you? You’re asking me what I want days before so like everything else you just haven’t put in any effort.” I told her I couldn’t help that I can’t be here to which she replied, “she said it’s not that, you have to be with your family so you can’t help that. It’s that you disappeared for weeks so I expected you to have put in a lot of effort and if you’re asking me days before what I want that means you haven’t thought about this. It’s about effort.”

She called me later to apologize saying that she’s harboring a lot of resentment but she shouldn’t have brought it up because I should be focusing on being with my family right now.

I respect the apology but she was just a brat for getting upset about her birthday when I have someone that I care about dying. It was incredibly selfish. Now it has me questioning how things would be with her long term. Should I be concerned?
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Spaz

Banned
Joined
Jan 14, 2018
Messages
8,337
Reaction score
6,878
Women get upset over little things, in a single day her hormones will make her go from sad-angry-happy-joyous-sad-angry-happy and joyful again - in a nutshell that's how things works with women.

It would make them say things that they will regret later but at that particular moment in time, it would completely make sense to her.

For this reason alone, I would prefer to see their actions rather then what's spoken because actions speaks of intent - good or bad, while words are merely words without action.
 

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 18, 2015
Messages
10,537
Reaction score
8,538
Age
37
You’re the one that fvcked up OP. Frankly, I’m surprised she stuck around after you ghosted for three weeks. Would you stick around if she did that to you?

To be honest if I were in your shoes I would apologize to her, give her a very small birthday gift. Then ask her to give you some time to handle your family situation and you will do a full birthday celebration soon as it settles.

Come on guys. Game doesn’t mean treat girlfriends like garbage.
 

SW15

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 31, 2020
Messages
15,423
Reaction score
12,522
You’re the one that fvcked up OP. Frankly, I’m surprised she stuck around after you ghosted for three weeks. Would you stick around if she did that to you?

To be honest if I were in your shoes I would apologize to her, give her a very small birthday gift. Then ask her to give you some time to handle your family situation and you will do a full birthday celebration soon as it settles.
This
 

Cappo Yung

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 18, 2019
Messages
82
Reaction score
34
Age
37
I agree with EyeBRollin-

I think she should be the one considering the dumping, with all due respect my friend.

I think at the time of your post, your emotion was on high.

This what I would do, I would start with rectifying any underlying issues with her as soon as family matters is over, then take it from there.

After 3 weeks of ghosting and she still picks up your call, she seems like a keeper, but without addressing pass or current issues, things might not lost much longer.
-Based on the little information you’ve provided- those are my thoughts-

Good luck my friend
- Yung
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

HyenaPrince

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 27, 2020
Messages
579
Reaction score
815
The question is, why haven't you talked to her for 3 weeks?
 

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 10, 2020
Messages
3,129
Reaction score
3,626
Location
US
You sound like you have serious maturity issues and you are acting like a douchebag bro. My advice to her would be to drop you ASAP she deserves better. Sorry.
That type of comment is the type of comment a simp would make. Just sayin'.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 16, 2015
Messages
5,415
Reaction score
7,933
Age
57
Advice from the old lady:

She’s the brat? I think not. YOU are the brat. As others have said you ghosted for 3 weeks and she still took your call. Had I been in her shoes you’d have been history already. You don’t blank your partner for 3 weeks and then resurface like nothing happened.

Would you tolerate that? Somehow I doubt you would.

So you are the one with amends to make, not her. If your history in the past has been to treat her as an after thought on a special occasion? Then she has a valid beef there too. She’s correct to be hesitant and cautious.

So my advice is check your attitude and look in the mirror. You have work to do on yourself.

Or next her. She will do just fine without you.
 

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,866
Reaction score
19,094
That type of comment is the type of comment a simp would make. Just sayin'.
Well, if treating a person you claim to care about with respect, forget from a relationship standpoint...from a human being standpoint, is being a simp then yes I am.

But honestly it sounds more like you never learned what being a man is about from your Dad. And I am not talking about being a man from a standpoint of getting and banging women, I am talking about how to actually be one.
 

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 10, 2020
Messages
3,129
Reaction score
3,626
Location
US
nah OPs behavior is simp. Be with her and be committed like a man, or leave her. That in between ish is for kids.
Perhaps; I didn't read the OP's post until now. I don't necessarily think ghosting someone is immature, although 3 weeks is definitely excessive.
 

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 18, 2015
Messages
10,537
Reaction score
8,538
Age
37
Beta thinking. Ghosting is ALWAYS on the table. Its your only agency.
Here's is SECS.
Eyeball if ghosting isnt the trump card to her sexuality then what is?
More "talks"
Negotiations? LOL please man.

Rejection breeds obsession.
Being a gentleman matters to some of us. If a woman was decent enough to become a DJs committed girlfriend, she’s earned a considerable amount of respect. A gentlemen parts ways in a cordial fashion.
 

“The 22 Psychological Triggers That Make Women Chase You… Starting Tonight”

Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.

I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.

Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules.  Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.

Read more...

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 16, 2005
Messages
1,847
Reaction score
3,696
Location
Mile High City, USA
I’ll just get angry and shut down and won’t talk to her for weeks. Well I did this about a month ago. She called me to ask what sides she should bring to dinner. I don’t know why but I just thought she had attitude so I just hung up on her and didn’t talk to her for about 3 weeks.
WTF, who does this?

OP, you're the brat. Do you lack communication skills or self awareness or both? Pouting for 3 weeks over something so trivial is a bad look for a man.

She'd have every reason to dump you. I actually hope she does. You need to learn.
 

vanballmoos

Banned
Joined
Oct 27, 2017
Messages
92
Reaction score
13
Age
31
Kind of harsh reaction to sides? Attitude? Was she yelling at you like a psyco?
Just from what you wrote here i would think that you shouldnt worry about it because you keep that up she's going to replace you. Ofcourse i don't know what she said to you with "attitude"
It depends on what she said dash and he didn't say that. There is shyt that woman can say that will get a boot or a month long ghost. If you dont think so your frame is not in the right place
This isn't captain save a hoe hour.

If OP went off just for saying about what's for dinner then fine he is a prick. But lets get the facts before hanging the fcking guy i think there is plenty of that going on these days.

OP WTF did she say to you? About the sides and dinner etc etc
She called me on FT naked and told me she just woke up. Her voice was raspy so I thought she was putting on an attitude. She asked me what I was up to. Then I told her she sounded like I had an attitude so I hung up on her. She called me twice and I picked up and asked her why she kept blowing up my phone and I hung up again.

she just called me to make sure I got to my parents house okay but honestly I’m still pissed at how ugly she acted this morning. She said that’s why she called and apologized this morning and I told her she was *****. So I kind of just hung up on her again and texted her this is why we can’t get along and why I’m not 100% sure about her.
 

HyenaPrince

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 27, 2020
Messages
579
Reaction score
815
She called me on FT naked and told me she just woke up. Her voice was raspy so I thought she was putting on an attitude.
What? How did you come to that conclusion? She called you naked and you thought it was an attitude? I can't find anything rational in your behavior within those two interactions. Is there something more to it than you've told us?
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Top