Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Should have been a barber

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you were a barber you would look at people with stem degree's making a lot of money and say "gee, i should have gone down that route".

You chose what you chose and I am assuming it is for a good reason. Make the most of it, celebrate your accomplishments and don't worry about what other people are doing or have.
Yeh bro you make a great point. I am actually grateful deep down. I just started making decent money ( for a single guy). Up until 2 years ago I was living in almost poverty because I had to start my life over. So trust me if I never make much more money than I am now I will always be grateful.

It's just that sometimes you think the grass is greener for a split second. I do still believe that you need to have at least a side hustle that you can call your own shots. Having a boss is not ideal.

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Making money as a barber is much more difficult than getting a license.

You gotta build your business, worry about competition, find a decent place next to plenty of demand, etc.

Average salaries are between 30K and 50K, which means half of barbers make less than that.

This is very true..maybe my barber was exaggerating to me. But yeh the numbers don't lie. What I was slightly envious about is the freedom he had. No boss, and his job is scalable.

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You did STEM in college, which is better than many. Getting a STEM degree is better than getting a BA/BS in Business Administration. A Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree is also overrated in many cases. Some STEM undergrads end up with MBAs, which is a good combo if the MBA is done at a top school. If you get an MBA from a non-Top 25/50 school and your bachelor's degree was either Business or a liberal arts/social sciences type degree, then you're bound for a decent amount of frustration.

STEM undergrad degrees are also better than the liberal arts/social science type degree.
Yes I agree. STEM undergrads are usually more marketable than many other degrees. But to make 100k plus you need to get atleast a masters like you said. In accounting from what I understand you can make 100k ( if you pass the CPA) with just an undergrad degree.

YourGreatestFear

Don Juan
Reaction score
Let me tell you guys a secret. I know people who write harem fantasy wish-fulfilling books and they make 100k-1000k per year (guys with 1000k use ghostwritters). A cafe owner in a third-world country can make 500k yearly, easy. There are dropshippers who make as much. There are many ways to earn big money, most of which are related to business. MBA is the best degree if you want to make big cash, hell you can become a barbershop owner and make 10x more than this self-employed barber dude. Of course, it depends on your country, in some countries, it's easier to do business than in others. But guess what, the internet is international. More than this, in some countries you can open and successfully run a business even without being a resident.

kavi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I fell that as a man you really dont wanna do an office corporate job. It will strip you of your masculinity and positive energy. It will make you less attractive to women (they will like that you are good corporate slave so you can get a nice house, but it will kill your game). Nowadays these jobs are geared towards women so we should let them have them.

I have a Computer Science background and worked in corporate for many years. I would trade that for a barbers job making 30k GBP. At the end of the barbers day he is gonna feel good having made light fun convo with customers, being on his feet, not worrying about infantile office politics, promotions etc. He can move around, work somewhere else if he loses his job, work history is not a big deal, no one is gonna ask for references but the corporate guy its like just one mistake or bad luck could mess up his career and he will always be a slave to the system. The corporate career is messed up cos the more you work the harder it is to leave, it will suck you in and leave you with little at the end of the day.

A barber can quit his job and find something else when he needs it. No stress and more freedom. A corporate guy he cannot ever leave his job unless he has another one lined.

A barber would have more flexibility to start a side hustle too so in some ways for an intelligent guy the overall potential for greater income can be higher. But the corporate guy I think he will just stick to his job and things will get stale.

Last edited:

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes I agree. STEM undergrads are usually more marketable than many other degrees. But to make 100k plus you need to get atleast a masters like you said. In accounting from what I understand you can make 100k ( if you pass the CPA) with just an undergrad degree.
Those with a bachelor's degree in a STEM area, particularly science and engineering, get great starting salaries as new grads. I thought you could get to $100k with a BS in Electrical Engeering, Mechanical Engineering, or Computer Engineering. Roosh was a STEM graduate from University of Maryland before becoming a full time pickup artist and writing "Bang". His BS was Microbiology, which was on the S side of STEM.

Accounting is the best discipline within the realm of Business. Accountants are always in demand. Within business, it's the best way to ensure employment. Finance can be lucrative but more layoff prone. It's not the worst discipline. Management Information Systems (MIS) and Operations are decent niches. Operations has been closely associated with Supply Chain, which is really hot right now but has always had a following. Marketing can be the most glamorous but the most layoff prone. Due to perceived glamour, getting Marketing roles can be difficult. People with business degrees also often pursue sales roles, which have some level of instability as well. In many organizations, sales reps are out the door if not making quota. Sales quotas are often unreasonable.

Sales and Marketing have the most applicability towards pickup and seduction.

In colleges, women with Business majors and a Marketing/Advertising type focus area within the major tend to be slightly smarter pretty ones. Some of the hottest chick majors are Psychology/Sociology/Communication. The Psychology/Sociology/Communication hotties become sales reps and make money selling to horn dog, thirsty professional men. The pretty women who are Business/Marketing majors often end up in fashionable ad agencies. Some might be cut out for brand management roles, but brand management roles requires a level of careerism that the hottest women don't want, but some cuties will do.

MBA is the best degree if you want to make big cash,
That's true for a select few MBAs. It's not true for a lot of MBAs. Where you get your MBA matters a lot. You want a Top 25/Ivy League MBA program.

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You admire someone earning 100k that found a loophole out of providing any child support? Beating the system, I totally get. Avoiding responsibility to one's child, I would never understand.

I totally get your reasoning of not being an employee hostage (and typically agree with you on your postings) .
No you don't understand. He is a good father. His ex wife kept going to the court for child support increases. It got so bad that he was only left with $400 per pay period to live on. In addition to that she was still leaving him with the kids. He had to live out of his car at one point. The ridiculous child support was killing him.

Now he has full custody of the children and is doing well. Had he not become a barber he probably would not have been able to shake the system from raping him even more.

Dang bruh how come you just assumed he was a dead beat dad. You been Redpilled long enough to know that most times the father wants to support the child. It's the woman that uses the legal system to set outrageous child support.

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I fell that as a man you really dont wanna do an office corporate job. It will strip you of your masculinity and positive energy. It will make you less attractive to women (they will like that you are good corporate slave so you can get a nice house, but it will kill your game). Nowadays these jobs are geared towards women so we should let them have them.

I have a Computer Science background and worked in corporate for many years. I would trade that for a barbers job making 30k GBP. At the end of the barbers day he is gonna feel good having made light fun convo with customers, being on his feet, not worrying about infantile office politics, promotions etc. He can move around, work somewhere else if he loses his job, work history is not a big deal, no one is gonna ask for references but the corporate guy its like just one mistake or bad luck could mess up his career and he will always be a slave to the system. The corporate career is messed up cos the more you work the harder it is to leave, it will suck you in and leave you with little at the end of the day.

A barber can quit his job and find something else when he needs it. No stress and more freedom. A corporate guy he cannot ever leave his job unless he has another one lined.

A barber would have more flexibility to start a side hustle too so in some ways for an intelligent guy the overall potential for greater income can be higher. But the corporate guy I think he will just stick to his job and things will get stale.
Bro you get what I am trying to say. The corporate world emasculates you badly. Anything other than working for yourself emasculates you. Plus, you never really have real job security unless you are your own boss.

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Those with a bachelor's degree in a STEM area, particularly science and engineering, get great starting salaries as new grads. I thought you could get to $100k with a BS in Electrical Engeering, Mechanical Engineering, or Computer Engineering. Roosh was a STEM graduate from University of Maryland before becoming a full time pickup artist and writing "Bang". His BS was Microbiology, which was on the S side of STEM.

Accounting is the best discipline within the realm of Business. Accountants are always in demand. Within business, it's the best way to ensure employment. Finance can be lucrative but more layoff prone. It's not the worst discipline. Management Information Systems (MIS) and Operations are decent niches. Operations has been closely associated with Supply Chain, which is really hot right now but has always had a following. Marketing can be the most glamorous but the most layoff prone. Due to perceived glamour, getting Marketing roles can be difficult. People with business degrees also often pursue sales roles, which have some level of instability as well. In many organizations, sales reps are out the door if not making quota. Sales quotas are often unreasonable.

Sales and Marketing have the most applicability towards pickup and seduction.

In colleges, women with Business majors and a Marketing/Advertising type focus area within the major tend to be slightly smarter pretty ones. Some of the hottest chick majors are Psychology/Sociology/Communication. The Psychology/Sociology/Communication hotties become sales reps and make money selling to horn dog, thirsty professional men. The pretty women who are Business/Marketing majors often end up in fashionable ad agencies. Some might be cut out for brand management roles, but brand management roles requires a level of careerism that the hottest women don't want, but some cuties will do.

That's true for a select few MBAs. It's not true for a lot of MBAs. Where you get your MBA matters a lot. You want a Top 25/Ivy League MBA program.
Very interesting. I wish I had read this when I was in college. Btw I thought they were outsourcing accountants in order to cut costs.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Very interesting. I wish I had read this when I was in college. Btw I thought they were outsourcing accountants in order to cut costs.
Accounting is a way better field of study within Business than Marketing.

When companies conduct layoffs, marketing professionals are sent to the unemployment line well before accounting professionals are. Very few marketers make it 10 years in their career without

A) being a layoff victim
B) being part of a company that was laying off marketing professionals and they needed to leave before they were the next marketer shiitcanned

When people lose their jobs in white collar, it is rare that it is their own fault. In white collar, when there are job losses, it is usually the sign of an incompetent executive management team or the product/service that the company sells is a difficult to market/sell product. In other words, the market has little to no use for that product/service itself.

This is different than blue collar and low wage service sector where terminations for gross misconduct and incompetence are far more common.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I make well over 100K as a software engineer with no master degree.

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am in STEM and make 6 figures a year working from home. Why would I quit and become a barber?
STEM is a very broad field. When I refer to STEM I mean life science majors. Good for you tho