Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Should have been a barber

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was talking to my new barber. He stated that getting his barber license was the best thing to happen to him. He was able to get out of child support because you declare what you want. He also has his own business. He makes almost 100k a year and set his own hours and prices. This makes me doing college (STEM) feel stupid. College trains you to work for others. No matter how cool your job is, one day you will hate working for others. I feel conned.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I was talking to my new barber. He stated that getting his barber license was the best thing to happen to him. He was able to get out of child support because you declare what you want. He also has his own business. He makes almost 100k a year and set his own hours and prices. This makes me doing college (STEM) feel stupid. College trains you to work for others. No matter how cool your job is, one day you will hate working for others. I feel conned.
Prob. unwise to commit tax fraud. Stiff penalties and mandatory sentences. Don't follow this dude.

firstbornunicorn

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He was able to get out of child support because you declare what you want. He also has his own business.
Having your own business isn't exclusive to barbers, you know this right? STEM + business sense = founder/CTO (everyone is looking for these)

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This makes me doing college (STEM) feel stupid. College trains you to work for others. No matter how cool your job is, one day you will hate working for others. I feel conned.
You did STEM in college, which is better than many. Getting a STEM degree is better than getting a BA/BS in Business Administration. A Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree is also overrated in many cases. Some STEM undergrads end up with MBAs, which is a good combo if the MBA is done at a top school. If you get an MBA from a non-Top 25/50 school and your bachelor's degree was either Business or a liberal arts/social sciences type degree, then you're bound for a decent amount of frustration.

STEM undergrad degrees are also better than the liberal arts/social science type degree.

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
can you side hustle as a barber? as a side hustle, you don't need to earn much at the start. lots of stem dudes are in music, why not hair?

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I mean that is what standardized education is. It is children's work. I wrote an article about this:

Schools, colleges, and such will become less and less common as people take the veil off and become financially educated. Rockefeller was one of the main proponents to abolish teaching economics, finance, business in the early stages of school. Doing so would create entrepreneurs, etc. Effectively, the goal is to create a gate that can only herd sheep. For children to become used and numb to the idea that normal is going to school so you can have a good life. Not a great life, just a good one. School, career, and family. As simple and straightforward as that.

My point is that whatever path you choose that you hopefully choose yourself and not chosen for you.

Modern Man Advice

IKO69

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you were a barber you would look at people with stem degree's making a lot of money and say "gee, i should have gone down that route".

You chose what you chose and I am assuming it is for a good reason. Make the most of it, celebrate your accomplishments and don't worry about what other people are doing or have.

Last edited:

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You admire someone earning 100k that found a loophole out of providing any child support? Beating the system, I totally get. Avoiding responsibility to one's child, I would never understand.

I totally get your reasoning of not being an employee hostage (and typically agree with you on your postings) .

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Then use the knowledge you gain to start your own business where you can make way more than 100K. If your goal is to make a 100K, you simply need to set higher goals.

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He makes almost 100k a year and set his own hours and prices. This makes me doing college (STEM) feel stupid. College trains you to work for others. No matter how cool your job is, one day you will hate working for others. I feel conned.
Aint being funny but thats a hell of a lot of hair cuts and a hell of a lot regulars, you dont build that clientele base in a year to earn that much.

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I mean that is what standardized education is. It is children's work. I wrote an article about this:

Schools, colleges, and such will become less and less common as people take the veil off and become financially educated. Rockefeller was one of the main proponents to abolish teaching economics, finance, business in the early stages of school. Doing so would create entrepreneurs, etc. Effectively, the goal is to create a gate that can only herd sheep. For children to become used and numb to the idea that normal is going to school so you can have a good life. Not a great life, just a good one. School, career, and family. As simple and straightforward as that.

My point is that whatever path you choose that you hopefully choose yourself and not chosen for you.

Modern Man Advice
really where are you getting your proof of that would love to know more.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here is the thing.... YOU are your only source of income as a one man barber. If you do cash side deals that you don't declare , good luck getting a home loan. You break your hand punching some mouthy punk from SoSuave and you are not earning any money.

How about you save your STEM earnings to buy a small retail storefront along a busy downtown street and build a 3 chair barbershop. Then barbers pay you rent for the chairs? Or better yet build a Salon and let 6 cute young "stylists" rent chairs in your Salon....Now your money is working for you...

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
can you side hustle as a barber? as a side hustle, you don't need to earn much at the start. lots of stem dudes are in music, why not hair?
Brotha they are asking for 1.5 yrs of barber school in order to cut in some states. It's ridiculous. This is why I can't do it as a side hustle easily.n

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Brotha they are asking for 1.5 yrs of barber school in order to cut in some states. It's ridiculous. This is why I can't do it as a side hustle easily.n
that is ridiculous. some things definitely easier in the old days.

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here is the thing.... YOU are your only source of income as a one man barber. If you do cash side deals that you don't declare , good luck getting a home loan. You break your hand punching some mouthy punk from SoSuave and you are not earning any money.

How about you save your STEM earnings to buy a small retail storefront along a busy downtown street and build a 3 chair barbershop. Then barbers pay you rent for the chairs? Or better yet build a Salon and let 6 cute young "stylists" rent chairs in your Salon....Now your money is working for you...
Man you make some great points. I will definitely look into buying a small retail storefront. Thanks

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Many guys with STEM make 200k a year or more. Envying a barber, lmao.
Haha brotha I'm a damn lab technician making less than half of that. STEM pays off if you get a masters degree or higher. At the bachelors level it doesn't pay that much. Not all STEM degrees are created equal. If you do biology or a life science you won't get paid that much.

And with a trade school like a barber you can be your own boss. In STEM it's difficult to be your own boss. You are mostly working for a corporation in a lab or something.