Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Shooting that shot too early?

Knight of Roses

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sup boys.

Something on my mind lately. During times when you feel a conversation is going well and go ahead and ask a girl out, only to be met with resistance or flakey/ghosting behavior.

I'm wondering, am I coming off too strong too early? I remember years ago I read Mystery Method's book where he discussed the several stages of attraction including initial attraction, male to female/female to male interest, comfort building, etc. When you look at Robert Greene's Laws of seduction book, there are certain similarities.

Are those things in use today? What are some of your experiences? I'm very straight forward with my approaches. If I think a girl is hot, I go up and approach, chit chat for a few, and get that number quick. Unfortunately, I'm having a high flake rate in getting these girls out, close to 40-50%.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sup boys.

Something on my mind lately. During times when you feel a conversation is going well and go ahead and ask a girl out, only to be met with resistance or flakey/ghosting behavior.

I'm wondering, am I coming off too strong too early? I remember years ago I read Mystery Method's book where he discussed the several stages of attraction including initial attraction, male to female/female to male interest, comfort building, etc. When you look at Robert Greene's Laws of seduction book, there are certain similarities.

Are those things in use today? What are some of your experiences? I'm very straight forward with my approaches. If I think a girl is hot, I go up and approach, chit chat for a few, and get that number quick. Unfortunately, I'm having a high flake rate in getting these girls out, close to 40-50%.
Sometimes women will talk to you and seem friendly, but then not want to meet up. It's not necessarily a case of you doing something wrong - they might just not be interested or otherwise unavailable.

Imagine, for example, that a gay guy comes up to you and starts a conversation. You might not want to be rude and you might not mind talking to the guy, but you're not going to want to meet up with him no matter what he says. He can build as much rapport as he wants and it will make zero difference.

_sideways_

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^....true...
Semi old ladies even...at the grocery store...

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
If she has high interest you literally ask her out in the first message and she would accept, if her interest isn't there it doesn't matter how much you text or how perfect your game is. She won't meet up with you.

Sometimes women will talk to you and seem friendly, but then not want to meet up. It's not necessarily a case of you doing something wrong - they might just not be interested or otherwise unavailable.

Imagine, for example, that a gay guy comes up to you and starts a conversation. You might not want to be rude and you might not mind talking to the guy, but you're not going to want to meet up with him no matter what he says. He can build as much rapport as he wants and it will make zero difference.
Ive had this happen before with a bumble match, she was a really great conversationalist, but as soon as i asked her out she disappeared off the face of the earth and i never heard from her again.

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Hot girls either give the number out to get rid the man or to end the conversation quick. Much easier to give a number out in the heat of moment and get rid of him than to explain why you don’t give your number out.

If they are hot they are usually getting f*cked good by their boyfriends. A new guy is good for attention, conversation, and ego, but to connect? Unless she is break up thinking mode, going to be hard.

I wouldn’t be so straightforward. You are thinking like a man. You got to (pretend) to care about her, her interests, her hobbies, her goals. What do you have in common other than she turns you on?

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be so straightforward. You are thinking like a man. You got to (pretend) to care about her, her interests, her hobbies, her goals. What do you have in common other than she turns you on?
I disgaree here, if she is interested she will recuperate. She knows exactly why you approached her.

If you met her through social circle, yes you can build that rapport but with Cold approach you need to strike while the iron is hot.

Just my two cents, that's what personally worked for me

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ive had this happen before with a bumble match, she was a really great conversationalist, but as soon as i asked her out she disappeared off the face of the earth and i never heard from her again.
This happened to me 80%-90% of the time on OLD sites. Good chit chat for a few messages, then hit her up with a date idea and plan, POOF! Gone like the wind. Strangest f*ucking thing. Get the f*uck off OLD if you don't want to date. And women wonder where "all the good guys went." I don't even really date anymore. Too much of a s*hit show.

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sup boys.

Hey Chief,

You can reduce your flake rate by about 20% if you ask her out by being specific about a date idea and being "Giannis." Read on...

Like this: So the conversation is going good for maybe 15 minutes. YOU: "Hey, I have to run but you look pretty athletic, I'm going paddle boarding on (day/time/place) why don't you join me. My lessons are free, but I do charge extra for CPR if you can't swim." Then, pull out your phone and get her number. HER: "Well, gee, I'm kinda busy on (day/time). YOU: "(laugh) You look like you need some fun and excitement in your life right now. Here's an idea, skip the boring vanilla date with Billy. What's your number?" If she still is resistant, YOU: "Ok, no worries. We'll do it another time. Number?" If she still balks, you WALK. But at least you know you took the ball to the hoop like Giannis and gave it your best shot. And NOTHING wrong taking the ball to the hoop with authority--most guys p*ussy foot around and dance all over their d*ick when asking a girl out.

Good luck.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
This happened to me 80%-90% of the time on OLD sites. Good chit chat for a few messages, then hit her up with a date idea and plan, POOF! Gone like the wind. Strangest f*ucking thing. Get the f*uck off OLD if you don't want to date. And women wonder where "all the good guys went." I don't even really date anymore. Too much of a s*hit show.
That's because she's an attention wh0re and just wants you to talk to her in the virtual world. Mainly because you weren't Chad or Tyrone. And you refused to be Bob or John (a simp orbiter or text buddy).

Some women on OLD have a man already, they just need beta attention. When you go for that meetup, she's thinking "Damn, he won't feed me any more (free) attention! I'll ghost him, he's not that attractive and I can't even use him for ATM (Attention Time Money) that Tyrone won't give me. If I don't get another simp hooked, I can't feed Tyrone the leftovers from my meal that John paid for...and if I don't, I'll get dumped for Kianna!"

This is why the one strike rule is key.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sup boys.

In my opinion, no. I was the same way, I connected, chatted for a bit but ultimately I didn't want to waste my time thru text, etc and wanted a face-to-face interaction. If she was interested she said yes and showed up, if she didn't then she wasn't interested and I rather discover that quickly. My time is too valuable to be wishy-washy and beat around the bush.

Hope this helps.

Modern Man Advice

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's because she's an attention wh0re and just wants you to talk to her in the virtual world. Mainly because you weren't Chad or Tyrone. And you refused to be Bob or John (a simp orbiter or text buddy).

Some women on OLD have a man already, they just need beta attention. When you go for that meetup, she's thinking "Damn, he won't feed me any more (free) attention! I'll ghost him, he's not that attractive and I can't even use him for ATM (Attention Time Money) that Tyrone won't give me. If I don't get another simp hooked, I can't feed Tyrone the leftovers from my meal that John paid for...and if I don't, I'll get dumped for Kianna!"

This is why the one strike rule is key.
This or they are so over-inundated with messages and choices they cannot make up their mind on who to go out with. The Paradox of Choice in action; you're never 100% satisfied with what you have--in anything--because your mind thinks there's always something better.

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They like to feel like they earned you asking her out. A generic conversation doesnt do that.

What women need to understand is unless she is a rare exceptional individual, which 99.9999 percent are just not.....then they have absolutely nothing besides their looks to go on.

That's just reality. So why sit their and manufacture some bs game where she felt like she earned something when truth is you knew from first immediate glance you knew you wanted to bang her?

OP dont change for these women. Do your thing. That's not even a bad flake rate tbh. Just keep improving yourself financially and physically. Most of them know a high value man when they see one.

There is a saying "a warrior will come to you swiftly and direct just like an arrow from a bow."

Real Gs dont waste time trying to appease these sheep. Just do your thing and move on to the next one.

manfrombelow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually, when it comes to asking a girl out, especially on a face-to-face context, there's no such thing as shooting the shot too early.

As a matter of fact, most of the times, the guys tend to wait too long to ask a girl out but it's already too late by then.

By asking a girl out, you will know immediately if she's into you enough to at least spend time with you. If she refuses, that means one thing and one thing only: She's not that into you, and that you misread her interest level in you.

Women are experts at being nice, friendly, and warm to men, even ones they are not sexually or romantically interested in. That's just how they are. So by asking them out, you'll know if their friendliness for you is just for diplomatic purposes or also mean something else.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What women need to understand is unless she is a rare exceptional individual, which 99.9999 percent are just not.....then they have absolutely nothing besides their looks to go on.

That's just reality. So why sit their and manufacture some bs game where she felt like she earned something when truth is you knew from first immediate glance you knew you wanted to bang her?

OP dont change for these women. Do your thing. That's not even a bad flake rate tbh. Just keep improving yourself financially and physically. Most of them know a high value man when they see one.

There is a saying "a warrior will come to you swiftly and direct just like an arrow from a bow."

Real Gs dont waste time trying to appease these sheep. Just do your thing and move on to the next one.
I suspect that the women LA85 is talking about have gone through a lot of casual sex, and to some extent have beginned to understand what youre talking about. And now they want the men with enough abundance to surpass the mindset you describe, so they can feel special (again).

Last edited:

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I suspect that the women LA85 is talking about have gone through a lot of casual sex, and to some extent have beginned to understand what youre talking about. And now they want the men with enough abundance to surpass the mindset you describe, so they can feel special.

Women who have gone through lots of casual sex want to feel special.....lmao. Too bad they lost the only thing of value they had a long time ago.

A man with abundance mindset will never treat one of these special.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women who have gone through lots of casual sex want to feel special.....lmao. Too bad they lost the only thing of value they had a long time ago.

A man with abundance mindset will never treat one of these special.
lol, but i wanna see if my hypothesis is right.. whenever @LARaiders85 comments again.

activeshooter

Reaction score
Actually, when it comes to asking a girl out, especially on a face-to-face context, there's no such thing as shooting the shot too early.

As a matter of fact, most of the times, the guys tend to wait too long to ask a girl out but it's already too late by then.

By asking a girl out, you will know immediately if she's into you enough to at least spend time with you. If she refuses, that means one thing and one thing only: She's not that into you, and that you misread her interest level in you.

Women are experts at being nice, friendly, and warm to men, even ones they are not sexually or romantically interested in. That's just how they are. So by asking them out, you'll know if their friendliness for you is just for diplomatic purposes or also mean something else.
wholeheartedly agree with this. timing of your shot is surely not unimportant but when a woman is sufficiently aroused/attracted by you, the timing is almost negligible.

with that being said though, I do believe that the interaction with her should be your opportunity to size her up and see if you’d even want to see her again regardless of how cute she is. if she’s not reciprocating interest conversationally and/or there are no IOIs, next.

40-50% flake rate isn’t bad either mate. young, attractive women are riding the c0ck carousel hard. they’re inundated with men’s platonic and sexual attention daily, both on and offline. so for many of them, the opportunity cost of meeting up with a guy they’re lukewarm about sometimes isn’t worth it

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
all of this is analysis paralysis, ive said many times before, its a numbers/attraction game.

ive been the smoothest operator in the business then failed, and ive been a giggly beta male mess and still banged hotties.

I now just play smooth, and shoot the shot right away. she knows within the first 5 minutes if she wants to bang.