"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

shes vanished from conversation

derby1

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 10, 2017
Messages
3,244
Reaction score
3,403
Evening

got a chic, who's shown nothing but high interest,sex was great... weve floated in and out of text convos.......all healthy and positive

she initiated first this morning with a question....i answered her question also with a question..
however it hasnt been read, shes perfectly active

im not bothered what shes doing

(what id like to know is) is we are supposed to be meeting for the 2nd time Tuesday night.....

lets say hypothetically she doesn't reply to this last text i sent, which contained a question?

shall i mirror her current possible ghosting and forget the meet?

id usually message the day before, all blaze , but have a feeling shes a validation *****?

what do ya reckon?

cheers
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,880
Reaction score
19,121
Let me guess its been like an hour and she hasn't responded? Maybe she is testing your desperation. By this thread it still is pretty high it seems.

You aren't bothered but you posted a thread about her doing it? Yeah I call BS OP. You are bothered and you are about to get desperate.
 

derby1

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 10, 2017
Messages
3,244
Reaction score
3,403
wasnt looking for advice from someone with less DJ rating than me....i know the 300 million reasons a girl doesnt reply, you clearly didnt read my predicament, that i find off putting, if and when we resume comms
 

Cloudtopsun2100

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Oct 18, 2004
Messages
340
Reaction score
42
Location
KC
I would say go according to your way of communication and dont let her impact your behavior while also remembering that you are the prize and that she should be treating you well if she wants you to spend your valuable time interacting with her in the future.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Hal9000

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 2, 2019
Messages
876
Reaction score
1,275
Act like you always do. To do otherwise undermines your assertion that you aren't bothered.
 

dude99

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 1, 2016
Messages
2,550
Reaction score
3,105
Age
53
Let me guess its been like an hour and she hasn't responded? Maybe she is testing your desperation. By this thread it still is pretty high it seems.

You aren't bothered but you posted a thread about her doing it? Yeah I call BS OP. You are bothered and you are about to get desperate.
What was your question. Sometimes not answering the question is answering the question.

I once had a chick i was dating many years ago suddenly go moody and pick fights over the stupidest things. I asked her point blank if she was losing interest in "us"

Her tap dancing and avoiding the question was answering the question so i dumped her.

Read her actions. Always read her actions.
 

stovepipe

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 12, 2017
Messages
965
Reaction score
1,084
"im not bothered what shes doing"

You are bothered by what she's doing cause you came here to post about it. You care too much, you're too needy, you're overthinking, your balls haven't dropped yet.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

derby1

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 10, 2017
Messages
3,244
Reaction score
3,403
You are bothered by what she's doing cause you came here to post about it.
the reason i said im not bothered what shes doing is because i didnt need an answer to her behaviour, ive been in the game long enough. you have read what you wanted to read and biased your answer according to that
 

stovepipe

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 12, 2017
Messages
965
Reaction score
1,084
the reason i said im not bothered what shes doing is because i didnt need an answer to her behaviour, ive been in the game long enough. you have read what you wanted to read and biased your answer according to that
Common sense. If you weren't bothered by her behavior, you wouldn't have posted ANYTHING about the situation.
 

Mazer

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 5, 2017
Messages
801
Reaction score
890
Age
48
I could care less if you bothered by her behavior or not. You asked for advice and I’m going to give it
I suggest no more text messages, let her reach out to you to confirm Tuesdays date. I would book a date with another chick for that same night and then decide which one you want to flake on. If she doesn’t reach out then you have your answer. Good Luck.
 

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 24, 2010
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
3,796
No one has a crystal ball pertaining to your experience and its outcome, but since I've had an identical experience, I'll share mine.

There was good rapport. Adate had been agreed upon and casual exchanges followed.
Suddenly, there was no reply. Although it wasn't consistent to her behavior, I didn't think much of it.
At First.
Then, with the agreed date approaching, I began to wonder.
My last text wasn't anything substantial and worth an immediate or actually necessary response.
If I reach out again, I'll either look uncertain or give off an impression of slight dependence.
If I don't show and she does, I would have made something out of nothing and screwed things up.

Know what I did?
I showed up.
She didn't.

I never reached out again. She never knew if I had blindly went through with plans or not. I was probably more mad at myself for being blindly optimistic than I was at her behavior.

Again, no one knows that outcome of your situation. I can only share mine and its outcome.
 

derby1

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 10, 2017
Messages
3,244
Reaction score
3,403
thanks for the input men, please understand ive been here long enough to know the reasons to her wishy washy comms,

the reason i asked the question is because i perhaps am a little OTT when it comes to courtesy and it puts me off someone as soon as i see solipsism...............,
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 23, 2018
Messages
1,573
Reaction score
3,272
Age
50
When I know I am just a number, I delete them. It’s not worth it to waste any time with someone who isn’t in your wavelength. The male seducers might disagree and will tell you to let it play out. But then you would be sacrificing your principles. I expect women to show enthusiasm. That is one of my requirements and I never bend for any woman. The sex is way better with a highly interested woman. They aim to please.
So if your personal tactic is to only go for highly interested girls, when would you ever be in the situation of knowing you are just a number?
 
Top