Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

She wants time off lol

GetFit66

Don Juan
Reaction score
She wants time off, I'm not sure from what, we were having some communication issues and I called her out on it too much. Perhaps I did, but if she put in some constructive effort things would have been resolved very quickly and easily. Anyway interest and all was good, she did often enough initiate, ask for more etc etc.

I want this girl around, she wants love, happiness and farts, I want my issues fixed. She isn't the really motivated constructive type, she's more of the loyal house wife kind. Somewhat easily deterred. Deals with issues head on, not much wit, she will bang her head on the wall.

Her exact words were "i don't need you anymore" granted she was pissed when she said that, I still do believe it to be true. I'm not too emotionally invested in this relationship but I want to see where things go in the future and also for about the next year I won't have many opportunities to meet people so I want her around.

GetFit66

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah my reaction was pretty similar, she said a few things, I ofc being of the lawyer/scientist mentality began addressing it. She wasn't making much sense to me. Seemed like she was just exhausted from my pointing out her mistakes, and I get that - I understand it. I didn't say anything, I said sorry I know I resemble an annoyed old ass man but that's how I am. She said a whole bunch of other stuff, something about taking time off, coming back, her becoming a better girl for me. Lol am I the only one chuckling at this point? Because she makes no sense to me. You can't fix this issue by going away and training Bruce Wayne. Yada Yada, she said lots more stuff. She said have a nice day etc etc. To all of which I replied with "you too :)". Next she's saying good morning and good night to me.

I don't feel anything devious, malicious or manipulative from her, she's a nice girl, good compared to me.

Can you guys give me tips for how to proceed? I know what the break implies and it's causes. She still has interest and I was the one to irritate her and make her say that. She is a pretty good friend and definitely keeps me from drowning in loneliness.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The answer is always the same. ALWAYS.

The harder you chase, the faster she will run. Focus on other women. If she comes back it will be on her terms. If not, then you just move on. You cannot force someone to want to be with you.

daddymonsterpoodle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Basic female psychology says she doesnt want you to fix anything. She wants you to let her vent and validate her emotions. You ignored the basic subtext of what she was saying.
It sounds like she is saying, "you make me feel like I am not good enough for you but I care about you so I will try to do better." IMHO
She wants to be appreciated and wants to feel like she is special to you and not a fvck-up.

foreverAFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
any time one of my female friends went on a "break" with their bf, they ended up ****ing multiple other guys before getting back together with their bf again, just something to keep in mind

GetFit66

Don Juan
Reaction score
Basic female psychology says she doesnt want you to fix anything. She wants you to let her vent and validate her emotions. You ignored the basic subtext of what she was saying.
It sounds like she is saying, "you make me feel like I am not good enough for you but I care about you so I will try to do better." IMHO
She wants to be appreciated and wants to feel like she is special to you and not a fvck-up.
Yes, I 100% get that, I know that's how I've made her feel. I will write her a letter or something explaining all the things she brought up but didn't give me a chance to explain during that conversation.

The answer is always the same. ALWAYS.

The harder you chase, the faster she will run. Focus on other women. If she comes back it will be on her terms. If not, then you just move on. You cannot force someone to want to be with you.
Quite limited in terms of focusing on new people due to some health and $$$ concerns. She is rather nice though, I do like her and I would like her around, she's a nice girl. Also I am too tired to chase. She complains that I don't get intimate enough with her, my reply was what about me, when will you make me happy, woo me and surprise me, just because I am a man does not mean I have flowers sprouting out of my ass for women whom I am romantically involved with. YOU plan the seeds and then you shall get the flowers. Basics of gardening.

Try a little tenderness ..
I've become a sour old man at 24. People always irritated me, now they irritate me more, and I'm much more selective about giving chances and letting **** go on. Bad etiquette really bothers me. More than it should, I am sour and it's a bit overboard.

any time one of my female friends went on a "break" with their bf, they ended up ****ing multiple other guys before getting back together with their bf again, just something to keep in mind
I am thinking of talking to her again, making sure she is happy and ok and understands and then I plan to tell her in a nice genuine way to enjoy dating other people and that I hope that she has fun.

Thank you amigos, good night

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, I 100% get that, I know that's how I've made her feel. I will write her a letter or something explaining all the things she brought up but didn't give me a chance to explain during that conversation.

Quite limited in terms of focusing on new people due to some health and $$$ concerns. She is rather nice though, I do like her and I would like her around, she's a nice girl. Also I am too tired to chase. She complains that I don't get intimate enough with her, my reply was what about me, when will you make me happy, woo me and surprise me, just because I am a man does not mean I have flowers sprouting out of my ass for women whom I am romantically involved with. YOU plan the seeds and then you shall get the flowers. Basics of gardening.

I've become a sour old man at 24. People always irritated me, now they irritate me more, and I'm much more selective about giving chances and letting **** go on. Bad etiquette really bothers me. More than it should, I am sour and it's a bit overboard.

I am thinking of talking to her again, making sure she is happy and ok and understands and then I plan to tell her in a nice genuine way to enjoy dating other people and that I hope that she has fun.

Thank you amigos, good night
You should back away from this relationship(and any other) until externals don't upset you so much.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
When a woman says she wants a break it means she has found another c0ck to ride and is already in process of doing so.

sorry

tours over boiyo

when a girl says to me "i think we should take a break" I say "ya know, i was thinking the same thing! Talk to ya later babe" CLICK

easy as that g

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Shouldn't be any $$$ concerns involved. If there are you are doing it all wrong. If you aren't able to sleep with a women for under $20-30 and then do with the direction of the relationship as you wish, you have to improve your abilities.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well in my view if a girl ask for a break or some time to think over, you break up with her, don't bother explaining anthing at all, she made her mind up and you did too, and move on, she will possible try to contact you again for any kind of sh!t and you shouldn't waste more time.

now about your personal issues, try to fix then, they be a problem or not means little in the big picture, I say this one is tainted and can't be fixed move on and try again, try to find something you like doing and its relaxing, looks more you are stressed by something and you are having problems to vent

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women don't want time off from men the love. She's ****ing someone else. Do not contact her again. Walk and never look back. When she contacts you (she will, when he messes up), you must either block her of all forms of communication, or relegate her permanently to a booty call. Demotions are permanent.

In the meantime grow a spine and work on yourself.

daddymonsterpoodle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP, you are overthinking... "you are special to me, I care about you and I miss you." You dont need to say anything else or explain anything. If she doesnt contact you then you've ****ed it up.