"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

She reached out after not talking

eternal5

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 22, 2020
Messages
17
Reaction score
10
Why the **** would she reach out if she's not interested in me? This girl I've been talking to, I asked her out multiple times and even went as far as to say I liked talking to her, and she would change topics every time. I didn't realize she was curving me until way later, so whenever she did, I'd think nothing of it and kept the conversation going. I stopped talking to her when she did it for the 4th time, as I got tired of pursuing her. And she also removed me from her private snapchat so I couldn't see her stories anymore, so I was like, ok then.

Nearly a week later, she comments on one of my snapchat stories. It was a very short interaction, and then I also find out she adds me back so I can see her stories again and it left me confused and bitter, so I made the choice to remove myself from her stories so I wouldn't see them anymore.

Question is, if she knows I'm into her and I stopped talking to her cause it wasn't mutual, why the **** would she chime in like that? It's as if she's just trying to remind me of her existence and nothing more and it pisses me off.
 

“The 22 Psychological Triggers That Make Women Chase You… Starting Tonight”

Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.

I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.

Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules.  Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.

Read more...

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 9, 2019
Messages
1,168
Reaction score
1,932
Age
35
Why the **** would she reach out if she's not interested in me? This girl I've been talking to, I asked her out multiple times and even went as far as to say I liked talking to her, and she would change topics every time. I didn't realize she was curving me until way later, so whenever she did, I'd think nothing of it and kept the conversation going. I stopped talking to her when she did it for the 4th time, as I got tired of pursuing her. And she also removed me from her private snapchat so I couldn't see her stories anymore, so I was like, ok then.

Nearly a week later, she comments on one of my snapchat stories. It was a very short interaction, and then I also find out she adds me back so I can see her stories again and it left me confused and bitter, so I made the choice to remove myself from her stories so I wouldn't see them anymore.

Question is, if she knows I'm into her and I stopped talking to her cause it wasn't mutual, why the **** would she chime in like that? It's as if she's just trying to remind me of her existence and nothing more and it pisses me off.
Why consider doubling back? Commit to moving on. Better question, why are you into someone that's not interested in you?

If I get messaged by an attention wh0re my responses are super flat, as if it's the last message of the convo. It's a soft dismissal. And that's only if I feel like responding.

Don't feel obligated to respond, write her off, and move on. If she wants you she can always make a bs excuse to be around you.
 

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 24, 2010
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
3,796
Welcome aboard

so I made the choice to remove myself from her stories so I wouldn't see them anymore.
Good move. Cheers!

It's totally normal to be frustrated and women can sure as heII be confusing.
Around a woman, it's always a good idea to put up a front. If she does any further attention getting type things... don't let her know that it got to you. Instead, play it cool as if she happened to you so long ago that it was someone else's life. If nothing more, you'll give her the confusion that she previously gave to you.

Although there are a few women on this forum, you're basically talking with men and many of us have already been down that road. We know what didn't work and (at least speaking for myself and I'm sure others) we hope to prevent others from making our past mistakes.

Question is, if she knows I'm into her and I stopped talking to her cause it wasn't mutual, why the **** would she chime in like that? It's as if she's just trying to remind me of her existence and nothing more and it pisses me off.
Women (and even some men) can be vanity creatures. Unfortunately, this type of female overture is usually only self-serving and only offers false hope. Don't give her the satisfaction ... but also know this. If she's seeking attention from you, then you are in more control of your life than you may realize. Again, don't give up the drivers seat to her.
 
Last edited:

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 17, 2020
Messages
3,423
Reaction score
2,637
Why the **** would she reach out if she's not interested in me? This girl I've been talking to, I asked her out multiple times and even went as far as to say I liked talking to her, and she would change topics every time. I didn't realize she was curving me until way later, so whenever she did, I'd think nothing of it and kept the conversation going. I stopped talking to her when she did it for the 4th time, as I got tired of pursuing her. And she also removed me from her private snapchat so I couldn't see her stories anymore, so I was like, ok then.

Nearly a week later, she comments on one of my snapchat stories. It was a very short interaction, and then I also find out she adds me back so I can see her stories again and it left me confused and bitter, so I made the choice to remove myself from her stories so I wouldn't see them anymore.

Question is, if she knows I'm into her and I stopped talking to her cause it wasn't mutual, why the **** would she chime in like that? It's as if she's just trying to remind me of her existence and nothing more and it pisses me off.
women are meant to be loved not understood

going further , if you really like her then make her work for your attention , basically make her chase you , while also moving on and sleeping with other girls .

unfortunately it never really works like you like her she likes you and married ever after :)
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

bcude

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 31, 2019
Messages
762
Reaction score
1,219
Age
44
Because women are like cats.
When you chase the cat, it goes away. When you seem disinterested, you pique its curiosity and it comes back to sit in your lap.
She likes to chase the rat, when it's juuuust out of reach. That's what exciting to the cat, that'll keep her entertained for a lifetime. Now when the rat told her it wants to be eaten, the cat smiled on the inside but didn't move a muscle. So the rat gave up and went away, this made the cat poke the rat to see what's going on. With that she's asking: "didn't you want to be eaten just a moment ago?"

With that said, you didn't do anything wrong afaik. This cat just likes to play with her food.
 

eternal5

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 22, 2020
Messages
17
Reaction score
10
Around a woman, it's always a good idea to put up a front. If she does any further attention getting type things... don't let her know that it got to you. Instead, play it cool as if she happened to you so long ago that it was someone else's life. If nothing more, you'll give her the confusion that she previously gave to you.
I shouldn't call her out for her bs then or ask her what it is she wants if she reaches out again?
 

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 17, 2020
Messages
3,423
Reaction score
2,637
I shouldn't call her out for her bs then or ask her what it is she wants if she reaches out again?
That is the worst thing that you can do :)

just ignore what she did previous and try to escalate to a date and then to sex .

if you do not want to sleep with her anymore and are over it , just ignore her
 

eternal5

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 22, 2020
Messages
17
Reaction score
10
That is the worst thing that you can do :)

just ignore what she did previous and try to escalate to a date and then to sex .

if you do not want to sleep with her anymore and are over it , just ignore her
I'd rather ignore her altogether then. I'd like to think I have a sense of pride and if I tried again, I wouldn't be able to respect myself.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 24, 2010
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
3,796
I shouldn't call her out for her bs then or ask her what it is she wants if she reaches out again?
Tempting as this is (and believe me, many of us have been there) don’t do it.
I’d you’ve ever had one of those ‘palm on forehead’ moments (after the fact) you’ll get another from this one... if you indicate to her at all that you’re invested.

I realize that on the surface, this advice might sound counter-productive, but beneath the surface, it’s not. Trust me.
 

eternal5

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 22, 2020
Messages
17
Reaction score
10
No, but I get the sense you probably will.
:down:

Tempting as this is (and believe me, many of us have been there) don’t do it.
I’d you’ve ever had one of those ‘palm on forehead’ moments (after the fact) you’ll get another from this one... if you indicate to her at all that you’re invested.

I realize that on the surface, this advice might sound counter-productive, but beneath the surface, it’s not. Trust me.
Thanks, I'll ignore and move on.
 

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 24, 2010
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
3,796
Thanks, I'll ignore and move on.
Women can have a way of getting under our skin. It’s best to keep your frustrations to this forum (despite a few of the loser chest-thumpers that are here) rather than risk exposing yourself to these women.
For a newbie here, it sounds like you are catching on fast.
 

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
I'd rather ignore her altogether then. I'd like to think I have a sense of pride and if I tried again, I wouldn't be able to respect myself.
No you wouldn't. Self respect and pride would lessen each time you approach that and any other situation designed to reject you.
 

crosscheck1331

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 25, 2020
Messages
47
Reaction score
47
Age
28
If they reach out after not talking for a while, to me it would mean one of two things: 1) She is just messing with you / likes to toy with you (Leave this girl alone, girls who do this are the worst and should be ignored) 2) It's a girl that likes you and misses you, so she's trying to reconnect.

Since you already kind of let her know you liked her and she hasn't reciprocated, it sounds more like #1. I wouldn't talk to her anymore as she doesn't value you.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Baibars

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 14, 2020
Messages
540
Reaction score
559
Age
32
Location
Germany
If they reach out after not talking for a while, to me it would mean one of two things: 1) She is just messing with you / likes to toy with you (Leave this girl alone, girls who do this are the worst and should be ignored) 2) It's a girl that likes you and misses you, so she's trying to reconnect.

Since you already kind of let her know you liked her and she hasn't reciprocated, it sounds more like #1. I wouldn't talk to her anymore as she doesn't value you.
3) she doesn't really care about you but she needs you know for whatever reason.
 

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 16, 2005
Messages
1,847
Reaction score
3,696
Location
Mile High City, USA
OP, you need to seriously develop the IDGAF attitude.

In other words, be outcome indifferent. You should have moved on by now. Have the Abundance Mentality even if you don't have a stable of w*ores right now. You're way too invested in the outcome here.

All wealthy people developed an abundance mindset, or better known as the millionaire mindset, before they achieved wealth. NO ONE ever got rich thinking like a poor person (scarcity mentality) 24x7.

Learn and grow young grasshopper.

Good luck.
 

eternal5

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 22, 2020
Messages
17
Reaction score
10
OP, you need to seriously develop the IDGAF attitude.

In other words, be outcome indifferent. You should have moved on by now. Have the Abundance Mentality even if you don't have a stable of w*ores right now. You're way too invested in the outcome here.

All wealthy people developed an abundance mindset, or better known as the millionaire mindset, before they achieved wealth. NO ONE ever got rich thinking like a poor person (scarcity mentality) 24x7.

Learn and grow young grasshopper.

Good luck.
Wait what. What did I say that makes me seem invested in the outcome?

I get what you're saying, but I've decided I'm not going to entertain her any further.
 

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 10, 2020
Messages
4,210
Reaction score
4,701
Age
46
Why the **** would she reach out if she's not interested in me? This girl I've been talking to, I asked her out multiple times and even went as far as to say I liked talking to her, and she would change topics every time.

Nearly a week later, she gave me another little crumb to see if I would bite

Question is, if she knows I'm into her and I stopped talking to her cause it wasn't mutual, why the **** would she chime in like that? It's as if she's just trying to remind me of her existence and nothing more and it pisses me off.
This is classic attention whoare behaviour. She baits you into making a move then she pulls away. Then she baits you again. See the pattern?
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Top