"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

She keeps on buying me things...

RickTheToad

Moderator
Joined
Apr 21, 2018
Messages
6,603
Reaction score
5,138
Location
Bridgeport, CT
I've had ladies buy me things before, but this one is buying me bottles of wine, cookware, fine glasses, Italian deserts, etc and I feel a bit weird. She's easily spent a few hundred dollars on me, and I've never asked nor wanted them. I appreciate it, but I do not like people buying things for me. I've told her, I appreciate it, but it's not necessary.

How does one handle this? It's just a strange feeling. Only been seeing her for a few months, so it's a bit much, a bit soon. No?
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

sazc

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 23, 2016
Messages
4,468
Reaction score
3,402
Your feeling smothered, eh?
 

sazc

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 23, 2016
Messages
4,468
Reaction score
3,402
I feel bad, no smothered. Just these gifts I appreciate, but I do not know how to react. Maybe because I am just not used to ladies buying me things.. It's hard to quantify.
She obvs likes you & is investing. Do you like her as much? Is that the issue? Your not feeling it like that?
 

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
I feel bad, no smothered. Just these gifts I appreciate, but I do not know how to react. Maybe because I am just not used to ladies buying me things.. It's hard to quantify.
Do you like her? Most were built to use males as resources so i say be grateful and show it in your ACTIONS. Having a friend who will DO for you is huge. She dont have to be your woman.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

RickTheToad

Moderator
Joined
Apr 21, 2018
Messages
6,603
Reaction score
5,138
Location
Bridgeport, CT
She obvs likes you & is investing. Do you like her as much? Is that the issue? Your not feeling it like that?
Do you like her? Most were built to use males as resources so i say be grateful and show it in your ACTIONS. Having a friend who will DO for you is huge. She dont have to be your woman.
Not on the same level. Then again, I no longer allow myself to get attached. It's just less painful when things don't workout. I am also seeing others, which she knows of.

I can hear wedding bells from afar...
Shame you @Spaz! Bite your lip; that's blasphemy.
 

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
Not on the same level. Then again, I no longer allow myself to get attached. It's just less painful when things don't workout. I am also seeing others, which she knows of.



Shame you @Spaz! Bite your lip; that's blasphemy.
Do her like a MAN that occasionally Do things for you that you appreciate. He dont have to be your best buddy.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Young OG

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 6, 2015
Messages
1,247
Reaction score
1,060
Location
USA
I've had ladies buy me things before, but this one is buying me bottles of wine, cookware, fine glasses, Italian deserts, etc and I feel a bit weird. She's easily spent a few hundred dollars on me, and I've never asked nor wanted them. I appreciate it, but I do not like people buying things for me. I've told her, I appreciate it, but it's not necessary.

How does one handle this? It's just a strange feeling. Only been seeing her for a few months, so it's a bit much, a bit soon. No?
Sounds like one of my ex girlfriends. She was Jewish and made a lot of money. She would buy me things all the time that I didn't ask for.

If you dont like it, then tell her. I had to eventually tell her to stop with the randoms gifts. I told her that if she wants to buy me something, then run it by me first. Have a talk with her, but be nice about it.
 

RickTheToad

Moderator
Joined
Apr 21, 2018
Messages
6,603
Reaction score
5,138
Location
Bridgeport, CT
Sounds like one of my ex girlfriends. She was Jewish and made a lot of money. She would buy me things all the time that I didn't ask for.

If you dont like it, then tell her. I had to eventually tell her to stop with the randoms gifts. I told her that if she wants to buy me something, then run it by me first. Have a talk with her, but be nice about it.
Already said she didn't have to get me things. I know she's doing it because she's in to me, but it's a weird thing to receive gifts here and there. I appreciate it, but I don't know how to respond w/o it coming off wrong.
 

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 4, 2012
Messages
7,175
Reaction score
5,571
Do doubt. She's good in the sack too, so that's a plus. She's also learning to cook, but we have some other things to improve on. We shall see. But @Spaz is 1000% wrong. It's rare, but it happens.
Learning to cook? Damn...that right there woukd be a deal breaker for me...doesn't say much for her Mom that she doesn't know how to cook
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

RickTheToad

Moderator
Joined
Apr 21, 2018
Messages
6,603
Reaction score
5,138
Location
Bridgeport, CT
Learning to cook? Damn...that right there woukd be a deal breaker for me...doesn't say much for her Mom that she doesn't know how to cook
Yes, but it's normal nowadays that the ladies do not know how to cook. She's getting there... Apparently, the mom does cook, so does the sister. Still putting things together.
 

Young OG

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 6, 2015
Messages
1,247
Reaction score
1,060
Location
USA
Already said she didn't have to get me things. I know she's doing it because she's in to me, but it's a weird thing to receive gifts here and there. I appreciate it, but I don't know how to respond w/o it coming off wrong.
Just tell her that it makes you feel bad accepting all these things you didnt ask for. That's what I did and it turned out fine. She could be trying to buy your love, which was what my ex was trying to do.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Top