Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

She keeps on buying me things...

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I've had ladies buy me things before, but this one is buying me bottles of wine, cookware, fine glasses, Italian deserts, etc and I feel a bit weird. She's easily spent a few hundred dollars on me, and I've never asked nor wanted them. I appreciate it, but I do not like people buying things for me. I've told her, I appreciate it, but it's not necessary.

How does one handle this? It's just a strange feeling. Only been seeing her for a few months, so it's a bit much, a bit soon. No?

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your feeling smothered, eh?

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel bad, no smothered. Just these gifts I appreciate, but I do not know how to react. Maybe because I am just not used to ladies buying me things.. It's hard to quantify.
She obvs likes you & is investing. Do you like her as much? Is that the issue? Your not feeling it like that?

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel bad, no smothered. Just these gifts I appreciate, but I do not know how to react. Maybe because I am just not used to ladies buying me things.. It's hard to quantify.
Do you like her? Most were built to use males as resources so i say be grateful and show it in your ACTIONS. Having a friend who will DO for you is huge. She dont have to be your woman.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
She obvs likes you & is investing. Do you like her as much? Is that the issue? Your not feeling it like that?
Do you like her? Most were built to use males as resources so i say be grateful and show it in your ACTIONS. Having a friend who will DO for you is huge. She dont have to be your woman.
Not on the same level. Then again, I no longer allow myself to get attached. It's just less painful when things don't workout. I am also seeing others, which she knows of.

I can hear wedding bells from afar...
Shame you @Spaz! Bite your lip; that's blasphemy.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not on the same level. Then again, I no longer allow myself to get attached. It's just less painful when things don't workout. I am also seeing others, which she knows of.

Shame you @Spaz! Bite your lip; that's blasphemy.
Do her like a MAN that occasionally Do things for you that you appreciate. He dont have to be your best buddy.

Young OG

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had ladies buy me things before, but this one is buying me bottles of wine, cookware, fine glasses, Italian deserts, etc and I feel a bit weird. She's easily spent a few hundred dollars on me, and I've never asked nor wanted them. I appreciate it, but I do not like people buying things for me. I've told her, I appreciate it, but it's not necessary.

How does one handle this? It's just a strange feeling. Only been seeing her for a few months, so it's a bit much, a bit soon. No?
Sounds like one of my ex girlfriends. She was Jewish and made a lot of money. She would buy me things all the time that I didn't ask for.

If you dont like it, then tell her. I had to eventually tell her to stop with the randoms gifts. I told her that if she wants to buy me something, then run it by me first. Have a talk with her, but be nice about it.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Sounds like one of my ex girlfriends. She was Jewish and made a lot of money. She would buy me things all the time that I didn't ask for.

If you dont like it, then tell her. I had to eventually tell her to stop with the randoms gifts. I told her that if she wants to buy me something, then run it by me first. Have a talk with her, but be nice about it.
Already said she didn't have to get me things. I know she's doing it because she's in to me, but it's a weird thing to receive gifts here and there. I appreciate it, but I don't know how to respond w/o it coming off wrong.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do doubt. She's good in the sack too, so that's a plus. She's also learning to cook, but we have some other things to improve on. We shall see. But @Spaz is 1000% wrong. It's rare, but it happens.
Learning to cook? Damn...that right there woukd be a deal breaker for me...doesn't say much for her Mom that she doesn't know how to cook

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Learning to cook? Damn...that right there woukd be a deal breaker for me...doesn't say much for her Mom that she doesn't know how to cook
Yes, but it's normal nowadays that the ladies do not know how to cook. She's getting there... Apparently, the mom does cook, so does the sister. Still putting things together.

Young OG

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Already said she didn't have to get me things. I know she's doing it because she's in to me, but it's a weird thing to receive gifts here and there. I appreciate it, but I don't know how to respond w/o it coming off wrong.
Just tell her that it makes you feel bad accepting all these things you didnt ask for. That's what I did and it turned out fine. She could be trying to buy your love, which was what my ex was trying to do.