Self Improvement Journal?

elmnick

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm thinking of starting a journal of "self improvement" and was wondering what people's opinions are. The main reason for doing it is for me to be able to assess my own progress. The main reason for posting it on SoSuave is to hopefully get some constructive feedback, but more importantly because I believe that if I let other people know than myself I may have more motivation,(though I'm doing it for myself, not to impress people on SoSuave). It's certainly not going to start out at a high level, people would probably learn from my mistakes better than from what I do :)
I was just wondering if people think this type of thing is a good idea, what I should include, and where to post it.

The Pedantical

Don Juan
Reaction score
elmnick said:
I'm thinking of starting a journal of "self improvement" and was wondering what people's opinions are. The main reason for doing it is for me to be able to assess my own progress. The main reason for posting it on SoSuave is to hopefully get some constructive feedback, but more importantly because I believe that if I let other people know than myself I may have more motivation,(though I'm doing it for myself, not to impress people on SoSuave). It's certainly not going to start out at a high level, people would probably learn from my mistakes better than from what I do :)
I was just wondering if people think this type of thing is a good idea, what I should include, and where to post it.
I'd suppose it's a good idea, just don't let anyone see it! Imagine how embarassing that would be...

elmnick

Don Juan
Reaction score
haha, yes, good point
maybe change my username to something more cryptic, as there is a chance this name could be recognised
and of course it's probably not a good idea to reveal too much

The Pedantical

Don Juan
Reaction score
elmnick said:
haha, yes, good point
maybe change my username to something more cryptic, as there is a chance this name could be recognised
and of course it's probably not a good idea to reveal too much
Couple of years ago, I had something like that in a notebook, and one of my friends found it. After a couple of days, everyone I knew was asking me about my resolutions to make eye contact with girls :nervous:

DJ naruto

Don Juan
Reaction score
The Pedantical said:
Couple of years ago, I had something like that in a notebook, and one of my friends found it. After a couple of days, everyone I knew was asking me about my resolutions to make eye contact with girls :nervous:

:crackup: ahahaaha. dude. that means the worst is behind you.

Elmnick, a self improvement journal is a great idea. props.

cheers