"Nervous Around Beautiful Women? There's a Rule for That"

I could talk to any woman I wasn't attracted to. Charming, funny, relaxed. Then a gorgeous woman looked my way and I'd become a sweating, babbling mess.

The fix took me years to find and ten minutes to learn. Nervousness and excitement are the same physical state — pounding heart, adrenaline, flushed face. Your brain just picks the label. And you can pick a better one.

Rule 16 shows you how. You feel the nerves, relabel them as excitement, and let that energy pour out as enthusiasm. Women notice the guy radiating it. They always do.

Read more...

Self-Deprication

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 13, 2001
Messages
3,010
Reaction score
5
How do you guys feel about self-deprication? I think it depends on the situation, but generally, it's a good way to show that you're relaxed and secure about yourself. It's one of the best ways to disarm someone in your presence, to put their egos at ease. For example, I have a slightly large head (in length, from top to bottom), and I've called myself a 'buckethead' - and people/girls love it! They think it's cute and funny.



So is self-deprication a useful DJ tool? Or will it forever prevent women from taking you seriously as a man? I think this is an interesting question. :)
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

MVPlaya

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 13, 2003
Messages
1,298
Reaction score
8
Originally posted by jakethasnake
So is self-deprication a useful DJ tool? Or will it forever prevent women from taking you seriously as a man? I think this is an interesting question. :)
It depends on how it flows with the rest of your persona. If people already see you as a High-Status Male, they will not question you because of a joke, be funny and at ease but still command respect.
 

DJUofS

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 10, 2004
Messages
201
Reaction score
0
Once again, it depends on the situation. If you just come out and make fun of yourself trying to be funny, but no one else was even busting on you... chances are it would be awkward. However, if people are busting your chops, the best way to disarm them is to agree with them. I do it all the time and most people don't know how to respond.
 

Jippii

Don Juan
Joined
May 25, 2004
Messages
156
Reaction score
0
Location
Finland/Canada
Originally posted by DJUofS
Once again, it depends on the situation. If you just come out and make fun of yourself trying to be funny, but no one else was even busting on you... chances are it would be awkward. However, if people are busting your chops, the best way to disarm them is to agree with them. I do it all the time and most people don't know how to respond.
I agree. And I also think it's personal... If you're not a very alpha-type person then I don't think it will impress girls (it will still put other people's egos at ease because it kind of makes you look weak IMO)
 
Top