Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Self-Deprication

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How do you guys feel about self-deprication? I think it depends on the situation, but generally, it's a good way to show that you're relaxed and secure about yourself. It's one of the best ways to disarm someone in your presence, to put their egos at ease. For example, I have a slightly large head (in length, from top to bottom), and I've called myself a 'buckethead' - and people/girls love it! They think it's cute and funny.

So is self-deprication a useful DJ tool? Or will it forever prevent women from taking you seriously as a man? I think this is an interesting question. :)

MVPlaya

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by jakethasnake
So is self-deprication a useful DJ tool? Or will it forever prevent women from taking you seriously as a man? I think this is an interesting question. :)
It depends on how it flows with the rest of your persona. If people already see you as a High-Status Male, they will not question you because of a joke, be funny and at ease but still command respect.

DJUofS

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Once again, it depends on the situation. If you just come out and make fun of yourself trying to be funny, but no one else was even busting on you... chances are it would be awkward. However, if people are busting your chops, the best way to disarm them is to agree with them. I do it all the time and most people don't know how to respond.

Jippii

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJUofS
Once again, it depends on the situation. If you just come out and make fun of yourself trying to be funny, but no one else was even busting on you... chances are it would be awkward. However, if people are busting your chops, the best way to disarm them is to agree with them. I do it all the time and most people don't know how to respond.
I agree. And I also think it's personal... If you're not a very alpha-type person then I don't think it will impress girls (it will still put other people's egos at ease because it kind of makes you look weak IMO)