Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Seems some ladies do not like my accent... WTF?

glass half full

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Next time she comments on your accent, jokingly say that's funny, I thought you sounded kinda Jersey. Let it go, prob. testing to see if you're too self conscious. That seems common with- women, wimmin, ladies, lasses, hoes, etc.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Next time she comments on your accent, jokingly say that's funny, I thought you sounded kinda Jersey. Let it go, prob. testing to see if you're too self conscious. That seems common with- women, wimmin, ladies, lasses, hoes, etc.
I didn't take it personally, I just asked her about hers and we moved on to the next topic.

Mazer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I told her that I already have something going on Friday, but free Sunday. She said she had a Superbowl party on Sunday. I just said let's shoot for next week. Let me know when you're available. I'm not holding my breath on hearing back from her, but we'll see.
Planning a date on Super Bowl Sunday was a bad idea my friend. It shows you have nothing going on. Never plan a date on days like that. I would just move on all together. Good luck.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Planning a date on Super Bowl Sunday was a bad idea my friend. It shows you have nothing going on. Never plan a date on days like that. I would just move on all together. Good luck.
Forgot it was Superbowl. Believe it or not, not everyone follows football.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As we get older, regional accents work against us more and more. I'm born and bred NY suburbs, which means a mild NY accent that has diminished over time. I think it's always a good idea to moderate one's regional accent. Having said that, my girlfriend loves my pronunciation of water (wauter).

In most cases, a strong regional accent makes one appear uneducated or "slow" to those who don't have that accent. It's just human wiring. One can increase his appeal by moderating his accent and learning to enunciate more clearly.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As we get older, regional accents work against us more and more. I'm born and bred NY suburbs, which means a mild NY accent that has diminished over time. I think it's always a good idea to moderate one's regional accent. Having said that, my girlfriend loves my pronunciation of water (wauter).

In most cases, a strong regional accent makes one appear uneducated or "slow" to those who don't have that accent. It's just human wiring. One can increase his appeal by moderating his accent and learning to enunciate more clearly.
Australian or England accent raises perceptions of intelligence.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m talking about regional accents. From within the same country. In my area the Australian accent has decreased in favor over the past few decades.

@Mike32ct you are correct in some places in the world, but within the United States we usually think in terms of accents (e.g. “southern accent”) since the language is essentially the same. Just the way the same words are pronounced is was causes the perception of an accent. I’m pretty sure that dialects involve using actual different words as if speaking another language. I could be wrong but that has always been my perception of the concept of dialects.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Anyways, I followed up a day after, she responded about an hour later and asked me a question, then before I could respond she said she wasn't feeling well and was going to sleep. I told her to feel better and if she's better by the end of the week we should meet up for the drink. She texted back, thanks and I will keep in touch.

Gotta love it.