Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Seems some ladies do not like my accent... WTF?

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I spoke to a lady on the phone the other day and she didn't seem to like my Italian accent. I have a kinda strong Italian accent, and she said I sounded like a guy from the city? She's from the Bronx and didn't have an accent, I'm originally from Queens. This is not the first time I've heard this. We were talking for about 20 minutes and she was going on about her life and then I said I'd love to learn more. How about we get a drink and discuss in person? I already asked once via online message, and she wanted to speak on the phone first. She said she had to check her schedule and would let me know. That was two days ago. A bit surprised as she was the one who reached out to me through online message and also texted me first after we exchanged numbers. Should I reach out a third time or just let it be? I am thinking just let it be as I already asked initially via online message, and then on the phone call.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You literally made a thread asking for help on your thick Italian accent...this will help. You're using language from 100 years ago.
You literally make threads asking for help on your medically diagnosed women ... this will help. You’re using medical language to label women and you’re not a doctor.

Mazer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The men around here use ladies all the time, same as in Queens. Perhaps, it's an Italian thing.

I call them “broads”. I’m dating a broad right now that has a thick Polish accent, half of the time I have no idea what she is saying but who cares she’s hot. Women are picky as hell and are always looking for a way to disqualify you. Sounds likes she did you a favor, who wants to hang with a broad that insults you even before you met.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I spoke to a lady on the phone the other day and she didn't seem to like my Italian accent. I have a kinda strong Italian accent, and she said I sounded like a guy from the city? She's from the Bronx and didn't have an accent, I'm originally from Queens. This is not the first time I've heard this. We were talking for about 20 minutes and she was going on about her life and then I said I'd love to learn more. How about we get a drink and discuss in person? I already asked once via online message, and she wanted to speak on the phone first. She said she had to check her schedule and would let me know. That was two days ago. A bit surprised as she was the one who reached out to me through online message and also texted me first after we exchanged numbers. Should I reach out a third time or just let it be? I am thinking just let it be as I already asked initially via online message, and then on the phone call.
I don't get it - did she tell you she didn't like your accent? If not, how did she "seem" not to - just her tone that changed?

I assume it is not an Italian accent but a NY/Queens accent.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I don't get it - did she tell you she didn't like your accent? If not, how did she "seem" not to - just her tone that changed?

I assume it is not an Italian accent but a NY/Queens accent.
I said it's a Queens accent, but she said it was an strong Italian accent. She grew up on Arthur avenue, so she should be used to it. We talked on Sunday at her request. I asked to see her sometime this week and what's her week look like. She said she couldn't do Tuesday or Thursday, but will check her schedule and get back to me tomorrow; which would had been Monday.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I guess I may be wrong. She just texted and said she's been extremely busy and wants to meetup on Friday. However, I already have plans for Friday. Should I suggest Saturday or Sunday? What's the best way to tackle this w/o blowing it up in my face?

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess I may be wrong. She just texted and said she's been extremely busy and wants to meetup on Friday. However, I already have plans for Friday. Should I suggest Saturday or Sunday? What's the best way to tackle this w/o blowing it up in my face?
Depends on how "breakable" your plans are, i.e. your priorities, but I think it's better for frame's sake to keep them and counter with, eh, Sunday. Tell her you're gonna take her out for some fresh muzzadell and maybe a little manicot.

AlphaSoldier

Don Juan
Reaction score
Unless you sound like Vito Corleone, you'll be fine. The Jersey shore guys don't seem to be in a shortage of pvssy.

Chi Town

Banned
Reaction score
If you already have plans then she's out of luck, just reschedule

RickTheToad

Reaction score
If you already have plans then she's out of luck, just reschedule
Depends on how "breakable" your plans are, i.e. your priorities, but I think it's better for frame's sake to keep them and counter with, eh, Sunday. Tell her you're gonna take her out for some fresh muzzadell and maybe a little manicot.
I told her that I already have something going on Friday, but free Sunday. She said she had a Superbowl party on Sunday. I just said let's shoot for next week. Let me know when you're available. I'm not holding my breath on hearing back from her, but we'll see.

Chi Town

Banned
Reaction score
I told her that I already have something going on Friday, but free Sunday. She said she had a Superbowl party on Sunday. I just said let's shoot for next week. Let me know when you're available. I'm not holding my breath on hearing back from her, but we'll see.
That's fine, just reach out in a few days.....