Seem to have sparked attraction with the Man Eater

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cordoncordon said:
You keep talking about these women that I don't even think you really even like.
Yep. Too many mundane interactions with women you don't even want.

Do you guys remember this massive thread? If you enjoy dissecting interactions with women, nobody does it more than that guy. And you can see the same effect. After about 8 pages, you want to chyme in to say "So . . . what was the point in analyzing small talk in pubs with all these women? Is there a punch line or something?"

Well, if you count lunch with the 22 yr old it was last Friday.
That statement alone is more interesting than the entire starting post for the thread. Something ACTUALLY HAPPENED that wasn't a flirty conversation in a bar.

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
STR8UP said:
It's not about validation or approval.
But it's getting old to post something, and if I'm not posting about how I banged some chick it's like "here we go again!". And it's getting worse every time. If it's 50/50 people wanting to join in on the discussion vs. blasting me...ok. But lately it's 75% blasting me, and if I can't have a discussion about it then why bother posting? It getting to that point.
it's because you are a DRAMA QUEEN.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You should start a blog Str8up for those of us that enjoy your stories and to get the input that you are seeking from us and not the other posters that are trying to psychoanalyze you which you most certainly didn't ask them to do.

In other words bro stay a part of the community.

Don't let a few bad apples and misguided DJ's run you off like they ran off backbreaker and probably others.

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KontrollerX said:
You should start a blog Str8up for those of us that enjoy your stories and to get the input that you are seeking from us and not the other posters that are trying to psychoanalyze you which you most certainly didn't ask them to do.

In other words bro stay a part of the community.

Don't let a few bad apples and misguided DJ's run you off like they ran off backbreaker and probably others.
Oh man lighten up. Such drama queens on here I swear some of you are worse than women.

Str8up has posted repeatedly about basically the same thing for a year now. Different girl, same story. So he is obviously asking for our opinion on things. Once or twice when he has the same thing happen to him fine, but over and over? There is something going on with him that you can count on. If he doesn't want our opinions, and when it comes down to it we are just trying to help, than he doesn't have to post. But no one is asking him not to. We just want to see some growth from him regarding all of these women issues that he seems to be having lately. And at least for the time being he seems to be regressing. Doesn't mean he should take his ball and go home.

Besides what good would a blog do when he is pretty much doing everything in his power NOT to finish the deal with these various chickies? If he was rolling in girls and scoring left and right and WAS HAPPY, blog away. Right now he needs our love, even if it is the tough kind.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cordoncordon,

Let's not try to rip others as much, because we all were AFC at one time or another. Lest I remind you of this pathetic double post that reeked of desperation and AFC-ism at its finest: cordon before his head inflated and the double post where he is referred to as desperate here.

It happens to all of us.

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
STR8UP isn't AFC. He's a DJ, he has all the knowledge & skills, I'd say even more than me, however for some reason, he's choosing not to close.

I'd even go as far to say that STR8UP is probably the most skilled guy I know on the site. However I do know there are a few guys who are equally as good but actively close on a regular basis but I couldn't name them right now.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MacAvoy said:
STR8UP isn't AFC. He's a DJ, he has all the knowledge & skills, I'd say even more than me, however for some reason, he's choosing not to close.

I'd even go as far to say that STR8UP is probably the most skilled guy I know on the site. However I do know there are a few guys who are equally as good but actively close on a regular basis but I couldn't name them right now.
I agree. I was talking about cordoncordon talking down to him, like he WAS some sort of AFC.

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like str8up. Just think he's kinda lost right now. Like a cute little bunny wandering aimlessly in the dark cold woods.

Hold him.

Señor Fingers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
STR8UP said:
I was put off by her personality in the past, but I realized I just need to let it go, and as soon as I did that it became an amusement of sorts. Now that her attitude doesn't bother me, it's fun to bust her balls. Now that I started busting her balls it seems that it has sparked some interest. And she is pretty hot. Let the games begin....
This is actually a sign of progress on your part and I'm proud of you bro. You are finally learning to see past your own negative perceptions and just ENJOY YOURSELF.

Despite what others say, I could not care less if you get laid or not.. that's not really the ultimate objective for a mature man in his 30's. I just want to see more of this type of evolution where you are learning from your mistakes and growing emotionally.

As far as this chick goes, keep doing what you are doing.. treat it as a fun experiment with no expectations. (That's the best way to approach any woman honestly). If you find out that she really is as rotten as you first suspected, well then you are smart enough to know what to do. You may also be pleasantly surprised by her too.

Either way, don't get too focused on this one. You obviously got no problems being social and generating attraction, so use that to your advantage and game a few hotties to keep things in perspective.

Sidenote: I know you been catching some heat lately here, but I hope you understand that we kick your ass cause we care.. you've grown on us like a fungus and despite how you perceive our criticism, don't doubt for a second that we are all rooting for ya! :cheer:

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cordoncordon said:
Str8up has posted repeatedly about basically the same thing for a year now. Different girl, same story. So he is obviously asking for our opinion on things. Once or twice when he has the same thing happen to him fine, but over and over? There is something going on with him that you can count on. If he doesn't want our opinions, and when it comes down to it we are just trying to help, than he doesn't have to post.
Or maybe you don't have to reply at all if you don't like it?

Sometimes some of the best help we can give someone is silence and no contact when we are thinking they are going the wrong way and we have exhausted the same methods over and over again with no success at changing them.

Its been said that doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity. Now it may be fair enough to say Str8up may be doing this but it'd also be fair to say you are doing this as well cordon with your "help".

To go into analogy mode here for a bit...

You don't change an alcoholic into a non alcoholic by dumping his beer down the drain as he'll just go get more beer behind your back. It has to be up to the alcoholic to change if he believes he needs a change because no matter how much of his alcohol you get rid of he's not going to stop craving it and sneaking it and getting it all behind your back.

Same with Str8up if you really feel he has a problem that you personally believe you and others have tried to help him on repeatedly with no success.

You call many of us that defend Str8up and Str8up himself "drama queens" cordon but a wise poster on this site once said that a drama queen cannot exist if people don't willingly give the drama queen their attention which you are more than happy to give almost every thread that Str8up makes under the guise that you are "helping him".

I don't think you are helping him so much Cordon as feeding your own need for drama but if I am wrong you will cease replying to Str8up threads of this nature because after all you wouldn't want to be repeating yourself expecting a different result and thus being insane by definition now would you?

I think not.

Your answer to helping Str8up is not helping him if you truly believe there is a problem with him.

You have already posted what you think of his current situation in many threads all to no avail with Str8up not appreciating your psychoanalysis derailment of his threads but the point is he does know what you've been saying and he rejects it outright so I think for your own sake cordon its time you let go.

As for me I've always felt Str8up was a mature man that knows what he's doing in life and likes to talk about certain aspects of interactions with women and if he ever feels getting laid is a problem for him and he needs our advice and council about that and other things he will ask but giving him advice he does not ask for and outright rejects more than once well thats not only impolite and rude.

It is a waste of your time.

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KontrollerX said:
........................giving him advice he does not ask for and outright rejects more than once well thats not only impolite and rude.

That statement doesn't really apply seeing as this is an internet message board, and STR8UP is posting for the world (literally) to see, and to comment.

I mean. Be real.

edit: I don't think anyone has a problem with STR8UP's "FR"'s, (if you can call them that). It is his delusions, which are most likely self inflicted. And he is obviously sexually frustrated, which is apparent in his previous thread. He is romantically frustrated. He is frustrated period! If you look at his posts from last month, then the ones from this week, you will see that more and more forum members are finally throwing in the towel, and saying, "YO. WTF, STR8UP."

It isn't just Cordie.

And whoever brought up Cordoncordon's ONE post from over a year ago, and tried to compare it to STR8UP's 5 posts a week, that was really not a good comparison, !!! Lol.

If anything it proves his point.

What is really going on.

Me personally, I see no reason to comment anymore on this weeks installations of the STR8UP story (not that there are any new developments). There are enough posters that have come out to say "WTF" for me.

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
KontrollerX said:
Or maybe you don't have to reply at all if you don't like it?

Sometimes some of the best help we can give someone is silence and no contact when we are thinking they are going the wrong way and we have exhausted the same methods over and over again with no success at changing them.

Its been said that doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity. Now it may be fair enough to say Str8up may be doing this but it'd also be fair to say you are doing this as well cordon with your "help".

To go into analogy mode here for a bit...

You don't change an alcoholic into a non alcoholic by dumping his beer down the drain as he'll just go get more beer behind your back. It has to be up to the alcoholic to change if he believes he needs a change because no matter how much of his alcohol you get rid of he's not going to stop craving it and sneaking it and getting it all behind your back.

Same with Str8up if you really feel he has a problem that you personally believe you and others have tried to help him on repeatedly with no success.

You call many of us that defend Str8up and Str8up himself "drama queens" cordon but a wise poster on this site once said that a drama queen cannot exist if people don't willingly give the drama queen their attention which you are more than happy to give almost every thread that Str8up makes under the guise that you are "helping him".

I don't think you are helping him so much Cordon as feeding your own need for drama but if I am wrong you will cease replying to Str8up threads of this nature because after all you wouldn't want to be repeating yourself expecting a different result and thus being insane by definition now would you?

I think not.

Your answer to helping Str8up is not helping him if you truly believe there is a problem with him.

You have already posted what you think of his current situation in many threads all to no avail with Str8up not appreciating your psychoanalysis derailment of his threads but the point is he does know what you've been saying and he rejects it outright so I think for your own sake cordon its time you let go.

As for me I've always felt Str8up was a mature man that knows what he's doing in life and likes to talk about certain aspects of interactions with women and if he ever feels getting laid is a problem for him and he needs our advice and council about that and other things he will ask but giving him advice he does not ask for and outright rejects more than once well thats not only impolite and rude.

It is a waste of your time.
This is some great advice. Funny thing is, I said those exact (bold) same things to iqqi in a PM about STR8UP a month ago because of her constant flame baiting of STR8UP when she said that he keeps doing the same thing over and over again. However she just ignored me.

Now that I jumped on the slap STR8UP in the face band wagon, I'm going to take your advice and jump off. Its his life and he's entitled to live it the way he wants. I said my peace, where it goes from here is up to him.

Last year when I was with my oneitis, I heard what everyone was telling me, I knew the right thing to do, I just couldn't completely walk away until I was ready. We've given STR8UP the knowledge, the rest is up to him Beating a dead horse will not advance our cause, only he can do that.

Peace.

DavenJuan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hate to contribute to this, but i find it ashame that str8ups threads turn into this SAME DISCUSSION every single time.

no matter how many different topics started or discussions that could be created, 3 or 4 pages in the same posters turn these threads into havoc.

i will make one comment and hopefully some of you will take something from it:

out of all the created threads on this forum at any given time, i browse through the ones that i find myself personally invested in or ones i can learn from. i CHOOSE ONLY to acknowledge certain threads.

there are threads that we all view and never respond to. WHY IS STR8'S THREADS ANY DIFFERENT???

it is such a waste to watch the same persons thread consistantly DIE (no matter what topic) on the same principles everytime.

Even posters i have great respect for (no names please) seem to contribute to this and i dont get it. I see NOTHING wrong with these evaluations and stories that he presents.

NO ONE SHOULD HAVE TO SECOND GUESS HITTING THAT "SEND" BUTTON AFTER SPILLING THEIR THOUGHTS ON THIS FORUM.

and quite frankly, alot of great posters are making this more difficult than it should be.

just like you wouldnt waste your time replying or even reading the "oneitis, how to, kissed a girl" threads, why treat this any different if you feel its a waste of time?

let others disect the topic at hand, and not the poster him/herself....please

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DavenJuan said:
I hate to contribute to this, but i find it ashame that str8ups threads turn into this SAME DISCUSSION every single time.
Ha. See here. Funny thing is, STR8UP's threads turn into the same discussion every time cuz... (drum roll)... he starts the same threads every time! What is NEW. Nothing.

DavenJuan said:
NO ONE SHOULD HAVE TO SECOND GUESS HITTING THAT "SEND" BUTTON AFTER SPILLING THEIR THOUGHTS ON THIS FORUM.
Exactly-a-mentality. Or did you really only mean STR8UP?

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Phyzzle said:
After about 8 pages, you want to chyme in to say "So . . . what was the point in analyzing small talk in pubs with all these women? Is there a punch line or something?"
cordoncordon said:
Str8up has posted repeatedly about basically the same thing for a year now. Different girl, same story.
iqqi said:
Ha. See here. Funny thing is, STR8UP's threads turn into the same discussion every time cuz... (drum roll)... he starts the same threads every time! What is NEW. Nothing.
It's probably a waste of my time to point this out, but lets just look at the the basic facts of last two threads that I posted to see if they are "the same as everything else I have posted over the past year".

Post #1-

-22yo gives me the "were not having sex" line.
-I call her out on the fact that she is trying to gain some kind of control, but I second guess myself as to whether or not I handled it the right way. I came asking for opinions and I took both sides into consideration and learned a lot.

Post #2-

-Went out for drinks with a friend and a chick who I alternate between wanting to slap and wanting to rip her clothes off and bend over the nearest piece of furniture.
-Chick shows yet ANOTHER side of her personality, making her that much more intriguing.
-Finally have an "epiphany" where I see that I might be able to look past her socially awkward nature, and actually might want to try to have fun with it.

What about EITHER of these posts is the "same as I have been posting for a year now"?

I've never called out a woman to her face on something like this when my gut was screaming that I should.

With the other chick I've never met anyone quite like her, and to be honest it's a turn-on to know that she's pretty much a b!tch, but at the same time I am feeling some sort of mutual attraction.

If someone could PLEASE point out where I have posted these same situations in the past, I will be happy to tuck my tail between my legs and refrain from posting any more of the same.
-

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
STR8UP said:
Well, if you count lunch with the 22 yr old it was last Friday. I do get out on "dates" from time to time, although it isn't my preferred method for getting with women.
Your preferred method is the "girls night out".

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
STR8UP said:
If someone could PLEASE point out where I have posted these same situations in the past, I will be happy to tuck my tail between my legs and refrain from posting any more of the same.

In the sense that you think a woman is attracted to or flirting with you, which remains to be seen. Some of these woman you end up in a potential sexual situation with, at least a potential situation that you perceive to be sexual.

Most of the time you lament and b1tch about them obsessively until you work yourself up into a frenzy state.

You don't get laid.

I think that covers it. :)

Don't hate me buddy! Just trying to tell you like it is.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
Well Str8up, I think you should keep posting like you've been if you want to. I guess it comes down to whether you want to be subjected to the peanut gallery led by iqqi that always has the same responses no matter what you post. With few exceptions, and no offense, but it's always iqqi and the few on here that like her that always raze you, so you have to question their brand of advice on its face. It's like you pointed out, your posts can change but theirs doesn't.

ThunderMaverick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
STR8UP said:
-

I'm sure Iqqi is going to jump right on that. She's sosuave's only living bookmark.

ThunderMaverick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ketostix said:
Well Str8up, I think you should keep posting like you've been if you want to. I guess it comes down to whether you want to be subjected to the peanut gallery led by iqqi that always has the same responses no matter what you post. With few exceptions, and no offense, but it's always iqqi and the few on here that like her that always raze you, so you have to question their brand of advice on its face. It's like you pointed out, your posts can change but theirs doesn't.

*clap clap* Beautiful.

Your post actually suggest that a lot of people enjoy getting a rise out of STR8 instead of wanting to help him.

Based on what I've personally seen with the content of his post (he's incredibly intelligent and very mature and observant) and the responses to them, I cannot agree with you.

I mean there may be a little teasing going around, but to say that we're not on his side? No I don't agree. Most of us, based on our own experiences and observations challenge him. What he takes from our personal input is on him. If he really doesn't like what we have to say or feels like he's not getting the help he needs, then he should seriously rethink his participation here.