Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Seeking advice on pre-date text exchange

FinallyAlpha

Don Juan
Reaction score
I arranged an outdoor date for tomorrow with the girl I approached (on Sunday) in the gym:
  • me at 12:24: "It looks like the weather is going to be bad tomorrow. Let's go out tomorrow night instead. I hope you can sing."
  • her at 12:39: "Rainy days. Yes, let's go for dinner."
My idea was to take her to a karaoke bar. I understand that I didn't make that explicit in my message. She has now suggested dinner.

I have no problem buying this girl dinner. But this is a turn off for me as it is an example of a phenomenon in today's dating world of women seeking to be fed, much like a pet animal. Am I misguided? This is something not worth getting hung up on?

Again, I am happy to sit and eat with this girl tomorrow night, and pick up the cheque.

Advice please:
  1. Next move? Pick a restaurant and tell her to meet me there at x o'clock?
  2. Towards the end of dinner, suggest back to my place? Or is going to a bar before my place mandatory? I prefer to strike in the restaurant as it is a week night and she will have work the next day.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Too much paranoia and over analyzing. Do whatever you feel the most comfortable and confident because the setting does not mean jack shvt. If the date fails it was because your game was off or she wasn't interested, not because you broke some stupid dumb fvck rule of going to the restaurant on the first date. If she likes you then the date will progress, or you will get a second date.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You don't have a problem with feeding her but you do. Stick to your guns. You are waffling already. If You don't want to buy this chic dinner, then don't. Tell her I will see you at xyz karaoke. We will sing and drink until we sound good if need be.

SmoothSmooth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No response is the best response most times. Girls often go for and respect the guy that is barely complying/responding.
In this case; I wouldn’t reply and I’d hit her up a week later asking if she’s around for a drink.
You want her to ‘feel’ you have other options that are treating you better than her. Competition anxiety = attraction for women, nothing else. You don’t need to ‘say’ or verbalise it. If you ever need to verbalise it, you’re with the wrong girl

SmoothSmooth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The best and only response to a **** or value test or non compliance is to withdraw
It’s not to explain or rationalise
It’s not to debate
It’s not to out wit her
It’s to withdraw attention or affection.
Sometimes I will just delete the number and they can see my WhatsApp picture go blank; and the anxiety sets it for them and they message me later with a more compliant frame
Your vibe needs to be that you only get the best of the best, so anything below that just makes you loose interest
Your baseline effort/energy when dealing with chicks should be like 20% (aloof, calm and barely care if something happens or not). When they are being compliant and submissive; it should go up to 25%. When they are being **** testy or treating you like ‘an option’ it should plummet to 5%.
the PUA’s are all wrong. You communicate your worth and value by your low effort/energy (‘seen it all before’ demeanour) and negotiating it, not by your routines lines ‘games’ or how clever your convo is.

the highest value guy in a venue isnt the guy that’s going out ‘dhv’ing and talking to loads of people and lots of fun. PUA’s all wrong and just a bunch of nerds trying to learn to be social. Highest value guy in a venue is the one that looks most comfortable, is enjoying his own company and is barely interested in what’s going/lowkey bored. He might be talking to his one guy friend but relaxed alpha body language (not creepy guy in the corner), same time yawning and barely noticing other women around him. Women pick up on that. Think the vibe of the nightclub owner vs the horny freshmen students

ATTRACTION IS ABOUT WHAT YOU DONT DO. Not what you do-do.
She acts weird? You don’t chase. You don’t change your behaviour.
She acts interested, you don’t get super excited or try hard.
hot girls are around? You don’t try to unnaturally open.
etc

Last edited:

FinallyAlpha

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, I see. I find her cute, I want to smash, but I have this 'principle' in my head that I picked up off the internet about buying them dinner on the first date. Hmm.

All_Kindz_Of_Gainz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dinner is for chumps and more on the first date.

Send her this:

- "Nah fvck dinner, I'm gonna see how good your throat is" then send her the address of the karaoke bar and tell her to meet you there at X time.

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"I was thinking some good drinks and bad singing at [insert karaoke bar]"

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The best and only response to a **** or value test or non compliance is to withdraw
It’s not to explain or rationalise
It’s not to debate
It’s not to out wit her
It’s to withdraw attention or affection.
Sometimes I will just delete the number and they can see my WhatsApp picture go blank; and the anxiety sets it for them and they message me later with a more compliant frame
Your vibe needs to be that you only get the best of the best, so anything below that just makes you loose interest
Your baseline effort/energy when dealing with chicks should be like 20% (aloof, calm and barely care if something happens or not). When they are being compliant and submissive; it should go up to 25%. When they are being **** testy or treating you like ‘an option’ it should plummet to 5%.
the PUA’s are all wrong. You communicate your worth and value by your low effort/energy (‘seen it all before’ demeanour) and negotiating it, not by your routines lines ‘games’ or how clever your convo is.

the highest value guy in a venue isnt the guy that’s going out ‘dhv’ing and talking to loads of people and lots of fun. PUA’s all wrong and just a bunch of nerds trying to learn to be social. Highest value guy in a venue is the one that looks most comfortable, is enjoying his own company and is barely interested in what’s going/lowkey bored. He might be talking to his one guy friend but relaxed alpha body language (not creepy guy in the corner), same time yawning and barely noticing other women around him. Women pick up on that. Think the vibe of the nightclub owner vs the horny freshmen students

ATTRACTION IS ABOUT WHAT YOU DONT DO. Not what you do-do.
She acts weird? You don’t chase. You don’t change your behaviour.
She acts interested, you don’t get super excited or try hard.
hot girls are around? You don’t try to unnaturally open.
etc
Good post but you need to be very careful about the part in red this isn't a behaviour or demeanour that can be easily faked and its VERY easy to tell when someone is trying to act " too cool for school "

I have a mate who uses this strategy relentlessly , just sitting in background not approaching anyone and barely uttering a word to anyone

He thinks its bulletproof but the amount of times I have been with girls and one of them has gone " what's wrong with your friend can he talk "

It almost always shatters his frame and he's left a jabbering mess having to qualify himself or risk being ignorant

it will occasionally work but very very rarely

I tend to side with a push / pull technique ....give her a bit then take it away act interested then disinterested

This is like catnip for women

FinallyAlpha

Don Juan
Reaction score
"I will be saving my appetite for devouring you until the sun comes up. Tomorrow is karaoke night. Let's meet at [X] at [Y] o'clock."

And let the chips fall where they may...

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Gentlemen, seriously?

I know everyone is flexing because, you know, you all have so much abundance snatch is just falling out of your pockets as you walk down the street...:rolleyes:

But what you're telling this kid to do will most likely cause him to fall flat on his face.

You guys create your own realities: you think all women are trash because most women who respond to your suggested tactics ARE FUBAR. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tell her you can't sing on a full stomach and you meant Karaoke, call her a silly goose or something to keep the mood light. If she insists on dinner, find a place near your pad.

But it seems you could stand to build more rapport before the meet.

FinallyAlpha

Don Juan
Reaction score
This made me laugh. I'm 33. Tried to display on profile here but it wouldn't update.

"I will be saving my appetite for devouring you until the sun comes up.
I haven't sent it yet. Wanted to see what you all thought first. I kind of like it ngl.

Normal is good, yeah... but... meh

Now I'm leaning towards dinner again....

All_Kindz_Of_Gainz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You have this woman on a pedestal, no matter where you take her, nothing will happen. Its done, you already lost. Live and learn.

RickPound

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
She gave you a positive response by her complying to an evening meetup. Albeit she said the word dinner, she didn’t say you had to buy. Either way, pick a cheap spot near the karaoke bar to grab some food, or just tell her to eat before and meet straight at the bar.

No need to obsess over these little details. She’s down to meet. Be normal and see it through.

When it gets to that time of night, say “let’s get outta here and go have a nightcap at my place”

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Now I'm leaning towards dinner again....
Keep first dates simple and easy, they are supposed to be for vetting not impressing! You don't know this girl, so why are you trying to jestermax and pedestalmax her. I have gotten plenty of pvssy off of dinner dates, any guy that says otherwise is full of shvt or selling snake oil. If dinner goes well, do what @RickPound suggested and go to the karaoke bar afterwards.

FinallyAlpha

Don Juan
Reaction score
nothing will happen. Its done, you already lost
I can see how I am pedestalising her with this thread. I.e. If I DGAF then the thread wouldn't exist.

My rationale for the thread is to hone game and interrogate an interesting tenet of game: frame; and her pushing for dinner on the first date. I also enjoy these discussions. I usually find them constructive.

However, to say that nothing will happen (i.e. the probability of us every smashing being zero) is manifestly bizarre and sloppy.

mikedee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can see how I am pedestalising her with this thread. I.e. If I DGAF then the thread wouldn't exist.

My rationale for the thread is to hone game and interrogate an interesting tenet of game: frame; and her pushing for dinner on the first date. I also enjoy these discussions. I usually find them constructive.

However, to say that nothing will happen (i.e. the probability of us every smashing being zero) is manifestly bizarre and sloppy.
Just go man, you'll figure out everything. Just don't buy her expensive dinner.