Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Same Apartment Building

DarwinTaurus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello fellow DJ's,

I matched a few days ago with a woman on Bumble, and through her photo's, I realized that she lived very close to me, and after talking, we worked out we live in the same apartment building (turns out we even have the same landlord, as he owns three apartments in the building). I plan on meeting in the next day or so, for a 'pool date'.

What do you guys see in regards to the pro's / con's of this? Pro would obviously would be getting some fun from a floor above. Con's? If it didn't work out, could become awkward if we bumped into each other?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's an expression to not shiit in your own backyard. Dating a woman in your own apartment complex is shiiting in your own backyard, especially when she lives on the same floor as you and down the hall. That's too close. When things go bad, and they often will, you'll still have to see this woman. That's uncomfortable.

In larger apartment communities (I would call that 200+ units), you might be able to justify dating someone in the complex under one of 2 scenarios.
  • If you are in a mid-rise or high rise building (4+ stories), the woman lives on a different floor as you do, and you're not likely to ever go to that floor. It's still possible you might run into her in common areas, but some men are comfortable with that risk level, especially if you're only seeing her 1-2 times a month at best.
  • If you are in a complex of garden style buildings (multiple 1-3 story buildings), the woman lives a few buildings away and you're not likely to see her walking to/from your car. Like the last scenario, it's still possible to see her in common areas but the risk is mitigated if her building is not close to yours.
Some men would prefer not to date within their own community even if they live in a 200+ unit community and one of the two scenarios above applies to them.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pro would obviously would be getting some fun from a floor above. Con's? If it didn't work out, could become awkward if we bumped into each other?
You know your match better than us, but Bumble women are generally more awkward than fun.

DarwinTaurus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There's an expression to not shiit in your own backyard. Dating a woman in your own apartment complex is shiiting in your own backyard, especially when she lives on the same floor as you and down the hall. That's too close. When things go bad, and they often will, you'll still have to see this woman. That's uncomfortable.
Not the same floor as me, but the one above me. Thanks for your feedback.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bumble women are generally more awkward than fun.
I agree with this. If a woman is on Bumble, it means she hasn't been able to put together a romantic relationship through real life methods. It probably means her day-to-day routine is not conducive to meeting men. These are indicators of more awkward than fun.

Not the same floor as me, but the one above me. Thanks for your feedback.
One floor separation in a mid or high rise building is too close for comfort.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Go for it. Worst case scenario, you rent a different place.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
do it for the reference experience
report back
full field report
with photos

DarwinTaurus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
We were chatting online last night, we were going to meet in person today. She said "Yes, let's do it". Today, she flaked. She said she's a bit nervous. I'll keep trying for the next week or so with this one, see how it goes.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just say no.
The "funny " thing is that every time when we say "walk away, reject ,say no" or something along those lines, eventually it was ALWAYS the best option...

Just step back and take the damn L. If it already starts like this...I can tell ya it will be a tough one to crack down the road. For ONCE I'd say: just visit a damn hooker..

DarwinTaurus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So we finally met. No good.

We arranged to have a swim in the pool in our Apartment Complex.

I tried to get close to her, didn't make a move... but she messaged later that I was trying to get to physical... even though we didn't touch.

She also said she felt no spark, even though our messages were pretty good, even flirty at one stage. When we originally planned to have the swim, I asked her something like what she would do when we met, and she said she would sit on my lap... I hate it when Women go hot and cold. Female fickle nature I suppose.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So we finally met. No good.

We arranged to have a swim in the pool in our Apartment Complex.

I tried to get close to her, didn't make a move... but she messaged later that I was trying to get to physical... even though we didn't touch.

She also said she felt no spark, even though our messages were pretty good, even flirty at one stage. When we originally planned to have the swim, I asked her something like what she would do when we met, and she said she would sit on my lap... I hate it when Women go hot and cold. Female fickle nature I suppose.
This is why you go for the younger pus$y when it throws itself at you lmao. Bumble broads be like this despite what certain 5-date-Kate loving board members might say.

Got to escalate and expose these women when they try to "flirt" (i.e., lamely try to thirst trap when they're not working with much to being with). If she mentions sitting on your lap, you at least insinuate about your c0ck. Never let these older women attempt to lead you on because they will.

"I want to sit on your lap" does not compute with "I'm feeling a little bit nervous". Make her choose one stance or the other, try not to let her have both. They want us to be congruent, let's return the favor. Don't allow her to freely talk about sitting on your lap without disrobing her intentions. Suck or get off the pot, ffs.

Last edited:

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Why did you paint the walls?
Why did you clean the floor?
Why did you plaster over
The hole I punched in the door?
This is where we used to live...

Why did you keep the mousetrap?
Why did you keep the dish rack?
These things used to be mine
I guess they still are, I want them back...

DarwinTaurus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is why you go for the younger pus$y when it throws itself at you lmao. Bumble broads be like this despite what certain 5-date-Kate loving board members might say.
I get that, and I've had that thrown in my face lately, with a few friends of my housemate who are in their early 20's, asking me to be their Sugar Daddy, I was intruiged, but laughed, and said no, because I wan't a genuine connection, not something transactional... yet when I posted that here, a lot of guys laughed at me for trying so young, because they are old enough to be my daughter... so which way do you go?

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello fellow DJ's,

I matched a few days ago with a woman on Bumble, and through her photo's, I realized that she lived very close to me, and after talking, we worked out we live in the same apartment building (turns out we even have the same landlord, as he owns three apartments in the building). I plan on meeting in the next day or so, for a 'pool date'.

What do you guys see in regards to the pro's / con's of this? Pro would obviously would be getting some fun from a floor above. Con's? If it didn't work out, could become awkward if we bumped into each other?
Ask her if she likes elevator sex.