Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

S.F. Is So Heavily Criticized, It's Now Underrated

derringerG

Banned
Reaction score
S.F. has gotten such a bad rap that the criticisms drown out one basic fact: S.F. is a HUGE city with tons of bars, clubs, concerts, endless social events, and a significant concentration of hot, single women.

Let's get the main negatives out of the way;

1. it IS true that there is a huge surplus of thirsty, socially awkward tech geeks. To make matters worse, most are making far more money than same age non-tech peers meaning they tend to throw huge wads of cash (or crypto) at the first woman who shows even the slightest sign of interest

2. as a result, many, probably the majority of women in SF develop an oversized ego well beyond their objective SMV in any other sane dating environment. The SF 49ers meme ( a 4 who thinks she is a 9) is overstated, but there are enough examples where this is actually true it can get a llittle scary if you fixate on it

3. the city is incredibly expensive; it's difficult to put together an inexpensive date, and even a single night of gaming can put a dent of hundreds of dollars into your wallet.

So, it seems like a recipe for disaster: egotistical women, severe male thirst and sky high prices for almost everything. But you would be wrong.

1. there are tons of very hot girls. Almost all of them are concentrated at specific times and in specific locations. You will find a lot of hot girls as long as you game college girls in college specific venues. Yes, these girls are typically traveling in their social circles as expected, but that's true anywhere. The good news is, there are lots and lots of collegs and universities and therefore plenty of hot girls

2. there are endless niches and scenes so you have plenty of options: hot sorority girls, goth chicks, EDM/House music enthusiasts, immigrant girls, Asian girls, etc.

3. there are a staggering number of bars and clubs throughout the city: again, you can find granola/hippie chicks, mainstream hotties, athletic chicks, hot chicks who are regulars at gay bars and after hours spots, etc.

There are a few "requirements"

1. have a thick skin: even when it's not immediately apparent, it can be shocking to deal with 4/5/6 caliber girls who not only ACT like hot girls, but are actually TREATED like hot girls. Don't get huffy. This is the alternate universe which is SF.

2. either set aside wads of cash like most SF goofs, OR better yet, find out where there are concentrations of hot girls in no-cover bars. Surprisingly the mission, which is a lower income hood with fewer pretty girls has the HIGHEST covers. Meanwhile venues in the marina which has the hottest girls from rich families have few covers.

3. Avoid the most crowded venues during peak hours. I have never seen bars and clubs get more crowded and become as utterly useless as those in SF during peak hours. It's like there no such thing as fire codes and every "hot" venue is seemingly trying to set a record to see how many warm bodies they can cram into a venue as possible. You're best off with day game and early evening gaming.

4. SMV is at a premium. Looks trump money in SF (as long as you have SOME money, of course). Millionaires are a dime a dozen. There is also a surplus of good looking guys. Still, you are much better off being good looking as opposed to flaunting your VC portfolio.

5. you're going to crash and burn an inordinate number of times as you ramp up in your learning curve. SF is not a friendly city. Few peope smile, and there is a very strong individualistic, cutthroat, sink or swim mentality in SF. Don't get burned out or become cynical if you find yourself stuck in SF for a while, even if it's just for a weekend! It really is not you, it really is the city.

Don't take anything personally while you're in SF. Just do your best to systematically collect PERSONAL data on what venues, neighborhoods, scenes and girls you click with and find success in and then concentrate your efforts accordingly.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ha.

I have had to live in the Bay Area for a while and even visit from time to time and nice try but HA! First of all, it's cute to see San Fran guys delude themselves into thinking that they look better than guys in most other cities, you do not. I have seen the competition in San Francisco and it is a joke. The dudes who do make the city work make it work because of social circle game if that but even then, it is a city meant for LTRs. Things close earlier than usual in San Fran and it is more of a hiking and day drinking culture.

Second, San Francisco and Nor Cal are not worth it for the game aspect. People hype up The Marina, every time I went it was a joke. The hottest girl there would be just another face in the crowd in NYC, South Florida, most major Arizona cities, Southern Cal, or Chicago. Then add to that the inflated ego, narcissism, and laundry list of mental health issues that come with being raised or born in San Francisco.

San Francisco is only good for a tech career if that. Outside of that, it is a failing city full of hideous women and corny guys. The cruel irony is that these plain women with a deranged personality and the corny Bay Area guys will only be happy in San Francisco if anything. As soon as they move out, they get humbled so fast and collapse. I have seen San Fran guys get humbled in whatever cities they move to as they struggle with local women and San Fran women get ignored by most men in the new city they are in.

Seriously, do not go to San Francisco unless you want a career in tech. Even then, just go to Austin or even Seattle instead. San Francisco is a dump.

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
S.F. has gotten such a bad rap that the criticisms drown out one basic fact: S.F. is a HUGE city with tons of bars, clubs, concerts, endless social events, and a significant concentration of hot, single women.

Let's get the main negatives out of the way;

1. it IS true that there is a huge surplus of thirsty, socially awkward tech geeks. To make matters worse, most are making far more money than same age non-tech peers meaning they tend to throw huge wads of cash (or crypto) at the first woman who shows even the slightest sign of interest

Irrelevant. As most are unattractive dorks.

2. as a result, many, probably the majority of women in SF develop an oversized ego well beyond their objective SMV in any other sane dating environment. The SF 49ers meme ( a 4 who thinks she is a 9) is overstated, but there are enough examples where this is actually true it can get a llittle scary if you fixate on it

3. the city is incredibly expensive; it's difficult to put together an inexpensive date, and even a single night of gaming can put a dent of hundreds of dollars into your wallet.

Very true.

So, it seems like a recipe for disaster: egotistical women, severe male thirst and sky high prices for almost everything. But you would be wrong.

1. there are tons of very hot girls. Almost all of them are concentrated at specific times and in specific locations. You will find a lot of hot girls as long as you game college girls in college specific venues. Yes, these girls are typically traveling in their social circles as expected, but that's true anywhere. The good news is, there are lots and lots of collegs and universities and therefore plenty of hot girls

Not that hot. Other cities are better.

2. there are endless niches and scenes so you have plenty of options: hot sorority girls, goth chicks, EDM/House music enthusiasts, immigrant girls, Asian girls, etc.

True.

3. there are a staggering number of bars and clubs throughout the city: again, you can find granola/hippie chicks, mainstream hotties, athletic chicks, hot chicks who are regulars at gay bars and after hours spots, etc.

Club/bar scene has declined, but it’s still doable.

There are a few "requirements"

1. have a thick skin: even when it's not immediately apparent, it can be shocking to deal with 4/5/6 caliber girls who not only ACT like hot girls, but are actually TREATED like hot girls. Don't get huffy. This is the alternate universe which is SF.

Most girls gather in groups and ignore everyone else. But don’t assume they’ll be hostile if you Approach.

2. either set aside wads of cash like most SF goofs, OR better yet, find out where there are concentrations of hot girls in no-cover bars. Surprisingly the mission, which is a lower income hood with fewer pretty girls has the HIGHEST covers. Meanwhile venues in the marina which has the hottest girls from rich families have few covers.

Valencia St., in The Mission is prime nightlife. Actually some great places with no cover. Mission St. itself is pretty sketch.

3. Avoid the most crowded venues during peak hours. I have never seen bars and clubs get more crowded and become as utterly useless as those in SF during peak hours. It's like there no such thing as fire codes and every "hot" venue is seemingly trying to set a record to see how many warm bodies they can cram into a venue as possible. You're best off with day game and early evening gaming.

Eh. I like crowds. Also, people get more friendly as the crowds thicken. A favorite tactic of mine (when single, or too drunk to remember I have a GF) is to get close to an attractive girl, start talking about our drinks and then we each sample the other drink. Covid is really over, as I did that recently.

4. SMV is at a premium. Looks trump money in SF (as long as you have SOME money, of course). Millionaires are a dime a dozen. There is also a surplus of good looking guys. Still, you are much better off being good looking as opposed to flaunting your VC portfolio.

Not many GL Straight guys. Gay guys really work on their looks.
GL > VC portfolio almost anywhere in the US.

5. you're going to crash and burn an inordinate number of times as you ramp up in your learning curve. SF is not a friendly city. Few peope smile, and there is a very strong individualistic, cutthroat, sink or swim mentality in SF. Don't get burned out or become cynical if you find yourself stuck in SF for a while, even if it's just for a weekend! It really is not you, it really is the city.

Most people in the City come off as a$$holes. Resting ***** face is common. Probably d/t the hordes of mentally ill/drunk/drugged homeless who pester and scream. No one wants to make eye contact, lest a vagrant accost them. But at the bars/clubs, people are way more friendly.

Don't take anything personally while you're in SF. Just do your best to systematically collect PERSONAL data on what venues, neighborhoods, scenes and girls you click with and find success in and then concentrate your efforts accordingly.

Last edited:

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ha.

I have had to live in the Bay Area for a while and even visit from time to time and nice try but HA! First of all, it's cute to see San Fran guys delude themselves into thinking that they look better than guys in most other cities, you do not. I have seen the competition in San Francisco and it is a joke. The dudes who do make the city work make it work because of social circle game if that but even then, it is a city meant for LTRs. Things close earlier than usual in San Fran and it is more of a hiking and day drinking culture.

Second, San Francisco and Nor Cal are not worth it for the game aspect. People hype up The Marina, every time I went it was a joke. The hottest girl there would be just another face in the crowd in NYC, South Florida, most major Arizona cities, Southern Cal, or Chicago. Then add to that the inflated ego, narcissism, and laundry list of mental health issues that come with being raised or born in San Francisco.

San Francisco is only good for a tech career if that. Outside of that, it is a failing city full of hideous women and corny guys. The cruel irony is that these plain women with a deranged personality and the corny Bay Area guys will only be happy in San Francisco if anything. As soon as they move out, they get humbled so fast and collapse. I have seen San Fran guys get humbled in whatever cities they move to as they struggle with local women and San Fran women get ignored by most men in the new city they are in.

Seriously, do not go to San Francisco unless you want a career in tech. Even then, just go to Austin or even Seattle instead. San Francisco is a dump.
Ha.

Basically agree.
However, as I’m stuck in the Bay Area, I’ve had to make the best of it.
And, as bad as it may be, I’ve had a lot of fun here.
Don’t come here for women. But if you wind up here, it’s doable.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Basically agree.
However, as I’m stuck in the Bay Area, I’ve had to make the best of it.
And, as bad as it may be, I’ve had a lot of fun here.
Don’t come here for women. But if you wind up here, it’s doable.
I'll say that the Latina quality in the Bay Area can be underrated if most guys will explore that. When it comes to white women, the quality is amongst the worst in the country. As for Asian American women, the ones in the Bay have a special brand of narcissism that makes them even worse than the white girls.

I think at its core, the issue with the Bay Area is that it is loaded with too many Asians, Indians, and liberal whites. All groups produce materialistic, spoiled, and narcissist women that think men owe them something and they don't have to put in any work. Go for black and latin women in the Bay and it can work out.

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll say that the Latina quality in the Bay Area can be underrated if most guys will explore that. When it comes to white women, the quality is amongst the worst in the country. As for Asian American women, the ones in the Bay have a special brand of narcissism that makes them even worse than the white girls.

I think at its core, the issue with the Bay Area is that it is loaded with too many Asians, Indians, and liberal whites. All groups produce materialistic, spoiled, and narcissist women that think men owe them something and they don't have to put in any work. Go for black and latin women in the Bay and it can work out.
Lots of Latin women in the Mission tend to be tiny, pudgy goblinas. Asian women are often stick figures walking around masked. White women, can be hit or miss. Very few Black women. But, there is a large tourist population. The last girl I met at the bar was from LA. The one before that, from Columbia...

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Crime is rampant. The City is filthy. Homeless encampments are everywhere. One can rarely walk the streets without being panhandled or worse by the odiferous, pestilential vagrants. Graffiti and the smell of human waste is everywhere.there is an app that logs human feces on the streets. The City is smothered in an aggressive, cloying Leftism. Boarded up businesses. If you’re at all attractive, expect to get some unwanted attention from the large, militant Gay population. Driving is a nightmare. Constant roadwork, Slow Streets, road closures, aggressive bikers... actually getting a parking spot is a conversation topic. Crime has increased on public transit. Auto vs. pedestrian crashes are a concern. Ridesharing is $$$.
With that being said, there’s lots to do, weather is usually decent. The physical location is stunningly beautiful. Food is great. Since Covid, al fresco dining has exploded. Great parks, museums...
So. If you come, enjoy yourself. But be street smart. And lucky.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The thing I hate most about San Francisco is not the city itself but it's transplants that flood to other places. I mean I find San Fran women unbearable, more so than women from anywhere else. The women from that city are the embodiment of Western Women at their worst, at least American women at their worst. Always the nagging friend that ****blocks for her friend, the fake social media queen with an inferiority complex since she is not from So Cal, Ms. Virtue Signaler, hypergamist that tries to act morally self-righteous, and total scum of humanity really.

If there is one thing to love about San Francisco, it is that it can keep at least a number of these fiends right where they are. Unfortunately, that's not enough and they flood everywhere in the country now. These people are a bunch of parasites, they bring their politics, rudeness, and toxic ways to other places and just ruin them.

We need San Francisco because it can at least contain these people there. Let them sniff their own farts out of a wine glass (lol South Park) and be as narcissistic as they can be but for the love of god, keep them away from the rest of America.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Autism is the big thing there now. Silicon Valley has had the highest recorded rates in history for a while now.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're willing to drive the women in Sacramento and Modesto are somewhat better

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
San Francisco, Seattle, Portland (Oregon), Toronto, and Washington DC are the metro areas that are usually mentioned as the absolute worst mating environments in North America.

It's difficult to spin the SF Bay Area as having a positive mating environment in any way. There are better Latinas in other cities, and the Latina population is more tolerable than the White/Asian (both East and South Asian) population. Very tough place to get your diick wet either casually or in an extended relationship.

The male surplus is ridiculous there. Those Aspie tech guys are driving up the price of poontang for everyone.

Simply put, the dating environment is a surplus of Aspie tech guys chasing SJW/careerist/feminist women. That's a really bad combination not seen a lot of other places.

In a mostly sane dating but mediocre mating environment (Dallas), you don't see women start to get bad attitudes until the 6/6.5 range. Bad attitudes are a problem in Dallas but the oversized egos well beyond objective SMV is a far bigger problem in San Fran due to the surplus of very thirsty men with poor social skills.

Paying a lot of money to live in a place with a bad social environment sounds like a bad deal to me.

I don't have a thick enough skin to deal with the mating environment of San Fran.

I have seen the competition in San Francisco and it is a joke. The dudes who do make the city work make it work because of social circle game if that but even then, it is a city meant for LTRs.
A lot of the people in LTRs in the Bay Area brought their girlfriends from elsewhere. That's true in Washington DC too. Somewhat true in Dallas as a lot of people move to Dallas (mostly Dallas suburbs) with their wives and children.

San Fran women get ignored by most men in the new city they are in.
Sounds amazing!

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
I agree with much of what you’ve said, but as far as “sf guys thinking they look better”? I didn’t see that anywhere in the op’s post.

I can say this: in the greater sfbay area I do “ok”, not awesome but ok. The moment I leave for say Scottsdale, Miami, Austin/SA, Provo, Boulder, Charlotte -> I UTTERLY SLAY, it’s uncanny. Not sure I understand the dynamics but it’s true.

And yes the selection of female talent in the Bay isn’t great unless you stick to college girls, the sense of entitlement is toxic.

Ha.

derringerG

Banned
Reaction score
I am definitely sympathetic to the more critical comments about the bay area, SF in particular. The issue of crime is something that definitely needs to be mentioned, the homeless, graffiti, feces, the smell of urine, the parking problems, are all awful. I doubt they've gotten better in the past 2 years. To clarify 2 things:

1. I am focusing more on short- term visitor game. I can see how SF could really wear on you full time.

2. I can see how guys who are 6 smv or below could get super frustrated with "game" and pickup. These guys are going to face a serious uphill battle in SF. 5 or below and they're looking mainly at provider game if they want an LTR.

In SF, the results you get and the effort required if you are a male SMV6 or below can prove prohibitive. The city is really best if you are SMV8+ although that's true most everywhere. In SF, the dropoff in results below that are really steep.

One slight benefit of SF is that the enormous millions of goblinoid looking females in LA, Miami, Austin, etc. is largely absent. Instead there is a huge hump in the 20 something "hb" 6/7 range and another much smaller spike in the 8/8.5 range, and then a small smattering of girls here and there above that.

btw, I'm def. not a "San Fran" guy. I have visited many times and often have a good time there. Just trying to provide some balance and perspective.

OK, now your love for Miami is starting to make more sense. You never did respond to the videos of Miami that I posted in your thread. You claimed there are beautiful white women everywhere, yet the videos from just this past month show the exact opposite: it's mainly blacks visiting miami beach.

Also, I can't identify at all with the "narcissistic" asian females comment. I don't experience that at all. Asian women tend to be very friendly and flirty in the bay. Same with hot white women.

The MAIN problem as I have pointed out several times, is that of 4/5/6 level women with oversized egos for reasons already pointed out multiple times. Those women are primarily a distraction--as I said before, as long as you can ignore them instead of obsessing about them or becoming angry it's not a big deal.

This is the type of hyperbole my op was meant to counter-act. SF is definitely lacking in 9's/10's (they are there, but relatively few) and there are some truly uppity 4/5/6's, but 7 and 8+ game is pretty solid.

Last edited:

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I keep hearing all of these stories online of dudes saying "I used to be in the Bay Area and struggled because of ratios and competition but now I live on the east coast and I slay". Yet, in real life, I know at least 10 guys who made that specific move and they struggled just as much out east as they supposedly did in San Fran. I've gotta say, California guys in general overhype the world out of their own value and game to the point that it is comical.

From what I have seen, Californian game revolves around clout chasing and inflating status in front of others but most of the times, it just comes off as overcompensating and cringey. And with San Fran dudes, there is this massive degree of masculine overcompensation. Literally half the dudes I know are tech bros that look geeky but swear they are a BJJ black belt that beat 5 people up in a street fight, cool story bro.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
California guys in general overhype the world out of their own value and game to the point that it is comical.

From what I have seen, Californian game revolves around clout chasing and inflating status in front of others but most of the times, it just comes off as overcompensating and cringey. And with San Fran dudes, there is this massive degree of masculine overcompensation. Literally half the dudes I know are tech bros that look geeky but swear they are a BJJ black belt that beat 5 people up in a street fight, cool story bro.
If you think SF is bad, you should see San Diego. The competition for everything (jobs, women, housing, etc) there is so bad that everyone's fronting hard because image is all they have. They're like LA dudes without the brains, ambition, or talent but with all of the neg traits. At least you can laugh at the guys in SF.

In California for both males and females in general there seems to be value conflation. People seem to think they're the sh1t simply because they live there. Ok.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Haha you guys ripping’ on those of us in California - why so angwee? Did a brogrammer steal a plate? U jelly?

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha you guys ripping’ on those of us in California - why so angwee? Did a brogrammer steal a plate? U jelly?
There certainly are a lot of capable people in California. You also have people with not much going for them who think they're *amazing*

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you think SF is bad, you should see San Diego. The competition for everything (jobs, women, housing, etc) there is so bad that everyone's fronting hard because image is all they have. They're like LA dudes without the brains, ambition, or talent but with all of the neg traits. At least you can laugh at the guys in SF.

In California for both males and females in general there seems to be value conflation. People seem to think they're the sh1t simply because they live there. Ok.
San Diego = Man Diego. So many men in San Diego. Ratios are absurd.

The metro areas of San Diego, Los Angeles, and San Francisco are all man saturated.

Man saturated + high cost of living = not a good time.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh man, there it is, the stereotypical passive-aggressive Californian anger. Yes, I hate most Californians. I hate how most Californians flood into new states, drive up the rent, bring their California politics that ruined California with them, and then somehow act like they are above most locals. The only plates brogrammers are stealing are plates to eat their hot pockets off of as they watch porn on another tab at work.

I mean even east coast transplants I can respect (except for Massachusetts) but man, Californians are the embodiment of the worst of American culture. California girls are degenerates with massive egos and the looks that for the most part don't even match (Texas and Florida are better). These are your hardcore feminazi clout chasing follow whatever trend broads that turn everything into a high school popularity contest.

The guys are carbon copies as well. I hate how Californians infest a new area and turn it into a chill and open area to a high school popularity contest.