Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

RIP Alan Roger Currie - direct approach pioneer dies age 59

Guitar_Whizz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm so sad to have just found out that dating coach Alan Roger Currie passed away this week aged 59. He was a true pioneer of the direct approach, which he called 'Mode One'. Him and David X were my 2 biggest inspirations in this game. I never liked indirect PUA material, I'm direct all the way. Now both these legendary direct dating coaches are gone.

Confirmation of his passing from his wife and brother: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...5HLtf8LABuoMvEhQg88SjstDVl&id=100009339913444

We_ArE_VeNOM

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm so sad to have just found out that dating coach Alan Roger Currie passed away this week aged 59. He was a true pioneer of the direct approach, which he called 'Mode One'. Him and David X were my 2 biggest inspirations in this game. I never liked indirect PUA material, I'm direct all the way. Now both these legendary direct dating coaches are gone.

Confirmation of his passing from his wife and brother: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...5HLtf8LABuoMvEhQg88SjstDVl&id=100009339913444
Awwwww nawwww :eek::eek::eek::eek:.

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I greatly miss this guy. He was the ultimate truth in my opinion in regards to understanding Women and their nature.

I spoke to him via. Skype in late October and messaged him Happy Thanksgiving on his Patreon on November 24th. He replied to me with appreciation.

Little did I or anyone know... He would be gone 4 days later. Very big loss IMO but his material is still alive and well.

Last edited:

We_ArE_VeNOM

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I greatly miss this guy. He was the ultimate truth in my opinion in regards to understanding Women and their nature.

I spoke to him via. Skype in late October and messaged him Happy Thanksgiving on his Patreon on November 24th. He replied to me with appreciation.

Little did I or anyone know... He would be gone 4 days later. Very big loss IMO but his material is still alive and well.
Yeah man, I spoke to him via FB a few weeks ago...he had stated in one of his videos that he is a movie buff and has had experience working in Hollywood.

I told him about a television project that I have and he told me he would see if some of his people could help me.

Im sure it was just "Hollywood" talk but hey lol.

Sad, sad news.

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sad all these YouTubers are passing. Foul play?
Don't think so. Many believe Kevin Samuels died due to the "Special poke".

Some are now speculating the same has happened to ARC but in his private Patreon livestreams, he mentioned that he avoided taking it.

Overall, you never know... 59 is still young to die suddenly.

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, not vax. KS was poisoned by that psychotic YouTube bvtch Melanie King that he was fvcking. She was offering him drinks during his last live video.
Ah ok I get what you're saying. In regards to Alan Roger Currie's death, I don't think there was foul play...

However, In November, in Alan's last Patreon livestream he seemed completely fine. He didn't look ill or talk about being ill/sick. This is why this was such a shock that he died suddenly. Someone posted a screenshot of Alan's brother saying he died of a heart attack but nothing has been fully confirmed.

ARC was working on a movie script and appeared to be upbeat. When I spoke to him he looked fine and never mentioned any sickness to his Patreon community. On the other hand he did have problems with diabetes and mentioned him getting hospitalized with Covid months ago but made it out OK and recovered.

This was his last Patreon post.

Screenshot_20221208_141052_Patreon.jpg

Guitar_Whizz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

It certainly is a sad loss. Currie and David X were the only dating coaches I followed after I switched to the direct approach in 2007 (previous to that I was indirect). Direct approach changed my dating life, and in fact my whole life, dramatically for the better and it's all thanks to what I learned from Currie and David X. It's sad they've both passed away, but they left a superb legacy.

Was there an announcement on his Patreon page about his passing (from his wife or brother)?

How has the direct/Mode One approach worked out for you?

Guitar_Whizz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Did he had any health issues?
Yes. From what I've heard him say in interviews and videos, he had type 2 diabetes (caused by when he used to drink peach schnappel by the truckload), plus some kidney problems. He was overweight at certain points too, particularly between 2010 and 2012, caused by overeating junk food (he actually mentioned in a video that he comfort ate during this time due to some personal problems going on).

In addition, he had I think his appendix or gall bladder removed in 2019, where he was in hospital for a while. Then in 2021 or 2022 he was in hospital battling Covid and only just managed to pull through.

He's also talked about the fact that he used to eat chicken wings by the truckload too, sometimes for breakfast, lunch and dinner. If he was eating a lot of fried chicken wings, it's bound to have had a detrimental effect on his health and cholesterol levels.

One health issue tends to compound others, for example a lot of diabetics are overweight and it can also put strain on their heart, so that may be what happened to Currie. It could've also been Covid or Vax related, but we'll never know for sure.

The irony is, he wasn't even a smoker or big drinker, plus he looked in good health in recent years, younger looking than his age in my opinion.

Whatever the reason for his passing, it has totally out of the blue and is indeed a sad loss. He still had more to give, and a no bull**** true teller like him is much needed in today's world.

Juanto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes. From what I've heard him say in interviews and videos, he had type 2 diabetes (caused by when he used to drink peach schnappel by the truckload), plus some kidney problems. He was overweight at certain points too, particularly between 2010 and 2012, caused by overeating junk food (he actually mentioned in a video that he comfort ate during this time due to some personal problems going on).

In addition, he had I think his appendix or gall bladder removed in 2019, where he was in hospital for a while. Then in 2021 or 2022 he was in hospital battling Covid and only just managed to pull through.

He's also talked about the fact that he used to eat chicken wings by the truckload too, sometimes for breakfast, lunch and dinner. If he was eating a lot of fried chicken wings, it's bound to have had a detrimental effect on his health and cholesterol levels.

One health issue tends to compound others, for example a lot of diabetics are overweight and it can also put strain on their heart, so that may be what happened to Currie. It could've also been Covid or Vax related, but we'll never know for sure.

The irony is, he wasn't even a smoker or big drinker, plus he looked in good health in recent years, younger looking than his age in my opinion.

Whatever the reason for his passing, it has totally out of the blue and is indeed a sad loss. He still had more to give, and a no bull**** true teller like him is much needed in today's world.
Great post, thank you