Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Renting First Time

Metaphysical

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Still looking for a place. Anyone renting in Toronto, Chicago, New York, or anywhere else where the rent is $1500+ for a small 1 bedroom?

I've been looking around and found a couple of nice places, but they are so damn expensive.

So I can get an APARTMENT building for like $1400/month - but it was build in the 70s-80s and it's kind of ugly. A nice condo is ~$1800 a month.

Now I make decent money, but it's still a LOT of money just for rent. I was thinking maybe about a room mate, but that's a hassle too...

Borknagar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you serious? That much for an apt? ****, I wouldn't pay a penny over MAYBE $800 for an apt, and still, it would be a rip off. For that kind of money, you could easily afford a mortgage on a decent 2 bedroom house/condo/townhome. That would be a much better route and investment.

Borknagar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As a matter of fact, I live in the twin cities, which is decent, I know not the liveliest area, but those other places aren't worth justifying that kind of money for a stinkin one bedroom. Seriously, purchase a house, you'll be glad you did. A house is much more impressive than a apt/condo, especially at those rip-off prices.

Metaphysical

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Borknagar said:
As a matter of fact, I live in the twin cities, which is decent, I know not the liveliest area, but those other places aren't worth justifying that kind of money for a stinkin one bedroom. Seriously, purchase a house, you'll be glad you did. A house is much more impressive than a apt/condo, especially at those rip-off prices.
homes are 1million+ in Toronto

Zerro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Metaphysical said:
A nice condo is ~$1800 a month.
Christ, that is over twice what I'd be paying for mortgage, taxes, insurance, and utilities combined for the 3-bedroom houses I am currently looking at 30-to-60 minutes outside of Chicago. Not to mention that you're not building any equity while you're renting makes even more of a raw deal.