Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Remind a girl of a date?

TheVampSlayer

Don Juan
Reaction score
So, let's say I have a date and I'm not sure if the girl will remember. What's a good way to remind her without seeming desperate?

JohnChops

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No more keyboard jockeying . Action is the place.
No. Set a definite time and place. Then no contact until the actual date. If she doesn't remember them her interest is clearly low and she does not care.

If I say I'm picking you up on thursdsy at 7, she gives me her address and I pick her up Thursday at 7. I give her the "I'm here " text and all should go smoothly, if not leave and go do something else

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
I agree with JohnChops. No day-of reminders. She should email around 2pm and say "So what's the plan, are we still meeting? I'm so excited!!"

badboyjmm

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
TheVampSlayer said:
So, let's say I have a date and I'm not sure if the girl will remember. What's a good way to remind her without seeming desperate?
You make sure the date is near your place and you don't move until you get a confirmation from her.

I typically test girls this way:
-I plan a date (time, date and place) a couple days up to a week ahead
-Girl confirmed that she's free
-Radio silence from my end

Results ? She either confirms a few days before whether the date is still ON or she doesn't reply.

On set date if she hasn't responded you have two choices:
-Keep the radio silence (she most likely forgot, not too interested then)
-Or tell her that you are running late

At that point, you will know whether she wants to see you or not.

Yewki

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ruler said:
The day of, send her a text saying "I have to cancel today".

And then don't show. Give some excuse of how you accidentally double booked with a buddy and you're going rock climbing or something.

Say you promise she can buy you a sh!tyy burger at x place, x date at x time.
This is over gaming. You're taking the unnecessary risk of turning her off and being a jack a** when you already have a date setup. Yeah this move could pan out and maybe her IL will raise, but then again maybe it won't and there won't be a next date. Instead, just go on the damn date and raise her IL by showing yourself to her.

What you're describing is like being in a race and thinking you're far enough ahead to sneak in a nap in order to look cool... not a smart move.

Also the OP asked how to verify the actual date... you can't cancel dates forever.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
first you don't remember her if she is interested she will remember and be there on time, but if for any reason you really think you need to remind the damn girl for it, make it you 2 will go together (I do that if the girl life close to me like 10-20 min), send her a msg on time you are supose to meet saying "tell me when you are ready" and keep doing anything else till she send a msg to you telling she is ready,

had a girl once telling me she was still drying her hair and in 30 min she would be ready, in 15 she send me i'm ready :) during that time I was playing something on my computer so not biggie of wait and not even notice, even less if she had flaked.

but like I said it only work if you live close by, by you shouldn't care much anyway
just go and if she flakes you can always try again with a new girl

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TheVampSlayer said:
Thanks for the replies, guys. She remembered, but she flaked.
The whole story is at this thread:
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=227093

well don't bother to call her again,d elete it and next time since I read that post, don't ever share what you will do with otehr people, never answer it straight and never confirm or deny anything, be it for anyone close to you or her, that is the kind of thing you never share, ignoring that msg till after the date saying you was busy would work better then answering with anything

Konada

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally I always send a reminder text a day before because we all do have lives to attend to. Either way, a girl with low IL is going to flake on you wheher you send the text or not.

Something along the lines of 'See you at xxx tomorrow. Wear something sexy ;)'

But I do agree that radio silence is a great way to gauge interest, ultimately though to me I prefer to get things handled so I can focus on other stuff.

Building_and_Loan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I usually set a date about 3 days in advance or so, and I'll shoot her a quick text an hour or two before the date to check up. I won't text her between the time when I set up the date and check up either.

My last one went like this, and is pretty much par for the course:

Me: Hey, you still good for tonight at xx bar?
Her: Yep, I've been busy moving all day and worked up an appetite!
Me: Cool, I get off around 5, I'll be there shortly after. See you then.
Her: OK!

TheVampSlayer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice everyone.

@Alvafe Okay, that was it with her. Also, I will now keep in my mind that I should not share with anyone.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's an easy way to calculate interest level...

You verifying the date with her = your interest is too high

Nobody verifies the date but you both show up = She's interested, but it's not sky high (yet)

She verifies the date = her interest is high

She doesn't show up = low or non-existent interest

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As long as you don't set all the details in stone ahead of time, you will have an easy excuse for sending a reminder text. For example, if your plan was simply that you two will meet up on Saturday evening, then you can call or text early on Saturday with a specific time. Or if your plan was to meet at 7 on Saturday, then you can call or text with a specific location to meet up. I'm not the most organized guy anyway so this kind of loose planning comes naturally to me.

Peña

Banned
Reaction score
TheVampSlayer said:
There is no reason to remind a girl of a date. She should be anxious and excited for the day of the date needing no reminders at all. When something is important as a date, girls will remember it looking forward to it. If she forgets she never really cared to go out. Set up your date and let her be ready to show up.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
If a woman doesn't show up to a date or flakes on you, you have failed. Either:

1. She wanted validation and an ego boost.

2. You didn't attract her enough for her to show up.

3. You f**ked up in the attraction process.

4. A better man entered the picture.

Whatever the case, delete her number and move on if she doesn't show to a date.

skinnyguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree you should not send a reminder. Like some posters said above, if she's high interest she won't forget. Your job is to weed out the low interest women.

Also, feel free to set up more than one date on the same day. I did that yesterday and it worked very well.

Yewki

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
nismo-4 said:
If a woman doesn't show up to a date or flakes on you, you have failed. Either:

1. She wanted validation and an ego boost.

2. You didn't attract her enough for her to show up.

3. You f**ked up in the attraction process.

4. A better man entered the picture.
Whatever the case, delete her number and move on if she doesn't show to a date.
Disagree. This line of thinking is illogical and also reeks of outcome dependency. First, calling things beyond your control a failure is a negative and self-defeating attitude. Second, woman routinely can and do flake on guys despite correct gaming. Third, if you weren't outcome dependent you wouldn't care to call things beyond your control a failure to begin with.

Yewki

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Desdinova said:
You verifying the date with her = your interest is too high
I'm going to disagree with this and here's why. If you made specific plans days in advance to meet a friend somewhere, would you not want to verify with him at some point beforehand? Would you really say nothing at all to each other, maintain silence, and just hope he remembers? No, because that's retarded and you value your time.

So if she's been radio silent about the date, it's about time to meet, and you decide to maintain the radio silence and go anyways... that shows you don't value your time. It shows you're desperate, actually.

Why does it show you're desperate? Because you're willing to sacrifice a big chunk of your time out of fear of compromising her IL. This is putting women on a pedestal 101. What makes more sense, quickly verifying you're not going to waste the next 30-60 minutes of your life... or going to meet someone who has given no clear indication she even remembers?

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yewki said:
I'm going to disagree with this and here's why. If you made specific plans days in advance to meet a friend somewhere, would you not want to verify with him at some point beforehand? Would you really say nothing at all to each other, maintain silence, and just hope he remembers? No, because that's retarded and you value your time.
Friends are a bit different. You don't have high or low IL in a friend. They're just kinda there, and sometimes you get busy with 5hit and forget.

Now let me put this another way... Would you forget you had a date with a HB10? No? Then she won't forget she has a date with a hot guy.

Why does it show you're desperate? Because you're willing to sacrifice a big chunk of your time out of fear of compromising her IL. This is putting women on a pedestal 101. What makes more sense, quickly verifying you're not going to waste the next 30-60 minutes of your life... or going to meet someone who has given no clear indication she even remembers?
I have yet to see a woman think this deeply about going on a date.