Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Religion and Game

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Since the bible is ostensibly the basis and common element in most western denominations, it is wise for one to investigate for oneself what the bible actually says. That is precisely what gives an individual discernment. Denominations range from outright cults to people who have certain preferences regarding the non-essentials.

Too often we take what people say about "religion" as fact, or at least we assign it great weight, when in fact we have no idea under the sun if they are expressing their own personal opinion and biases or if they are quoting scriptural truth.

The wise person (who cares about knowing who God is) goes directly to scripture to circumvent all this opinion and bias. Once I did this many years ago, I became equipped to discern truth from error. There are debatable non-essentials in Christianity, but the essentials are clearly spelled out in those pages.

There are many non-believers who scoff, but think about this: Every authentic Christian alive was once a scoffer and/or unbeliever. Every one of them knows about life on both sides of the fence. However, the scoffer knows only about life in his or her own fenced-in yard. I have discovered in life that the best and most important thing I can do is to be prepared to meet my Maker when the time comes. In the process, I have been turned from a frightened weakling into a man, and I have been rewarded with a stunningly beautiful woman who has likewise been changed at the core.

But the real point here remains the same. Don't use man's "religion" as a social stepping-stone. There are so many false denominations out there. You are opening yourself up to deception that will warm your heart for a while but will keep you far from knowing God, the most important thing any man or woman can do. I have always belonged to non-denominational churches, which use the bible as their sole source of doctrine. Stay close to the source and away from men's interpretations.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm very familiar with mormonism, I have a lot of coworkers and friends who are mormon or ex-mormon, and have given me a lot of insight into it.

First of, the mormon church is less a religion and more a form of supra-national government. To a certain degree you must do as you're told, pay a portion of your earnings to the church and conform to the church rules. In return you get welfare and community. This is how they proselytize, with gifts and financial support.

The mormon church is unforgiving of outright gaming. My old boss' brother married a younger woman who tried the trick of getting married and then taking him for half of what he was worth. However since she was just in it for the money and never actually consummated the marriage, the church elders threw out the marriage, and her along with it. She got jack.

The church is big into community, but it can be exclusionary. For example only people of confirmed faith can enter a temple, if you were to get married in a temple, your family would not be able to attend.

Mormons themselves are super nice, but there is a big degree of conformity in the mentality required to subjugate yourself to an idea like that.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would think a modern "Megachurch" would offer more options for a social circle of people with similar values, while allowing a little more personal freedom. The Worship services seem to be more modern and entertaining.

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
I've never seen a diagram in this shape before; it fits to show the stages of the top and right hand side arrows.

So I can take a religion I'm considering and move it around the 'teardrop' until it settles at the best spot with each fact I find out.

Or do I not know how to utilise this diagram

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
I would think a modern "Megachurch" would offer more options for a social circle of people with similar values, while allowing a little more personal freedom. The Worship services seem to be more modern and entertaining.

I agree with you.

This would suit me.

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
Since the bible is ostensibly the basis and common element in most western denominations, it is wise for one to investigate for oneself what the bible actually says. That is precisely what gives an individual discernment. Denominations range from outright cults to people who have certain preferences regarding the non-essentials.

Too often we take what people say about "religion" as fact, or at least we assign it great weight, when in fact we have no idea under the sun if they are expressing their own personal opinion and biases or if they are quoting scriptural truth.

The wise person (who cares about knowing who God is) goes directly to scripture to circumvent all this opinion and bias. Once I did this many years ago, I became equipped to discern truth from error. There are debatable non-essentials in Christianity, but the essentials are clearly spelled out in those pages.

There are many non-believers who scoff, but think about this: Every authentic Christian alive was once a scoffer and/or unbeliever. Every one of them knows about life on both sides of the fence. However, the scoffer knows only about life in his or her own fenced-in yard. I have discovered in life that the best and most important thing I can do is to be prepared to meet my Maker when the time comes. In the process, I have been turned from a frightened weakling into a man, and I have been rewarded with a stunningly beautiful woman who has likewise been changed at the core.

But the real point here remains the same. Don't use man's "religion" as a social stepping-stone. There are so many false denominations out there. You are opening yourself up to deception that will warm your heart for a while but will keep you far from knowing God, the most important thing any man or woman can do. I have always belonged to non-denominational churches, which use the bible as their sole source of doctrine. Stay close to the source and away from men's interpretations.
Would you feel comfortable writing the exact Bible you read.
For example King James. like if you were to tell me to go buy a new Bible at the religious store what would you say to look for, specifically please?

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
I'm very familiar with mormonism, I have a lot of coworkers and friends who are mormon or ex-mormon, and have given me a lot of insight into it.

First of, the mormon church is less a religion and more a form of supra-national government. To a certain degree you must do as you're told, pay a portion of your earnings to the church and conform to the church rules. In return you get welfare and community. This is how they proselytize, with gifts and financial support.

The mormon church is unforgiving of outright gaming. My old boss' brother married a younger woman who tried the trick of getting married and then taking him for half of what he was worth. However since she was just in it for the money and never actually consummated the marriage, the church elders threw out the marriage, and her along with it. She got jack.

The church is big into community, but it can be exclusionary. For example only people of confirmed faith can enter a temple, if you were to get married in a temple, your family would not be able to attend.

Mormons themselves are super nice, but there is a big degree of conformity in the mentality required to subjugate yourself to an idea like that.
this was interesting to learn; thank you for reiterating what almost everyone has said and that is that they are nice people.
I can't help it, I admire them.

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

assembly of god churches fit into this well, very huge social circles of all qualities.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
this was interesting to learn; thank you for reiterating what almost everyone has said and that is that they are nice people.
I can't help it, I admire them.
Men/PPL will have strong feelings about this topic. It is part of the core of many. When they/we tell something about it we usually really believe it and mean the best by what we tell. We think our truth is THE truth. It is one reason many groups don't like religion as a topic. But it is a great topic as well because it gets to the core. The core is the place many of us needs work.

If your looking for a path in life, religion can help. Lots of happy ppl in all of the different ones, and also lots of unhappy ppl in them. Just like any other place. I have direct experience with several different ones, including I think most of the ones talked in this thread. I recognize the opinions of the others as coming from specific truth to themself. It's all good. When we die, we will know and not before. Until then it is a choice of how do we want to live. What are the results of choice in our path. We can chase sex, or arrange our life so that sex chasses us. We can chase money or arrange our life so money flows to us. You get the idea.

Later if you study religion history, ALL of them have problems with documentation and human choices. For example, the Bible is only the truth if we choose it to be. Originally it is created by men assembling and voting, with many other choices of content not included perhaps because it did not fit with the kings wishes of that time. Don't get caught into who is right or wrong and why. Look at the ppl and decide if you want to be like that, if yes learn how they do it.

What I have learned in red pill, reinforces the value of men leading the church. Only a few groups hold to that, many have now accepted social pressure to have female leaders or other concessions detracting from masculine strength. As I learned the red pill ideas from this forum and the reading, the Mormon has it right as it relates to those topics; in my opinion. As for who has the ultimate truth, that is an open debate.

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
Thank you sincerely everyone.

This is important and all of your help to me with ideas and suggestions and sharings helped me feel good.

Thank you very much.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mega churches got that big by never telling anyone anything that is actually in the bible. Rah rah, sing and dance, you're a good person because you're here, now give me some money. Jesus said so!
You’re exactly right. They are shielded from what the Bible actually says and instead emphasize emotion.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Would you feel comfortable writing the exact Bible you read.
For example King James. like if you were to tell me to go buy a new Bible at the religious store what would you say to look for, specifically please?
Sure, no problem. Version selection is very important. I read the New King James Version. This version takes out the “thees” and “thous” and makes it a little more readable yet still sticks very closely to the King James Version.

There are other versions which are considered “thought for thought” versions, like the New International Version (NIV). These play a little fast and loose because rather than translating word-for-word, they translate according to the thought behind the original. Not my cup of tea.

Then there are the paraphrases, which should be avoided at all costs. The “New Living Translation” is one example. These are usually written by one guy who thinks he has a “better” way to express God’s word in contemporary language.

No matter what version I investigate, I always come back to the New King James for a good balance between literal and a bit of accommodation for our ever-changing language.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You’re exactly right. They are shielded from what the Bible actually says and instead emphasize emotion.
A friend of mine went to a mega church with a girl he met. The preacher told everyone that the one word jesus used the most was "money." That's because when you give the preacher man money, you get into heaven. There were a thousand people there, everyone had a cel phone. It would take 30 seconds to look up what he said and see that it isn't true, but no one does. It's easier to drop a bill in the plate and rest assured that you just bought yourself some immortality.

7onriverI f

Banned
Reaction score
A friend of mine went to a mega church with a girl he met. The preacher told everyone that the one word jesus used the most was "money." That's because when you give the preacher man money, you get into heaven. There were a thousand people there, everyone had a cel phone. It would take 30 seconds to look up what he said and see that it isn't true, but no one does. It's easier to drop a bill in the plate and rest assured that you just bought yourself some immortality.
This is lordship salvation doctrine which is crept into every church in the world. It's taught far and wide. Not just in mega churches either.

It's all about trusting in your own efforts to get into heaven rather than seeking Christ's righteousness, believing on his death for your sins and trusting in this alone for salvation.

It's not ceasing from sin that's going to maintain your salvation. It's not a change of lifestyle that means your saved. Salvation is simple. Book of John says Believe 85 times in it but repent isn't even mentioned once. If you understand the greek meaning of repent in this verse

Mark 1:15, “And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the
kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

it means a change of mind. This change of mind prompts a man or woman to believe the gospel. It doesn't mean a turning from sin which is taught far and wide.

People are focused on their feelings. If you ain't living right your won't feel like your saved. Instead you should trust on the written word of God instead of your feelings.

Those preachers pump you full of music that the ears like and make you feel good if you give to them. Telling you your going to heaven if you give 10% a tithe (the tithe is mutiple tithes not 10% more like over 20% and It wasn't money it was food). All this is based on feelings.

Giving and praying should be done in secret as well. Giving to poor. If you read proverbs giving gifts to the rich leads to poverty.

Last edited:

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would advise against using religion as a means to find potential mates. Religion is about settling our relationship with God and dealing with the problem of sin. God, being perfectly just, cannot overlook sin, as this would be against his very nature.

Anyone who is familiar with scripture knows that Mormonism, JW, and many others are cults and extremely dangerous as their modus operandi is to hide truth behind friendly smiles and a feeling of family (unless and until to go against their rules).

I'm all for pursuing God, but dead-set against using a religious organization as a place to gain a sense of belonging. Read the gospel of John to find out who Jesus really is and ask God to reveal himself... "And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart."

Religion should be a means to one end only: To settle our accounts with God and avoid his judgment. The bible calls this obtaining "peace with God". Unless we familiarize ourselves with scripture, we are susceptible to all kinds of deceptions that feel good but have nothing to do with God.
all the ist's and ism's are our demise, and Rome's demise post-150 to 200 AD (emperor after emperor some reigning only less than 2 years from civil war from several competing Religions - Christianity won out with Constantine but I mean the man who Established Christianity as Rome's religion long after the start of the civil wars which crumbled it, killed his wife and son - very Christian eh?...we now have an Established Religion of Political Correctness that pervades ALL religion (except Islam maybe) in the West).