"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

Refining Charisma

aBAzLLnA

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 21, 2002
Messages
736
Reaction score
0
I believe, to become successful in anything, one needs to learn the art of speech. Personally, I believe that I am somewhat charismatic, however, there is always room for improvement :)

In this post, I want people who have read books on charisma or articles on charisma that give the most concise explanations and advice.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 10, 2003
Messages
15,481
Reaction score
65
Location
Galt's Gulch
Read a book on charisma yourself. Concise enough? :p
 

aBAzLLnA

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 21, 2002
Messages
736
Reaction score
0
Haha, that is concise enough. But I'm looking for books that are worth investing time in, cuz time is something I have very little of...
 

Dukester

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 24, 2004
Messages
538
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Dayton, Ohio

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

DJD

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
75
Reaction score
0
Several great books that deal with charisma, charm, social grace, and personal power:

* Irresistable Attraction: Secrets of Personal Magnetism. By Kevin Hogan, Mary Lee Labay, and Jack Swaney. (5 Stars)

* The New Secrets of Charisma: How to Capture the Magic Skills of Leaders and Lovers. By Doe Lang. (4 Stars)

* Putting Your Best Foot Forward: How to Make a Great Impression by Controlling How Others See You. By Jo-Ellan Dimitrius and Mark Mazzarella. (5 Stars +!)

* How to be a People Magnet. By Leil Lowndes. (4 Stars)

* How to Win Friends and Influence People. Norman Vincent Peale. (5 Stars).

I would recommend starting with the "Putting Your Best Foot Forward..." book by Dimitrius and Mazzarella because it is the most comprehensive (IMO) and features a number of suggestions for putting the principles into practice so that it is more than just 'head knowledge'. IMO, impression management is the best general framework for examining and applying the concepts of charisma, charm, etc.

Happy reading.
 
Top