"You Can't Argue a Woman Into Liking You"

You made your case like a lawyer. Stable job. Good guy. Ready for something real. All true. All irrelevant.

She weighed your points, nodded along, felt nothing — then fell hard for some tattooed bartender with a motorcycle and a gambling problem.

Logic is where attraction goes to die. The "22 Rules" work a level deeper, on the subconscious switches that decide within minutes whether you register as a MAN or as part of the furniture.

Stop presenting evidence. Start flipping switches.

Read more...

Read Book on Leadership.

jd782

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 17, 2002
Messages
128
Reaction score
0
Location
CA
One thing I have been doing recently is going to book stores. And in the leadership or management section, picking up books written by or about leaders. Such as CEO's, Military Generals, U.S. Presidents, famous sports stars, ETC. General Patton is my favorite one. Learning about their state of mind, what they do to get motivated. How they learned to be sucessful in life.

These books are filled with motivating quotes and ideas. It has helped me get into a positive state of mind. They mention to. Be confident. Have a no quit attitude. And never give up your dreams and goals. ETC.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 29, 2004
Messages
3,282
Reaction score
49
Location
Baltimore, MD
jd782 said:
One thing I have been doing recently is going to book stores. And in the leadership or management section, picking up books written by or about leaders. Such as CEO's, Military Generals, U.S. Presidents, famous sports stars, ETC. General Patton is my favorite one. Learning about their state of mind, what they do to get motivated. How they learned to be sucessful in life.

These books are filled with motivating quotes and ideas. It has helped me get into a positive state of mind. They mention to. Be confident. Have a no quit attitude. And never give up your dreams and goals. ETC.
damn good tip.

I already to do that and have been doing it for almost a year and a half.

My favorite books is Think and Grow Rich, and anything wrote by authors Jack Canfield and Mark Victor Hansen.

comic_relief
 

machoboy

New Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
I agree with "Think and Grow Rich". by Napolean Hill

Another seemily corny titled book - How to win friends and influence people.
by Dale Carnegie.

I am looking into the John Wooden (Amazing coach and philosoper) Books. Rave reviews on Amazon.

Great inner game reads. Interestly the first 2 books were written in th 30's, and then Wooden was born in 1910. Ageless wisdom.

I read the Carnegie book many years ago, and did not appreciate it until I had experience and read it again and saw the insights. (For the most part, I believe without experience there is no learning). The book's are about the author's experiences. Whether the reader can relate will depend on their's.
Same is true about this site and in other aspects in life.

And, success comes after many fails. Fail faster and you will increase your rate of success (learn and adapt). :)
 

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 29, 2004
Messages
3,282
Reaction score
49
Location
Baltimore, MD
machoboy said:
I agree with "Think and Grow Rich". by Napolean Hill

Another seemily corny titled book - How to win friends and influence people.
by Dale Carnegie.

I am looking into the John Wooden (Amazing coach and philosoper) Books. Rave reviews on Amazon.

Great inner game reads. Interestly the first 2 books were written in th 30's, and then Wooden was born in 1910. Ageless wisdom.

I read the Carnegie book many years ago, and did not appreciate it until I had experience and read it again and saw the insights. (For the most part, I believe without experience there is no learning). The book's are about the author's experiences. Whether the reader can relate will depend on their's.
Same is true about this site and in other aspects in life.

And, success comes after many fails. Fail faster and you will increase your rate of success (learn and adapt). :)
Actually, its interesting that you talked about "How to Win Friends and Influence People"

I was just reading that during the superbowl when I was writing a letter to one of my contacts within a not-for-profit company.

Really helped me out to write the letter.

Most of those books are really friggen good to have and read and reread.

comic_relief
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Joined
Nov 17, 2019
Messages
1,863
Reaction score
1,221
I agree with "Think and Grow Rich". by Napolean Hill

Another seemily corny titled book - How to win friends and influence people.
by Dale Carnegie.

I am looking into the John Wooden (Amazing coach and philosoper) Books. Rave reviews on Amazon.

Great inner game reads. Interestly the first 2 books were written in th 30's, and then Wooden was born in 1910. Ageless wisdom.

I read the Carnegie book many years ago, and did not appreciate it until I had experience and read it again and saw the insights. (For the most part, I believe without experience there is no learning). The book's are about the author's experiences. Whether the reader can relate will depend on their's.
Same is true about this site and in other aspects in life.

And, success comes after many fails. Fail faster and you will increase your rate of success (learn and adapt). :)
"fail faster"
 
Top