Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Reacting to late commitment for date

JALX95

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I recently hit it off with this girl and I suggested that we meet up Thursday evening. Its been 2 days since I asked and she hasn't responded.

In my mind this is nothing to worry about and shes probably waiting until the time is closer to formally commit or blow me off. I was thinking of simply not saying anything and if she doesn't get back to me then forgetting about it

How do you guys think I should go about this? Should I hit her up a day or so before the date if I still haven't heard from her. I've been in situations where I've done this and it turned out she just forgot to respond and I had great dates, but I know in most cases, its simply the girl softly rejecting me.

I do want to point out that the girl has seemed very interested and has been asking me what my plans are and what I am up to etc.

What are your thoughts?

Last edited:

Building_and_Loan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd just wait if it was me. Most likely if she had high interest she wouldn't have forgotten to reply.

lizardking82

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't hit her up, move on. Low interest, disrespectful. None forgets to respond, it's about interest level and priorities.

Your aim should not be to sneak your way to some sex here and there, it should be to have fun and it doesn't seem like you're having fun with this one, in fact she's stressing you out.

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
I recently hit it off with this girl and I suggested that we meet up Thursday evening. Its been 2 days since I asked and she hasn't responded.

How do you guys think I should go about this? Should I hit her up a day or so before the date if I still haven't heard from her. I've been in situations where I've done this and it turned out she just forgot to respond and I had great dates, but I know in most cases, its simply the girl softly rejecting me.
I would write back "Still waiting to hear back from you."

Get an answer, don't just move on.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It means you arent first on her list and is likely waiting to see what other options she has. If her first however many options above you dont offer anything then she may accept your offer.

You should be constantly talking to and expanding your dating circles so this has literally no effect on you and if she responds too late you decline the offer and she goes to the back of the line.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would write back "Still waiting to hear back from you."

Get an answer, don't just move on.
Might as well just text "Please go out with me because I have no other options" since you are communicating the same thing.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
On any given day, I am maintaining some form of communication with 2-5 women. I always have a text, an email, a message or a call to get back to.

Sometimes it takes me a while to realize one particular person hasn't responded to me, or that I forgot to respond to them.

Any person who has options is not going to have a strategy on what exactly to do if a text isnt returned.

Next this one, go NC for 4 days with that one, test this other one... I would need a secretary to keep track of all that sh*t.

If you have options, if women are into you, it's hardly going to bruise your ego if you reach out again. So what if she didn't respond before. So what if she doesn't respond again. Takes 30 seconds to do.

Want to reach out? Do it.
Want to move on? Do it.
Want to wait? Do it.

It doesn't matter. All that matters is that you don't get all tied up on one girl and let your hamster run over it. So long as you have that under control, you can respond to this however the hell you want to.

See that's the difference tho...OP apparently doesnt have any other options and this is being communicated to this chick covertly no matter what he does. Yes I agree once you get to a certain level rules go out the window.

OP is nowhere close to this level however and he still needs the training wheels on. This is really not something You can "fake it til you make it" with.

dude99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

In my mind this is nothing to worry about and shes probably waiting until the time is closer to formally commit or blow me off. I was thinking of simply not saying anything and if she doesn't get back to me then forgetting about it

I do want to point out that the girl has seemed very interested and has been asking me what my plans are and what I am up to etc.

What are your thoughts?
Go make new plans with new women. Dont bother to text her. Just go live your life. If she texts you the day of the date aka "jenny come lately," you simply tell her "sorry babe. You waited too long and i made plans. Next time."

Her not responding is her answer. If she does and its that late, you were plan b or plan c.

Reaction score
See that's the difference tho...OP apparently doesnt have any other options and this is being communicated to this chick covertly no matter what he does. Yes I agree once you get to a certain level rules go out the window.

OP is nowhere close to this level however and he still needs the training wheels on. This is really not something You can "fake it til you make it" with.
But many (most?) people will never/can never make it to that level due to something that they're lacking.

Self improvement can only change genetics so much.