Rap and I don't like it!

es_mer8

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah and 9/10 rock songs piss and moan about their crappy love lives.
9/10 pop songs talk about being with someone of the opposite gender.
9/10 country songs talk about being cowboys

Its not like rap is the one and only one to talk about the same subjects. It takes a lot more work to create a classic rap track than a classic rock track.

AC/DC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by es_mer8
Its not like rap is the one and only one to talk about the same subjects. It takes a lot more work to create a classic rap track than a classic rock track.
It's easy to synthesize a beat, and some nice sound effects that please the ears. Lyric writing is easy for those talented at it.

It's kinda difficult to piece together a GOOD rock song. Sure, some classic rock really does suck and match your description... but the GOOD stuff doesn't. You need to have 3 guitars, the same chords on them, a solo following the same rhythm at a different speed... drums to keep the rhythm and keep it interesting and set different tones... it's definitely not easy.

I could say I hate rap, but some of Eminem's songs really speak to me.

You can generalize into this, something we can all agree on: 66% of EVERY genre is worthless EXCEPT for classical music.

AC/DC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by kevbo
lol. mow aff. i used to think he was a lot more awesome, but it sounds to me like he had a few lays one year and let it go to his head. now, he thinks that just 'cause he's screwed more women (as far as he knows) that he's the best guy here.
Aesop once said "Outside brashness is a poor substitute for inner strength".

Hehe you said "Moaf". Hehehehehe.

P.I.M.P.

Don Juan
Reaction score
Funny how a few people on this board claim to be DJ's when it's obvious they're nothing more than drama queens.

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Julian
Tupac and Biggie overrated? To hiphop heads, no. To the mass media, yes. However, they deserve their due credit.

If you want real hiphop peep out

Jedi mind Tricks
7L & Esoteric
Aesop Rock
Atmosphere
Eyedea
Tech N9ne
South park Mexican.
Tupac and Biggie are overrated.. and yes to a lot of hip-hop heads too. And yes, I've heard of all these dudes you mention.

And FYI, Eyedea and Atmosphere are seriously on the way out. All their recent shyt is W - A - C - K. Eyedea and Atmosphere is the same shyt as Tupac and Biggie in Minneapolis... just cause they are from there, they are regarded as some kind of gods. I saw them like 6 times at First Ave. and only once can I say that they truly rocked shyt. After that first Atmosphere joint - they have progressively sucked more and more ass.

Aesop Rock will always be ill. The others I've heard and am ambivalent to.

No one fukks with MF Doom, Grimm and the rest of the M.I.N.Y. crew.

JoE BoXeR

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha getting back on topic now :p (although I did enjoy the music debate)...

If I'm ever in the minority about liking or not liking somethign I don't go around sneering at those who disagree with me (who the f*ck am I to say my opinions are better than everyone elses?) Not to beat around the bush but *broken record kicks in* "to each his own".

Don't pretend to like rap just because the people you chill with do. They'll see right through you and you'll just be another pathetic "poser". It's not your job to try and please everyone (one of the first rules of being a DJ). Don't be prejudice towards it though and write off any song categorized as rap or hip-hop as garbage. It could be argued for hours but there has been amazing songs written for every type of music out there (except that Robert Goulet sh*t :D). If it doesn't speak to you, that's fine. Maybe it will when you're 35. Maybe it never will. Respect the people who do like it though. Odds are they don't think less of you for listening to your rock. If they're gonna shun you for your different tastes than f*ck find a different group of friends who have enough class to not care. If they're "uninterested" in your music and you're "uninterested" in there's than OBVIOUSLY find something else to talk about or else be a little more open minded.

In the end though, this is a pretty f*cking insignificant issue.

MoAF

Don Juan
Reaction score
WU - it sure doesn't sound like you've reached mental nirvana. Do not even begin to insult me by saying I'll end up a cashier... you have no idea the kinds of grades I get and college offers I recieve. You sit and make fun of my name, and say all I do is brag about getting sex... when was the last time I bragged about getting sex? When was the last time I said I was the best guy on the forums? And, when have I ever said sex is all that matters?

The fact is I don't brag, I'm simply [very very] arrogant and you cant take it. This is a site dedicated to helping men get women, wheather you like it or not thats what I am doing [and quite well, btw]. In fact, my step by step blunt advice surly helps more people than your in depth posts on why C+F doesn't work. Thats why I get IMed thank-you's every day.

Kevbo - How is WU stupid!? Have you read any of his posts latey? Zelemont was pretty one-sided in his arguement about music, and so was D's first post, that is why they are stupid.

I'm out, and hoping this thread proceedes on its way to oblivion.

elguato

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by stickboy
Well, I just moved here and it seeems like everyone likes rap music! But I presonaly do not like it at all! NOT AT ALL! (This is no offence to people who like it. We all have our music tastes)

I have a different tase in music then most people. When ever the subject of music comes up with girls, and they say they like RAP. Then they ask me, and I say what I like. (Classical rocky, Rock, Heavy Rock...) They all seem to be uninterested.

Any advice? And please don't tell me to just fake liking rap.
Well I mostly listen to trance, does that mean Im ****ed when it comes to girls who are too materialistically affected by MTV, so they either like rap or rock??? I DONT THINK SO!!!

Reaction score
Black Label Society, Slayer, Pantera, Down, old Metallica, old Suicidal Tendencies, some Ozzy, Sabbath, Cannibal Corpse, Rotting Christ, Superjoint Ritual, Lynard Skynard, Opeth, Iron Maiden, Death, old Sepultura, Bad Wizard, Darkthrone, Venom, Judas Priest, etc.. is bad ass music.

f*ck Slipknot, f*ck new Sh*tallica, f*ck Good Charlotte, f*ck Meshuggah. f*ck C0CK Rock, f*ck Evanescnece, f*ck new age mainstream hip-hop, f*ck eminem, f*ck puff daddy, f*ck kid rock, f*ck MTV, and f*ck poseurs and fans who listen to this garbage.

Just because you like ZZ Top and that hot chick doesn't, you shouldn't try to change YOUR tastes for another person. If she doesn't like the kind of music you listen to she can go drink some bleach.

DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD!! They are mindless sheep who depend on other people's thoughts to navigate their thinking process.

es_mer8

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Tupac and Biggie are overrated.. and yes to a lot of hip-hop heads too. And yes, I've heard of all these dudes you mention.
Biggie is overrated, I agree. Ready to Die was a classic; not a bad track on it. However Life After Death was good. It seemed like the more Puffy put his hands in Biggie's music, the worse it got. I don't need to tell you how Born Again sucked ass. Tupac however is a classic. Even his B level stuff that came out before his death is better than just about every rapper that has come out.

es_mer8, seems to me like you haven't listened to very many different kinds of rock
I've listened to almost all kinds of rock from the sh1t thats played on the radio to death metal to hardcore to grindcore to progressive and so on. Believe me, most of it sucks ass. For me, the only rock I can really stand is the stuff like hardcore because it pumps me up. Rock continues to get crappier and more manufactured as time goes on. Listen to the rock stations - 90% of it sounds the same. The other 10% is when they oddly enough pick the good sh1t that came out in the 80s and early 90s like Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Zelemont

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by es_mer8
Biggie is overrated, I agree. Ready to Die was a classic; not a bad track on it. However Life After Death was good. It seemed like the more Puffy put his hands in Biggie's music, the worse it got. I don't need to tell you how Born Again sucked ass. Tupac however is a classic. Even his B level stuff that came out before his death is better than just about every rapper that has come out.
I agree. I don't see how tupac is overrated at all.

MoAF

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ded_Skin_Mask13
Black Label Society, Slayer, Pantera, Down, old Metallica, old Suicidal Tendencies, some Ozzy, Sabbath, Cannibal Corpse, Rotting Christ, Superjoint Ritual, Lynard Skynard, Opeth, Iron Maiden, Death, old Sepultura, Bad Wizard, Darkthrone, Venom, Judas Priest, etc.. is bad ass music.

f*ck Slipknot, f*ck new Sh*tallica, f*ck Good Charlotte, f*ck Meshuggah. f*ck C0CK Rock, f*ck Evanescnece, f*ck new age mainstream hip-hop, f*ck eminem, f*ck puff daddy, f*ck kid rock, f*ck MTV, and f*ck poseurs and fans who listen to this garbage.

Just because you like ZZ Top and that hot chick doesn't, you shouldn't try to change YOUR tastes for another person. If she doesn't like the kind of music you listen to she can go drink some bleach.

DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD!! They are mindless sheep who depend on other people's thoughts to navigate their thinking process.
Don't lay down on mainstream... its mainstream for a reason. I'll agree tons of it is crap, but so is tons of the stuff by ppl you listed. Everyone makes good/bad songs in every genere.

Reaction score
you sayin you don't like metal?

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Zelemont
I agree. I don't see how tupac is overrated at all.
I guess it's all a matter of opinion.. I never really got into his music, nor really understood what all the hype surrounding him was. That's why I think he's overrated. To me the peak of the West Coast 'gangsta" records were NWA's "Straight outta Compton" and Ice-T's "Original Gangster" (a truly UNDERRATED joint if there was one! )

drixsa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Zelemont
How can you argue that rap has better lyrics than classic rock? Even if alot of rock was as you described, which it isnt, it would still be better than the typical rap song about their love affair with marijuana, their "hoes", their ugly ass, tacky cars, their money, how cool they think they are, and whatever other nonsense most of those numb-minded rappers can come up with (which usually isnt much else..) There are some good rappers out there, but not many.
the lyrics overall are about the same things: sex, drugs, and all the bullshiat in between. its just presented differently.

the one thing i like about rap as oppose to most rock is that the lyrics dont imply all this sad BS about being in love and then losing it. a lot of it sounds like a newbie cryin his eyes out. they just make better lyrics out of it.

drixsa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by AC/DC
Oh, I'm stupid?

This is coming from "MOW AFF", the guy who lost his virginity to a girl with a really homely face?

C'mon insulting his user name? what's next his mother's maiden name?

and makin fun of him for who he chose to do that with is not to be made fun of.

Funny part is, you say your advice was better. I'd say the only improvement was your pottymouth.
The honest truth is his advice is better. its the quality not the quanity.

drixsa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by kevbo
lol. mow aff. i used to think he was a lot more awesome, but it sounds to me like he had a few lays one year and let it go to his head. now, he thinks that just 'cause he's screwed more women (as far as he knows) that he's the best guy here.

well, that's all i can think of to say, even though it didn't quite come out the way i wanted it to (as usual). i think you'll all get the idea, though.
its a little ironic that most of what ive heard you say here is along the lines of "all people do here is try to be accepted on this site and seem cool."

yet whenever i see WUWD reply i see a post by kevbo givin WUWD constant useless support.

MoAF

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ded_Skin_Mask13
you sayin you don't like metal?
Oh HELL no! When I said I like EVERYTHING I meant it!

I think ppl put too much care into how they present themselves on this forum. Out of all the posters I probably piss most everyone off at one time or another, but who gives a ****? If you don't like the content of my posts, don't read it. And if I post false advice [hah], point out what you don't agree with and support it with facts. Untill then, good ****ing day ;)

Reaction score
good ****ing day to you to.