Rap and I don't like it!

stickboy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I just moved here and it seeems like everyone likes rap music! But I presonaly do not like it at all! NOT AT ALL! (This is no offence to people who like it. We all have our music tastes)

I have a different tase in music then most people. When ever the subject of music comes up with girls, and they say they like RAP. Then they ask me, and I say what I like. (Classical rocky, Rock, Heavy Rock...) They all seem to be uninterested.

Any advice? And please don't tell me to just fake liking rap.

wh01987

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hate rap too for the most part. ROCK ON!

blinkin_winkin

Don Juan
Reaction score
Definitely don't start faking that you like something. If you don't like it then that's not a problem. It shouldn't be a problem at all.

Maybe just don't talk about music. I don't understand how they could become uninterested in you just because you dislike rap. That seems way too shallow.

Psycho`Sexual

Don Juan
Reaction score
Agree to Disagree

Okay, so what if you dont like rap.

Dont go out there and tell people that you dislike it. I might not like something, and therefore I dont bring it up.

Dont talk about thing you dont like, and nobody will care. Besides, listen to some underground rap, and other music besides the mainstreet ****.

You might actually like it if you listen to music with meanings, other then just a bunch of bouncy **** about money and cars and ho's.

Steel Dragon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Curse of Rap

Guys, most girls like rap nowadays and my simple solution was to woo them with some classic rock. I'm talking Aerosmith, Ac/Dc, hell, even the Stones got some attention. Try it out...also the chicks in my area love Journey. I suggest you get a journey cd. There is some real hot girls where I live that sometimes wear tight girl size concert/band t-shirts. Once I seen a 9 wearin at black rolling stones t-shirt with just the classic tongue logo, i almost died she looked so gorgeous. For rockers, thats the type we like, i don't know what you're into

stickboy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Agree to Disagree

Originally posted by Psycho`Sexual
Okay, so what if you dont like rap.

Dont go out there and tell people that you dislike it. I might not like something, and therefore I dont bring it up.

Dont talk about thing you dont like, and nobody will care. Besides, listen to some underground rap, and other music besides the mainstreet ****.

You might actually like it if you listen to music with meanings, other then just a bunch of bouncy **** about money and cars and ho's.
Sorry If I didn't make my post clear.

I don't go out and just say "I don't like rap" Music usually comes up in conversations. I will say what I like. Then most of the time they will ask, "Don't you like rap?" I am not going to lie. So I will say I don't really.

Also. Umm, Did I say I listened to mainstreet ****?

I listen to mostly classic rock. Though there are some new artists that I like (But mostly classic rock) Girls just don't seem to dig classic rock.

The reason I don't like RAP, is because it just doesn't interest me. (And I don't want to turn this into some music fight. Because music is a very personal choice, and you have right to choose what kind of music you listen to)

AC/DC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CLASSIC ROCK ROXORZ!
AC/DC, Aerosmith, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Guns N Roses, Led Zeppelin, METALLICA!!!!, Pink Floyd, Queen, Van Halen

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by AC/DC
CLASSIC ROCK ROXORZ!
AC/DC, Aerosmith, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Guns N Roses, Led Zeppelin, METALLICA!!!!, Pink Floyd, Queen, Van Halen
how boring.

stickboy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
CLASSIC ROCK ROXORZ!
Love them all!

mrsoy

Don Juan
Reaction score
old school rap man, DRE,NWA,Snoop Dogg,Biggie Smalls,some de la soul and tribe called quest.

this new rap sh!t like chingy and lil bow wow is the gayest sh!t ive ever heard.

but nothing will replace hendrix or cream

Titus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Rap, with the oncome of the 90ies and the dreaded MTV, had suffered the same horrible fate as lots of other music styles. From, blacks! fight for your right!, it had become just a trademark for shoes, cars, clothes, alcohol, even turism, and other things that sell well.
It's becomed watered down. Just like the hippies, glamrock, punk and lots of other music styles before it.

tasteofcindy

Reaction score
Music is in pretty bad shape these days. Its just like the eighties, except the underground isn't as strong.

jaye

Don Juan
Reaction score
You should give hip hop/rap music a chance, listen to it a little more. I personally don't dislike any music genre, I just like some over others. Every genre has good songs and good artists that are pleasant to the ear.

I grew up in East Jersey, then South Cali, so my tastes are very hip hop influenced.

The artist that really got me into rap was Tupac, download this song, and I gurantee you'll feel a lot better about the music.

Changes, Tupac Shakur

Modern hip hop is oversaturated with references to sex, drugs, and alcohol, and fake references to the streets - when most of these guys don't know where the hell the streets are even located.

It might sound cliche, but Tupac is probably the realest rapper, because what he raps he actually feels and lived through.

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Probably because you're fat.
huh? I actually like those bands you mention, particularly when I was your age - I just think if THAT'S ALL YOU LISTEN TO. It's boring. Experiment. Broaden your horizons. Live a little. It's a good thing. And it keeps you from sounding like an idiot.

D

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by jaye

It might sound cliche, but Tupac is probably the realest rapper, because what he raps he actually feels and lived through.
Ever since Tupac and B.I.G. died they've been mythologized into these "Messiahs of Rap". Please. Can you say over-rated? They are no better than a lot of guys around today.

Tupac the realest rapper ever? I admit that "realness" is a wholly subjective term, but Tupac must be the only hip-hop you listen to!

Listen to Big-L, Gang Starr, Jeru tha Damaja, early Mobb Deep, or Nas' first two albums (and that's just for starters) if you want realness.

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Agree to Disagree

Originally posted by stickboy

I listen to mostly classic rock. Though there are some new artists that I like (But mostly classic rock) Girls just don't seem to dig classic rock.

Because to them it's boring music (most of the shyt they play on classic rock radio IS garbage - don't even try and defend Fleetwood Mac, Journey, Boston, Kansas, Foreigner, Night Ranger, Peter Frampton, etal..... need I go on??) played by boring old farts. Besides you can't dance to Led Zeppellin.

D

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Tupac and Biggie overrated? To hiphop heads, no. To the mass media, yes. However, they deserve their due credit.

If you want real hiphop peep out

Jedi mind Tricks
7L & Esoteric
Aesop Rock
Atmosphere
Eyedea
Tech N9ne
South park Mexican.

If your not down with that, well then your just a bitsh.

"Modern hip hop is oversaturated with references to sex, drugs, and alcohol, and fake references to the streets - when most of these guys don't know where the hell the streets are even located."

They are what are referred to as studio rappers, and they arent anything new.

Sex and drugs sells. Literally. So its only natural for it to sell in music, especially if you have some phat beats attached to the lyrics.

I look at it like this, there has to be mainstream, there has to be the bling rap and all that, because if their wasnt then their would be no "underground". Personally i dont give a fukk what people think, if it sounds good it sounds good and thats that. (wow thats a redundant sentence)

Whats wrong with Chingy and Bow Wow? They're making their money, "Right Thurr" is a huge club hit and it gets the ladies asses shaking when im their, which benefits me. Sure, i dont listen to BowWow, but hes doing his thing making his money.

The kid is like 16 and is driving in exotic sports cars. I gotta give him props for that ish.

Anyway, dont hate. If you dont like it dont listen to it. Bitshes.