Rap and I don't like it!

es_mer8

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
How about you open your mind to rap?

Rock is for b1tch pu$$ies because most songs anymore just have them pissing and moaning about how their love life sucks. At least rappers rap with confidence and write more than 5 lines of lyrics and just repeat it over like rock.

Zelemont

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How can you argue that rap has better lyrics than classic rock? Even if alot of rock was as you described, which it isnt, it would still be better than the typical rap song about their love affair with marijuana, their "hoes", their ugly ass, tacky cars, their money, how cool they think they are, and whatever other nonsense most of those numb-minded rappers can come up with (which usually isnt much else..) There are some good rappers out there, but not many.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Zelemont you are so obviously biased that your opinion means nothing. Stfu.

stickboy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well this topic has obviously gone off its original topic. Thanks guys, but I think I will ask this somewhere else.

MoAF

Don Juan
Reaction score
Expand your horizons, listen to everything. The chance of you listening to 100 raps songs and not liking at least 5 is minute. Just listen to the radio stations everyone else does once and a while, and feel the beet of the music. Your a DJ, you need to be open minded.

stickboy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MoAF
Expand your horizons, listen to everything. The chance of you listening to 100 raps songs and not liking at least 5 is minute. Just listen to the radio stations everyone else does once and a while, and feel the beet of the music. Your a DJ, you need to be open minded.
I am open minded. I have listened to RAP for a whole day before. I am just not interested in it. I am pretty sure there is some music you don't like (Country, classical, or maybe some others) Im not going to curse you because of your music choices. It is all your own decision. So please don't try and make me listen to stuff that I m not interested in.

As I said in my other post. This thread has gone off-topic and there were only 2 people that helped (or tried to help) me. I knew I should of gone and asked this somewhere there are more mature people. (Or I can just wait for the people that I know are mature and will answer this question)

When I first joined this board over 2 years ago, it was a great board. Great Advice.

But now there are very few people with good advice. Most of them are stucked up. Don't know what they are talking about. And also are smart asses.

I am not talking about everyone on this board or who responded to this message. But I guess I will have to start asking questions by email, to people that actually know what they are talking about. Or try the Don Juan Discussion where there are probbaly more mature people.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You dont like rap...big deal, dont go and make it known that you dont. If someone youre around is listenin to it just deal with it. Its not going to kill you. Try to get them to listen to some of the stuff you listen to.

AC/DC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Julian
Zelemont you are so obviously biased that your opinion means nothing. Stfu.
Biased? Maybe. But at least it seems rockers don't resort to telling people "STFU" now do they?

They say music speaks to you and can make you smarter or dumber...

And now we have living proof.

MoAF

Don Juan
Reaction score
Stick, you are a little *****. There was plenty of good advice on this thread [amidst the flame war], but it just wasn't what you wanted to hear. Don't talk about seeking a more mature audience for your posts, because a few of the posters on this thread are out of HS, and still flamed you. You need to grow up, I doubt you listened to rap for a whole day and did not hear one song that you enjoyed. And no, there is not a type of music I do not like. From Tribal chants to country, from classical to christian rock, from rap to blues, from trance to pop, I have thousands of songs on my computer from virtually every music catagory. When anyone talks about music I can be involved in the conversation because I have broad horizons, I am a well cultured person, and I love music and respect others opinions.

When other people say they listen to only death metal I say "well, to each their own"

But you are a DJ, and when you come here and say "I never listen to rap" I tell you to kill that poor attitude, because I know that it translates to other aspects of your life. Thats just how things work. The problem isn't everyone else, its you.

Oh yeah, And Classic Rock is AWESOME... ACDC - all night long/TNT... omg! ZZ top - La Grange... AHHH!!! But if you ever need to grab a girl and gride her till she's moaning your first middle and last name so loud the pope can hear, what better than rap... Brat + Tyreese - What 'chu like, Nas - Ochiwalliwalli, Xzibit - Get your walk on [ok, so you cant freak to it, but its just such an awesome song!].

WU - your stupid. zelemont, your usually smart but in this thread you were stupid. D = stupid. Julian, man, where are you from... you listed some awesome songs!

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You could also try not posting it in two forums...

Psycho`Sexual

Don Juan
Reaction score
So i heard ya'll wanna float?

Originally posted by Julian
Aesop Rock

I float, while everyone around me's busy drowning, I float. heh!

AC/DC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MoAF
WU - your stupid. zelemont, your usually smart but in this thread you were stupid. D = stupid. Julian, man, where are you from... you listed some awesome songs!
Oh, I'm stupid?

This is coming from "MOW AFF", the guy who lost his virginity to a girl with a really homely face?

I was agreeing with you but then you had to call me stupid... and DIESEL too... and from all the time I've been here, most people know that calling me names unleashes a tidal wave of cuss words and unheard-of profanities.

Funny part is, you say your advice was better. I'd say the only improvement was your pottymouth.

MoAF

Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol, so if you're not stupid, and such a good dj, post a FR [a true one, btw] where you actually get some, haha.

AC/DC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Having virginity or not having it is not a measure of anything.

Takes a mature person to say that.

Immature guys brag only about their muscles and sex. You may not look 16, and you may fool girls, but it shows here how old you are.

I don't need to post a field report to "prove" how good I am.

I have achieved a mental nirvana and that's good enough. I believe in myself, that I can acheive anything.

Even with all the sex you're getting, you are going to end up as a clerk or cashier. In the end, that's what really matters.

Come on Anthony, you're smarter than this.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by AC/DC
Having virginity or not having it is not a measure of anything.

Takes a mature person to say that.

Immature guys brag only about their muscles and sex. You may not look 16, and you may fool girls, but it shows here how old you are.

I don't need to post a field report to "prove" how good I am.

I have achieved a mental nirvana and that's good enough. I believe in myself, that I can acheive anything.

Even with all the sex you're getting, you are going to end up as a clerk or cashier. In the end, that's what really matters.

Come on Anthony, you're smarter than this.
...0WN3D!!!

kevbo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by AC/DC
Oh, I'm stupid?

This is coming from "MOW AFF", the guy who lost his virginity to a girl with a really homely face?

I was agreeing with you but then you had to call me stupid... and DIESEL too... and from all the time I've been here, most people know that calling me names unleashes a tidal wave of cuss words and unheard-of profanities.

Funny part is, you say your advice was better. I'd say the only improvement was your pottymouth.
lol. mow aff. i used to think he was a lot more awesome, but it sounds to me like he had a few lays one year and let it go to his head. now, he thinks that just 'cause he's screwed more women (as far as he knows) that he's the best guy here.

and moaf, you did have a good point when you said that stuff about broadening your horizons or whatever, and i agree with that. i can listen to any genre 'cause i've gone out and found good songs all over the place. however, you didn't seem to back up your comments about all those people being stupid. that's all you said, "you're stupid."

also, as for rock being all about bad love lives, that's not really true. there is a lot of that in the more soft rock, but if you get into the good stuff (anything from classic to punk) it's a lot less afc. rappers aren't all drug/sex-obsessed either. again, it depends on what you're listening to. if you listen to certain people, it does sound like that. some also rap about being depressed and stuff. again, however, you can get some good stuff if you know where to look.

es_mer8, seems to me like you haven't listened to very many different kinds of rock. true, a lot of the softer rock is like that, and there are quite a few songs in other types of rock that are like that, but if you really get into rock you'll find a lot of songs that aren't about crappy love lives. in my opinion, punk rock seems to be the best there cause of songs like "life after lisa" by bowling for soup, "the little things" by good charlotte, and "right now" by sr-71 (my all-time favorite song). they don't care about getting rejected or anything. they know it makes them stronger and that they will be just fine without these women.

well, that's all i can think of to say, even though it didn't quite come out the way i wanted it to (as usual). i think you'll all get the idea, though.

Brazilian_Blues_Boy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, after all the sh!t that this thread has started, I guess we can conclude this:

When the subject comes to music... stay quiet or, change the subject :)

BBB

Zelemont

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How am I wrong? I would say at least 9/10 rap songs are about the topics I listed. As I said, there are some good rappers. How am I biased against rap if I like it?