how daft are girls? i mean, do they seriously believe that you just want to be their friend? do they really think it is more fun hanging out with them than with the guys? wake up girls! you're bugging me. sorry for the rant...
She asks it casually, mid-sip. And you feel the floor open up, because the honest answer is work, gym, and a couple shows you're half-watching.
Women rarely say this out loud, but a man with a life is attractive before he says a word. The guy who spent Saturday deep-sea fishing and came back with photos and a story — he walks in already interesting.
The "22 Rules" pushed me to build a life worth talking about. Turns out the fastest way to be interesting to women is to be interested in your own life first.
When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.
Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.
Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.
The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.
YES. They do. I suppose it is preferable to a girl to have a mindset that everyone is friendly versus the reality that everyone wants to sleep with her.Originally posted by golf299
how daft are girls? i mean, do they seriously believe that you just want to be their friend?
Girls are able to be friends with a guy and not want to have sex with them. In most cases, if a guy wants to "be friends" with a girl it's because he wants to have sex with her. Males and females are totally different in this way. So, no, girls aren't "daft", guys are just not being honest about their intentions. Since females don't think like males do, and are not mind readers, guys have to stop pretending to be friends when they really want to have sex with a girl.Originally posted by golf299
how daft are girls? i mean, do they seriously believe that you just want to be their friend? do they really think it is more fun hanging out with them than with the guys? wake up girls! you're bugging me. sorry for the rant...
Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."
You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.
She's been waiting forty minutes.
Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.
Well, it can happen. But, you need a friendship on some level for a relationship to work. If your not best or at least good friends before a romantic relationship, then usually you end up being best friends as well as lovers. That's what I have observed from seeing heathy relationships.Originally posted by WestCoaster
... I dated or married my best friend? Really?!! I find that extremely hard to believe. I have a lot of friends, some girls, but there's definitely a difference between gals I want to date and gals I want as friends. I've rarely -- if ever -- seen these "friendships" evolve into marriage.
She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.
You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.
She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.
The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.
I suppose that is true for most guys, but us Nice Guys are a little different. I myself have been friends with plenty of women. There were some cases where I could have been more then friends, but that was back when I was going through a depression stage and was filled with self hatered.Originally posted by Trance
Guys cant have beautifull girl friends, they will want to **** them. All our girl friends are ugly anoying sometimes, and we just want them for social proof, introducing girls, ego, etc...
It's not ridiculous at all. Women do develop feelings for men they have considered friends. It happens all the time. Just because guys like to only pretend you are their friend doesn't mean the woman is pretending. The woman just also happens to be attracted to the guy she was friends with and one of them let the other know they wanted more.Originally posted by dietzcoi
Agree with Westcosaster...
Married to our best friend? Ridiculous!
You are married to your lover. Lovers and friends are two different animals.
I would not want to be married to my best friend... why would anybody want that? If you divorce, no more best friend......
Dietzcoi
That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?
She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."
She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.
I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.
Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.
Actually, most women never even think about it. Christ, we aren't mind readers and what guys consider as being "obvious" signs of interest usually aren't even noticed by most girls and women. I was in my 30's before I realized that men who act like a friend to a woman probablly just wants to get in her pants. Guys have a tendency to misunderstand women mostly because they think women think the same way they do and that's just not the case most of the time. There are a few women who think like men, but most don't. We don't equate every male-female interaction we have in a sexual way like men tend to do. For instance, if we strike up a conversation with a guy we aren't thinking to ourselves about whether or not we'd like to have sex with him or wonder what he looks like naked. We aren't sizing up his crotch like men do with womens' breasts. The thinking is on an entirely different wavelength. If you try to figure out what a girl or woman is thinking or how she's seeing things the absolute worst way to do it is to view what she does through the eyes of a male. You'll get it all arse-backwards if you do that.Originally posted by Kidquick
It's important not to underestimate women - most likely they are well aware of the subtle power they have over any man, friend or not.