Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Radiohead- Creep. Can ever an alpha embody its meaning?

deltabeta

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just refreshed my memories by hearing this song which juxtaposes protagonist physically and mentally against a possible HB? He notices the difference between himself and her, and realizes he's not good enough or she's out of his league. What makes this song beautiful for me is the self-realization and awareness that makes the guy think that something needs to change and he's thinking in absolutes (perfect body, perfect soul, etc). It might also indicate a possible oneitis but I can't be sure because he just might've been impressed by a woman who overlaps his defined feminine characteristics, which might've inspired him to see the deviance in his masculinity from the socially constructed one.

But there's something about this song that smells beta, its possibly when he self-depreciates himself (creep, weirdo). So, my question being: Can you imagine an Alpha embodying the meaning (along the lines of the above paragraph) of this song?

I understand that there might be other interpretations of this song but I wanted to contextualize it on the grounds of masculinity.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know, it's a pretty beta song IMO. Maybe the ultimate beta song, really.

The whole "I don't belong here" bit, the guy is not comfortable in his skin, he's not comfortable in his environment. And as you say, he's putting the woman on a pedestal because of her beauty.

It's all understandable from a male perspective, but there's nothing "alpha" about it that I can see.

Reykhel

Banned
Reaction score
This song is the ultimate low self esteem and bad concept song

what place would it have in a dj forum. none

what's your address son? I'm going to kill your puppies

Reykhel

Banned
Reaction score
....Radiohead do have a song called "Like Spinning Plates"

but again, I really doubt he had the DJ mindset in his ideas.....

maybe good breakup songs if you feel like doing yourself in...but generally not a good idea

deltabeta

Don Juan
Reaction score
....Radiohead do have a song called "Like Spinning Plates"

but again, I really doubt he had the DJ mindset in his ideas.....

maybe good breakup songs if you feel like doing yourself in...but generally not a good idea
Yeah post RP it seems unbelievable why someone would write and sing a song like Creep and be commended for that.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah post RP it seems unbelievable why someone would write and sing a song like Creep and be commended for that.
I think the value of the song is that most guys can relate to having felt that way at some point or other.

deltabeta

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the value of the song is that most guys can relate to having felt that way at some point or other.
Yes, I think its more about relating to feeling that way at some point than actually being in the position of powerlessness that most people like about the song. I certainly felt that way a few years ago and this song just reminded me of that time.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Selling beta-guy lyrics to women has been a very successful business model for a long time. Buddy Holly had it figured out in the 1950's. Elvis did, too. I'm not saying Radiohead is a girl band, plenty of guys liked Buddy Holly and Elvis, too, but selling to women makes money. If you can make attractive women like something, the interest of men will naturally follow.

Last edited:

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think Creep is a song aimed mainly at young men, although I have heard a woman say she related to it as well. Women feel awkward too sometimes.

One thing that song is not is a "Disney fairy tale".

deltabeta

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I don't think the guy in Creep actually felt oneitis for the lady/girl although its a possibility. Like I said, he might have seen a really beautiful woman who's perfect in every sense. Its easier to think of it in pure theoretical way.

deltabeta

Don Juan
Reaction score
I personally think it's meaningless to try to dissect songs. They're really not that profound.

In my opinion, guys want to be rockstars simply because they want gratification and adulation. They know that self deprecating lyrics and/or subservience to women is what sells. Don't get caught up in somebody else's mindset. Most songs are mental pollution for the DJ in my opinion.

Remember that the vast majority of songs by male singers seem to be 100% self deprecating and self disrespecting, while lyrics from women are all about accusing guys of f****** them over and of women being empowered and better and just overall celebrating life. Don't abalyze or become part of that bullshiat. It's all designed to get you to buy the product from the music and the advertisements. That's all it is and nothing more.
I'm just amazed to see all the bull**** they tell you. I kinda started to realize that we were living in a false reality in the 11th grade and the whole world changed. I couldn't talk to people about it (most of highschool is filled with dumb ****s) because they were like wtf is wrong with you. Now I'm in the university, still there is this stigma where you can't share what you feel without offending people and freaking PC police is onto you. Lol. But I get what you're trying to say.

Yewki

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But there's something about this song that smells beta...
Dude. The song is the epitome of beta. The lyrics are about putting a girl on the most supreme of pedestals. He's willing to sacrifice or do anything for her ("whatever makes you happy, whatever you want... I want a perfect body, I want a perfect soul"). He values her immensely, even greater than himself ("you're just like an angel, your skin makes me cry... I want you to notice when I'm not around, you're so f*cking special, I wish I was special"). He is depressed and filled with deep regret that she doesn't like him to the point of possibly being suicidal ("I'm a creep, I'm a weirdo, what the hell am I doing here, I don't belong here").

Can anyone name a more beta mainstream song? Does one exist?

By the way, ironically enough I actually like the song. I dig the passion of the lyrics and the instrumentals are fantastic.