R.I.P. James "Beam us up Scotty" Doohan

Paradox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow. Thanks for posting that. I heard he was a really great guy. He lived a full life. He was 85 when he passed.

I have to add that alot of NASA Engineers say that they got into engineering because of him/his TV character.

Yotsuya-san

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Paradox
Wow. Thanks for posting that. I heard he was a really great guy. He lived a full life. He was 85 when he passed.

I have to add that alot of NASA Engineers say that they got into engineering because of him/his TV character.
Yep, he definitely was a great guy. Met him (and got his autograph) at two cons in the 80s and you can tell that he's one of the few cast members who truly enjoys meeting the fans at cons.
You're absolutely right about a lot of NASA engineers. I think Mr. Doohan had a ton of honorary PhDs because of it.

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Yotsuya-san
Met him (and got his autograph) at two cons in the 80s and you can tell that he's one of the few cast members who truly
waw, I have trouble admiting that I even watch Start Treck, And here he goes and tells us he goes to conventions. Do you dress up too?

Joe The Homophobe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by spider_007
waw, I have trouble admiting that I even watch Start Treck, And here he goes and tells us he goes to conventions. Do you dress up too?
why do you have trouble admitting you like star trek? Captain Kirk is one of my heroes. Always in control of his situation taking care of his crew.

Rest in Peace Scotty.

thefonz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Little piece of trivia for conversation, courtesy of fonzie......the popular phrase "Beam me up, Scotty" was never delivered in any Star Trek episode