Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Quit drinking

SayWhat

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi guys

Since february till about the end of september I've been drinking 2-3 beers a day. During the weekends it was even more when I was out with friends. Even though this was not extreme and I did this because I was emotionally a bit down, I felt this was not a good lifestyle. My work or gym schedule didn't suffer, but still.

Since october I drastically reduced my alcohol intake, I still drink from time to time (during weekends or on social occassions, but not at home anymore).

What a difference! I feel so much better during the day, I'm more talkative, more energy,... And even though those 2-3 drinks a day didn't give me a hangover the next day, completely cutting off has made such a difference. The day following the days where I still drink, I notice it. I'm more down, less prone to talk to people,...

I only hope this is not a placebo effect or some effect that wears off after a few weeks.

The next step is completely stop drinking, this will be very difficult as I still enjoy a good beer on a hot day or on certain occassions. But my advice, if you are in the same situation as I was, drastically reduce your alcohol intake.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
most people don't undersrand 'moderation'...

it's either 1. ban the stuff

or 2. drink till you're blind....

both positions are dumb.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Best of luck. I know I couldn't do it. Most of the chicks I'm attracted to and generally get are drinkers who I meet at paces that involve drinking.

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My situation is very similar to yours and I can tell you, I feel immensely better since I cut back. I am getting to the point now wehre I don't even feel like getting a drink during social occasions. Drinking tends to shadow a low self-esteem, and give people that false confidence. I would rather drink water or tea now.

Oddly enough, what also helped is attracting women who don't drink much. My main girl now drinks maybe one drink one day a week, my exgf would drink the same or less. A couple of my plates from earlier this year were the same. Funny enough, my exwife still drinks quite a bit...

SayWhat

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My situation is very similar to yours and I can tell you, I feel immensely better since I cut back. I am getting to the point now wehre I don't even feel like getting a drink during social occasions. Drinking tends to shadow a low self-esteem, and give people that false confidence. I would rather drink water or tea now.

Oddly enough, what also helped is attracting women who don't drink much. My main girl now drinks maybe one drink one day a week, my exgf would drink the same or less. A couple of my plates from earlier this year were the same. Funny enough, my exwife still drinks quite a bit...
I don’t think I’ll ever completely cut back even though I told so in the first post, but after thinking about it... I also want girls who don’t mind a drink.

The few girlfriends I had also liked a drink and there is something to getting drunk together. The sex than was also more uninhibited and animalistic. Which is not bad at all.

But yeah getting so drunk that you’ll spend the next day completely hungover, hell no.

Reykhel

Banned
Reaction score
Hi guys

Since february till about the end of september I've been drinking 2-3 beers a day. During the weekends it was even more when I was out with friends. Even though this was not extreme and I did this because I was emotionally a bit down, I felt this was not a good lifestyle. My work or gym schedule didn't suffer, but still.

Since october I drastically reduced my alcohol intake, I still drink from time to time (during weekends or on social occassions, but not at home anymore).

What a difference! I feel so much better during the day, I'm more talkative, more energy,... And even though those 2-3 drinks a day didn't give me a hangover the next day, completely cutting off has made such a difference. The day following the days where I still drink, I notice it. I'm more down, less prone to talk to people,...

I only hope this is not a placebo effect or some effect that wears off after a few weeks.

The next step is completely stop drinking, this will be very difficult as I still enjoy a good beer on a hot day or on certain occassions. But my advice, if you are in the same situation as I was, drastically reduce your alcohol intake.
Mate **** this talk
You're thinking Extreme Extreme