[Question] Is there a way to differentiate a test of courage from an insult?

BorisBeef

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been reading a lot, two months ago I did not know what the red pill and the manosphere were.
Gentlemen, I wanted to tell you about a doubt and insecurity (I am a very insecure and shy person, but I am fighting against that crap every day) I wanted to answer some comments that seemed interesting to me, but they had been from 2 years ago.
The theme is the following: Sh!t Test.
I have started to reflect these days and I have discovered that these tests have been done to me and I have never responded correctly.
the times I did it was because I didn't get the intention.
From what I understand, it is a probe that women send to evaluate men, and I have seen this more often in these last days, towards me as well as other men on the street. I changed my behavior and posture, it is worth noting, I looked in the mirror and said "Enough Boris of being that pusillanimous person who avoids relationships, from now on you are going to face your fears"
This situation happened to me today: Supermarket cashier:
There is a supermarket cashier that I frequent, I used to see her serving customers with a sour face, when it's my turn I always see a transformation on her face, I'm not talking about smiles, blushes or any other gesture that indicates sexual attraction. Rather, I see her in a serious mode, as if she were concentrating her scattered energy. She treats me kindly, behaves funnily with her colleagues, etc. He forgets to charge me for a shampoo, to which I look at the bag and ask him: Did you by any chance charge me for the Shampoo? To which he looks to his left and sees that he forgot. I reply gracefully, "He was hiding." And he returns the comment: "Maybe he didn't want you to bathe" I just laughed and answered him, probably. How would you interpret this comment? I would like to know what some of the experts in this community think. I feel deep down that I have never tried to understand what the game is, I knew that deep down there was a dynamic in relationships, but I avoided it as much as possible. My run-ins with women in my teens weren't a problem, they were sketchy, but they were completely natural. But now I wish to change for the better. If you have any tips to improve or something that you did to improve self-esteem even gradually, I thank you.

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Insults are good opportunities if you have the right attitude.

Stanley

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not following, you interchange he and she in the second chunk of text. Is the cashier who is messing with you a man or woman?

Regardless this exchange comes across more as playful banter with someone in service, it isn't necessarily indicative of attraction or testing.

I have been reading a lot,
What have you read thus far?

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Insults are good opportunities if you have the right attitude.
I'm sure this is a valuable mindset for the Russian Gulag.

BorisBeef

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not following, you interchange he and she in the second chunk of text. Is the cashier who is messing with you a man or woman?

Regardless this exchange comes across more as playful banter with someone in service, it isn't necessarily indicative of attraction or testing.

What have you read thus far?
Yes, there was a typing error, the cashier was a woman all the time.
Well, I must say that I am not a great reader, but going from 0 to 1 I feel that it is a very big change.
I'm finishing Rational Male, which is what brought me here. And from this page I also started with the path of men, which is interesting.
A book I had on my shelf by Desmond Morris on intimate behavior as well. I think that's what that's all I'm reading about sexuality.
The topics on this page seem extremely interesting to me, it may seem banal, but I would have liked to have people of these characteristics in my youth formation.

Stanley

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, there was a typing error, the cashier was a woman all the time.
Well, I must say that I am not a great reader, but going from 0 to 1 I feel that it is a very big change.
I'm finishing Rational Male, which is what brought me here. And from this page I also started with the path of men, which is interesting.
A book I had on my shelf by Desmond Morris on intimate behavior as well. I think that's what that's all I'm reading about sexuality.
The topics on this page seem extremely interesting to me, it may seem banal, but I would have liked to have people of these characteristics in my youth formation.
You should 100% go read Pook, You can read free online.

By path of men do you mean Way of Men by Jack Donovan? If so i'd go into that knowing he is by all accounts an extremist and has some very out of pocket views. Don't know how conducive that would be to being successful with women, although i've not read that book so maybe another poster here can chime in.

BorisBeef

Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh yes I almost forgot that I have also started reading the Book of Pook.
You should 100% go read Pook, You can read free online.

By path of men do you mean Way of Men by Jack Donovan? If so i'd go into that knowing he is by all accounts an extremist and has some very out of pocket views. Don't know how conducive that would be to being successful with women, although i've not read that book so maybe another poster here can chime in.