Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Question for fellow DJ Hinge users

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First - please spare me the mantra of “just meet women IRL”. I do that too.

Question is for those who use Hinge - this is obviously a bit different than Tinder or Bumble where you simply swipe left or right. You have the option to like anything in their profile and can send a message along with it if you choose to. The question is do you simply like something with no message or do you find a message gets the conversation going more often?

I haven’t been able to tell any discernible difference with whether I simply like something and don’t have a message associated with it or not. Wasn’t sure others experiences.

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I set hinge up yesterday in the UK, and they all look like they're looking for Leonardo Dicaprio. Every woman has upper class utilities in the background,

I best go to the Merc dealership and take some pics lmao

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I set hinge up yesterday in the UK, and they all look like they're looking for Leonardo Dicaprio. Every woman has upper class utilities in the background,

I best go to the Merc dealership and take some pics lmao
Here in the States I’ve actually had better quality women off Hinge. It’s basically the only dating app I use anymore.

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here in the States I’ve actually had better quality women off Hinge.
sure not doubting their quality, ill have to upload some pics, they all look like models or wanna be. with quite good backdrops.

Reaction score
Just comment on something on one of their pictures and go from there. Beware, yes Hinge can get you results but it's the most taxing out of the three apps. If you want to strictly get laid then I would recommend tinder.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
First - please spare me the mantra of “just meet women IRL”. I do that too.

Question is for those who use Hinge - this is obviously a bit different than Tinder or Bumble where you simply swipe left or right. You have the option to like anything in their profile and can send a message along with it if you choose to. The question is do you simply like something with no message or do you find a message gets the conversation going more often?

I haven’t been able to tell any discernible difference with whether I simply like something and don’t have a message associated with it or not. Wasn’t sure others experiences.
I always send a message. The good thing it limits how long it can be so you need to keep it brief and to the point but I always try to add a little humor in there.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I always send a message. The good thing it limits how long it can be so you need to keep it brief and to the point but I always try to add a little humor in there.
I’ve been sending messages more lately and I generally keep it light and about something in their profile to get the convo started. I always ask out quickly but like to exchange a few (brief) messages before asking.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Always comment on their photos or bio, sending a like is utterly pointless and typical simp behavior they've grown accostomed to on social media.

I almost always poke fun at one of their photos, usually their most flattering ones, and say something they're not expecting. A recent line I used (and it was a genuine gut reaction from me) was saying "You look friendly but slightly evil". If they have a voluptuous backside and include a very obvious booty photo, I'll comment on some random part of their outfit instead of typical **** they'd expect to hear about their figure. "Wow nice headband" etc. Usually gets a great response and very easy to get their # right after.

Last edited:

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I’ve been sending messages more lately and I generally keep it light and about something in their profile to get the convo started. I always ask out quickly but like to exchange a few (brief) messages before asking.
Yeah pretty much same MO as me. Something tht has worked very well for me is telling them I don't check the app much and asking if they want to exchange numbers instead and then giving them mine. Most will actually text me and the others will give me theirs. Almost never get the "I don't give my number out" excuse using that...well except that one woman yesterday that ditched me on a venue change haha

coyote_astro

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I seem to have much better success on Hinge lately, and I guess it's due to the types of girls that are there.
It's true that since you can reach out to them yourself, there are more options on the table. Personally I have not found any difference between opening them with a comment vs liking their photos.
Seems that if the girl finds me attractive, it will work either way. And same if she does not.

Btw one thing I like a lot about Hinge is that they can like you first. This way you get the opportunity to match even if you don't actively swipe on the app. It's something like passive income, but for OLD :D

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My investment is very low. I usually just like one of their pics.

If they are highly interested, they will send me a "Hi Lookatu, ....xxxx"

If they are mildly interested, they will invite me to chat

If they are really attractive, I might send a comment in one of their pic if I think it's unique or will capture her attention. But the reality is, they're so used to receiving comments, it will not really make it or break it for them if they really like you.

As @coyote_astro mentioned, this app is nice because you can use it in a passive way for free which I tend to do 75% of the time. Otherwise you have to pay for gold membership in Tinder or OKC to use it in a passive way.

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
Here in Sydney, Australia there are like 20 girls in total on the app. It's a ghost town compared to America.

What i fiund works best is just commenting on something in her profile, if that doesn't get the convo going then why bother?

Some girls message first, but it rarely results in a date since i assume they do it to every guy

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women on hinge were very ugly in my experience compared to other dating apps.

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been on Hinge a few months now. I got suckered in by the commercials. IMO the app. is mostly useless. All the attractive women are hidden behind a paywall and you have to buy roses to interact with them. I'm not paying 10 dollars for roses or whatever BS they're peddling. The free version mostly shows uggos you'd never want to date. The only saving grace of the app is it let's you play passive game otherwise I would have already deleted it.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just like their pictures. If they also like you, they will invite you to send a message.

f(x)

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
In the past year I have gotten the most old dates off hinge. No lays tho. I think the like/comment feature is helpful.

Reaction score
In the past year I have gotten the most old dates off hinge. No lays tho. I think the like/comment feature is helpful.
It's really hard to get a second date out of hinge in general. I see the apps as this?

Tinder- where you will find most of your one night stands/thots

Bumble- looking more for a relationship/higher chance at getting a second date if you're not a weirdo

Hinge- Crazy girls on bumble that stayed single and gave up

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All of these apps have their own drawbacks

All the attractive women are hidden behind a paywall and you have to buy roses to interact with them. I'm not paying 10 dollars for roses or whatever BS they're peddling. The free version mostly shows uggos you'd never want to date.
All of them so some variation of this the algos are actually programmed to track what you like and then keep it far away from you until you have paid up

Overall in my area it doesn't really matter which app you pick or what you do on them they all have the same women on them that have been on there for the last 10 years

All seem to be searching for some Ryan gosling romcom type character that's prepared "to do whatever it takes" to be with her

Of course you have the men then, whom half assedley try to fit that stereotype by saying cringey things on their profiles but really just want to smash

It all cumulates into one big disappointing mess

I don't see any clear way to win at swipe apps even hinge

A) You comment something generic on a photo and fall into the sea of other oribters

B) Spend time coming up with something unique to say (could spend all day doing this and still get nothing back )

C) Just like the photo and see if she matches

C. Would seem like the most straightforward , if you can come up with something whitty then by all means add that but generally i wouldn't waste too much time doing it