"So, What Do You Do for Fun?"

She asks it casually, mid-sip. And you feel the floor open up, because the honest answer is work, gym, and a couple shows you're half-watching.

Women rarely say this out loud, but a man with a life is attractive before he says a word. The guy who spent Saturday deep-sea fishing and came back with photos and a story — he walks in already interesting.

The "22 Rules" pushed me to build a life worth talking about. Turns out the fastest way to be interesting to women is to be interested in your own life first.

Read more...

put me out of my misery.

talrock

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 18, 2004
Messages
53
Reaction score
2
oh well...

Here's the long and short version:

sister of ex/friend of mine- "Amy"
ex/older sister of amy - "Jen"

got with amy's sister. was going through some personal issues when i was with jen.

jen broke it off with me, then wanted to be friends. I didnt tell jen that she hurt me, etc. I was an ******* to jen. so i tried to "fix it" the wussified way by writing her a letter or 2 (dear god).

Amy and i part on bad terms. get an email from jen saying she wants nothing to do with me.

few months later, Amy and i are fine.

Currently:
i keep hearing from amy that "don't expect jen to talk to you or look your way." Everytime I talk to amy, she mentions her sister (jen) in some way.

apparently I'm the antichrist, because Jen wont go anywhere if I'm there.

Jen was dragged to a mutual friend's party. I was wasted, and didnt give a f***. or so i thought

ever since jen's been on my mind. on and off.

WTF is wrong with me? i just recently IMed Jen saying "hi" figuring what I have to lose, jen responds back saying "who is this" I tell her it's me. and sign off.

i dont want to be friends with her, but i dont think things got completely resolved between us.

it has been quite some time since Jen and I spoke, it was a short relationship. never any official "titles" but it was "intense" (as described by jen and myself) somehthing we weren't ready to deal with at the time.
 
Last edited:

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

L B

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 28, 2004
Messages
526
Reaction score
9
Location
OC
Why waste time. It's over. Practice your DJ skills on the ladies. See a girl you like, go talk to her. Set up a date with her. Repeat as you go. Soon, you'll be so busy that you don't even remember your ex. While doing this, you will have fun and gain valuable experience.

My girlfriend started acting up last week. I got so tire of it, I went out and got all these numbers. I was so busy dating that I almost forgot about my gf. She called several days later and apologize for the way she acted. Damn, women on period.

Have fun,

LB
 

whistler

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 4, 2004
Messages
633
Reaction score
5
Location
New York
You need to stop initiating contact with both of them. To help you do that, you need to go out and interact with new people.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Porky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 16, 2003
Messages
1,474
Reaction score
0
I found that hard to understand. Could you please assign names to them?
 

talrock

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 18, 2004
Messages
53
Reaction score
2
I tried IMing her, (not again) but whatever happens, happens. I took initiative.

if something comes of it, then fine. if not, then thats fine too.
 

Hollowpoint

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 28, 2004
Messages
593
Reaction score
0
Man, totally move on, double trouble.

Originally posted by Porky
I found that hard to understand. Could you please steralize yourself?
Fixed! :D
 
Top