Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Protein Powder

2rings

Banned
Reaction score
I can’t even believe this conversation is happening. Powdered protein? Powdered eggs?

then some of you try to justify it in terms of the powdered products not being over-manufactured. Plus you probably are eating bad soy hidden in there, something of which i avoid unless occasional tofu or tempeh. I do natto as well, but these are not the same soy products hidden in your manufactured powders

this is surprising none of you eat raw eggs yet.
A lot of work needs to be done in this health forum

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I can’t even believe this conversation is happening. Powdered protein? Powdered eggs?

then some of you try to justify it in terms of the powdered products not being over-manufactured. Plus you probably are eating bad soy hidden in there, something of which i avoid unless occasional tofu or tempeh. I do natto as well, but these are not the same soy products hidden in your manufactured powders

I use protein powder for convenience and because it's easier to drink it when you arent hungry.

Just like anything, some of it is crap due to how it's processed.

You are going way off the beaten path with this bro...

Whey protein does not have soy in it.
Brown rice protein does not have soy in it.
Green Pea protein does not have soy in it.

If people are buying these expensive flavored mixed proteins then perhaps they do.

I never have, I buy single ingredient proteins, unflavored. Brown Rice and Green Pea and mix them together. Used to buy whey until I realized it was a large part of the reason I was feeling bloated and not losing weight several years back. Ditched it and have never gone back.

As far as carbs, I can survive the 3.5 grams I get from it I'm pretty sure, even on my lower carb days, which are still around 100g.

As long as you buy a quality protein there is nothing inherently wrong with using it as a supplement to your normal protein intake from food. It's not meant to replace food protein nor should it.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Why would you buy powdered eggs?
just eat normal ones

steak eggs and butter =a real protein pack
Convenience and density. Why buy anything other than fresh food? Convenience. I work 13 hour shifts, it’s much more convenient to take a shaker bottle and some fruit juice and egg protein for a snack on the run than to have to do anything else.

Last edited:

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Again, caloric density and convenience.

Do what works for you dude. I mean why drink whey? Why not just drink gallons of milk? Why eat dried fruit, just eat trash fruit. Why eat beef jerky, just eat a steak!

Seriously think about it, there are plenty reasons for the examples above.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Egg whites are good but at some point they will catch up to you. You will either sweat it out or emit it if you have ingested them for several days in a row. You will clear out the room with a smell like a hawaiian lava pit

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice find. Never considered this. Are they pasteurized?
Seems like a variation on the old camping or military things of powdered milk and powdered eggs. May as well through some powdered potatoes in for the dehydration trifecta

2rings

Banned
Reaction score
I use protein powder for convenience and because it's easier to drink it when you arent hungry.

Just like anything, some of it is crap due to how it's processed.

You are going way off the beaten path with this bro...

Whey protein does not have soy in it.
Brown rice protein does not have soy in it.
Green Pea protein does not have soy in it.

If people are buying these expensive flavored mixed proteins then perhaps they do.

I never have, I buy single ingredient proteins, unflavored. Brown Rice and Green Pea and mix them together. Used to buy whey until I realized it was a large part of the reason I was feeling bloated and not losing weight several years back. Ditched it and have never gone back.

As far as carbs, I can survive the 3.5 grams I get from it I'm pretty sure, even on my lower carb days, which are still around 100g.

As long as you buy a quality protein there is nothing inherently wrong with using it as a supplement to your normal protein intake from food. It's not meant to replace food protein nor should it.
All of us have some great knowledge in health and everyone seems to have their own perspectives but honestly I think we have a lot more to deconstruct here than you guys realize.

100 grams of carbs per day is NOT a low carb diet. 30 grams per day Max is low carb.

You can over-do protein. If you are taking ANY of these powdered products, you are not only overdoing protein but the entire powdered products industry is a sham.

It is the same thing as that video online showing the process of making chicken mcnuggets. They do not even put chicken in them they are That much processed.

I think a lot of men take the powdered drinks because they were misled to believe in the products, or the entire powdered industry

^^just a few notes from a kindly naturopath…

Oh and #3
Wtf is whey?
You guys have no good answers for justifying eating “whey protein”

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
All of us have some great knowledge in health and everyone seems to have their own perspectives but honestly I think we have a lot more to deconstruct here than you guys realize.

100 grams of carbs per day is NOT a low carb diet. 30 grams per day Max is low carb.

You can over-do protein. If you are taking ANY of these powdered products, you are not only overdoing protein but the entire powdered products industry is a sham.

It is the same thing as that video online showing the process of making chicken mcnuggets. They do not even put chicken in them they are That much processed.

I think a lot of men take the powdered drinks because they were misled to believe in the products, or the entire powdered industry

Oh and #3
Wtf is whey?
1) True Low carb diets are garbage and 100 g is probably near the lower limits of what is healthy long-term for most people depending on body weight and TDEE.

2) You seem to lack understanding of why you eat more protein. Yes, it is true that once you eat a certain amount of protein it's muscle building effects won't increase anymore. This is due to rate limiting enzymes involved in muscle synthesis. However, what you are not understanding is that protein has a very high thermic effect in the body compared to carbs or fat. 30-40% compared to carbs which are 10-15% or fats which are like 3% or less. This huge thermic effect helps keep your metabolism running at a high level and burning fat and is very beneficial to your body for recomp purposes.

3) Whey is one of the byproducts of separating milk. You know like the old nursery rhyme, "eating your curds and whey"? It's a high quality protein that is high in leucine, the most important amino acid for muscle building since it's the amino acid marker used by the body to check protein levels. However, as I have stated, about half the population is reactive to whey and concentrated dairy in general(see Greek yogurt), and it causes issues. Which is why I substitute Brown Rice and Green Pea proteins as they have a near identical amino acid profile as whey without any of the bloat issues, low grade chronic inflammation or hormonal disruption and dysfunction eventually.

Stoic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If it's in your budget, I highly recommend muscle milk or pure protein in individual cartons/bottles. Convenience makes something more likely that you will do it. I drink 90 grams of my protein a day. I have had no side effects to date, other than building lean, athletic muscle that people remark on. It is possible that I die from something later on that can be traced back to my ridiculously high consumption of whey protein, but at least I will looked ripped in my casket.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Egg whites are good but at some point they will catch up to you. You will either sweat it out or emit it if you have ingested them for several days in a row. You will clear out the room with a smell like a hawaiian lava pit
Depends on how much. I have eliminated the smell of a sewage soaked tire that's been lit on fire by lowering the egg white intake to just 1 cup a day. I also realized that I can't have anything that upsets digestion. So, only 1 serving of whole grains too.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends on how much. I have eliminated the smell of a sewage soaked tire that's been lit on fire by lowering the egg white intake to just 1 cup a day. I also realized that I can't have anything that upsets digestion. So, only 1 serving of whole grains too.
Don’t egg whites cause biotin deficiency over time?

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Oh and #3
Wtf is whey?
Yeah, and I'm a neurosurgeon; got my degree from BBS - Bob's Brain School.

Given the way you've treated the subjects at hand, I doubt you even are an ND much less have passed the NPLEX. You simply don't even possess basic medical knowledge related to human metabolism. You're not even good at pseudoscience and ND quackery.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
If it's in your budget, I highly recommend muscle milk or pure protein in individual cartons/bottles. Convenience makes something more likely that you will do it. I drink 90 grams of my protein a day. I have had no side effects to date, other than building lean, athletic muscle that people remark on. It is possible that I die from something later on that can be traced back to my ridiculously high consumption of whey protein, but at least I will looked ripped in my casket.
Not a whey proponent due to what I have stated previously, but it's good for half the population who it doesn't cause bloating, chronic low grade inflammation and hormonal disorder/dysfunction in.

Easier to just take green pea/brown rice protein for anyone starting out since it has a near identical amino acid profile, the exact same perfect amino acid score, and and you aren't playing Russian Roulette with your gut.

Glad it works for you tho...

Fortune_favors_the_bold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just ran out of protein powder from MyProtein.

I heard mixed reviews about them but I'm wondering if purchasing again from them is worth it? Where do you source your protein powder from?
I was used to buy from them then moved to bulk.com which works in the same way but has products which I like the most especially vegan proteins with no soy that taste good enough.

If you just buy natural whey, you can get them on myprotein, bulk or gonutrition they are not that different.

Stoic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not a whey proponent due to what I have stated previously, but it's good for half the population who it doesn't cause bloating, chronic low grade inflammation and hormonal disorder/dysfunction in.

Easier to just take green pea/brown rice protein for anyone starting out since it has a near identical amino acid profile, the exact same perfect amino acid score, and and you aren't playing Russian Roulette with your gut.

Glad it works for you tho...
happen to know if they have it ready to drink, like in a can or bottle? I’m always on the go!