Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Post workout and alcohol?

Island

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm very tempted to take some alcohol the next day after I've done a heavy back workout. Not a lot, just a little to help me sleep.

Anybody know what's the worst that could happen?

mrExtreme

Don Juan
Reaction score
Your testosterone levels will drop, protein synthesis will be inhibited, and your metabolism will be slowed down to name a few things off the top of my head.

medik167

Don Juan
Reaction score
try melatonin. you can buy it from wal-mart in the supplement/vitamin section for cheap. melatonin is naturally released in your brain to responses in changes of light. I have tried it and after 35 minutes on an empty stomach I had a hard time keeping my eyes open. No other side effects besides that. Good stuff.

Island

Don Juan
Reaction score
Your testosterone levels will drop, protein synthesis will be inhibited, and your metabolism will be slowed down to name a few things off the top of my head.
That practically negates the heavy back workout. Damnit!:mad:

MrFitness880

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
alcohol will do that, however i am unsure if one drink before bed will do so significantly, or if one drink before bed will help you sleep.

i would look into some relaxation techniques first. they are going to give you a more restful sleep anyway.

Garbury

Don Juan
Reaction score
they say alcohol is good for you, if you do one drink like every day or so. One beer will help you fall asleep, its my favorite form of nyquil. Just make sure you are hydrated and eating ok and 1 beer won't have any noticable effects on you

mrExtreme

Don Juan
Reaction score
they say alcohol is good for you, if you do one drink like every day or so. One beer will help you fall asleep, its my favorite form of nyquil. Just make sure you are hydrated and eating ok and 1 beer won't have any noticable effects on you
You couldn't be more wrong. Island, if you want to sleep well I recommend taking ZMA.

dastal

Banned
Reaction score
a glass of wine is supposed io be healthy because of its antioxidants, and some doctors recommend a glass every day for insomnia patients. id recommend you find another way.

Garbury

Don Juan
Reaction score
all i know is i drank like crazy last semester while taking cell tech, and i went from 185 lbs to 220 lbs. My bench went from 240 to 290. Thats the only thing i maxed in but everything went up, even thoguh i was gettign trashed all weekend. If you are really serious, don't drink, but i honestly think 1 won't hurt. Read a book before bed, books are amazing at getting you to sleep.