Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Playoffs

TheProspect

Reaction score
He doesn't even seem to be the best quarterback, but somehow he always wins. It's like everything he touches turns to gold.
I'm not saying he's bad, he's unbelievably clutch. But it's not like he's dragging these teams over the finish line. Like in the Super Bowl the Bucs defense dominated KC like no other team has been able to. And there's Tom Brady to reap the benefits. He does his job but it's like there's some devilment at work with him.
I know totally what you mean. His ability to win it matters the most is unrivaled. His accomplishments make him undisputedly the greatest QB of all time –– if not the best player of all-time.

However, in terms of pure talent, prime Brady is behind Patrick Mahomes. He's also behind Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning in their primes. Yet he has 3 more Super Bowls than those 3 combined. That's not to say he isn't talented, the guy has won 3 NFL MVP awards.

A few seasons cumulating in Super Bowl appearances, he heavily relied on the contributions of his supporting cast. Some years it was a solid defence, some years it was indispensable weapons like Randy Moss (arguably the greatest WR of all-time and who he probably wouldn't have been to set the TD record without) and Rob Gronkowski (arguably the greatest TE of all-time), or a playoff version of Julian Edelman...

That being said, some of his Super Bowl seasons his supporting cast was mediocre and yet he still made it work and still won games. With the exception of one season, when he's played a full season the guy has won 10+ games every year. What's that like, 18 seasons!? His first season without Belichick the Patriots tanked and he won the SB for his new team.

I think his work ethic and unrelenting drive & passion to win has an intangible effect on his teammates. You can never count Brady out of a game – his Super Bowl comeback win over the Falcons being the perfect example. Every player wants to play with him for a chance to get a ring.

In addition to everything mentioned, I think you throw in longevity and luck into the equation, and you get Tom Brady's success.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
His first season without Belichick the Patriots tanked and he won the SB for his new team.
I may be wrong about this, but I feel like if Brady was on the Pats this year, they still would have tanked. I gather that he left NE because he was tired of Belichick (who drives his players relentlessly and apparently didn't appreciate him). But it also looked like NE had finally run its course, and the talent was drying up. So he went to Tampa, which was loaded with talent but needed the QB. Good decision for him, but he also left Belichick with a bare cupboard, he left at the most convenient time.

TheProspect

Reaction score
I may be wrong about this, but I feel like if Brady was on the Pats this year, they still would have tanked. I gather that he left NE because he was tired of Belichick (who drives his players relentlessly and apparently didn't appreciate him). But it also looked like NE had finally run its course, and the talent was drying up. So he went to Tampa, which was loaded with talent but needed the QB. Good decision for him, but he also left Belichick with a bare cupboard, he left at the most convenient time.
I think there's some truth to that. Evans, Brown, Godwinn, Gronkowsi. An efficient O-Line. A quarterback's wet dream.

However, Cam Newton play was abysmal this season. He only threw EIGHT touchdowns this year... Granted, he had no weapons, but QBs have been worse off and produced more with what they had. Can you imagine Brady throwing just 8 touchdowns in a full season? Newton had an additional 12 touchdowns through the ground, but a playmakerof his caliber (previous MVP) should be able to do more.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He doesn't even seem to be the best quarterback, but somehow he always wins. It's like everything he touches turns to gold.
I'm not saying he's bad, he's unbelievably clutch. But it's not like he's dragging these teams over the finish line. Like in the Super Bowl the Bucs defense dominated KC like no other team has been able to. And there's Tom Brady to reap the benefits. He does his job but it's like there's some devilment at work with him.
Maybe there's an aging portrait of Tom Brady hidden in his attic.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Brady's 20+ year run is amazing enough, and the fact that he went 8 years without winning a SB, then won 4, makes it a no-brainer in my book: he is the greatest player ever.
He's basically had two Hall of Fame careers sandwiching an excellent middle career. Plus I believe he has as many playoff wins as any franchise. His 7 rings is more than any franchise in the Super Bowl era. Historically Green Bay has 13 NFL titles over 101 years...Brady has more than half that total in 21. Just absolutely insane.

I agree that he's not a dominating force, just a guy with a will to win who takes great care of his body. Of course he is a terrific all-around athlete - he was drafted by the Montreal Expos in 1995 (!!). I liken him more to Bart Starr, not the most gifted arm, but probably the best football mind, both nice guys who on the field will cut your heart out and show it to you.