Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Playoffs

forcerecon01

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just feel gut wrenched now that Green Bay lost. Are you guys following the NFL? Whose your favorite team?

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I lived in tampa in the 90s when the bucs finally started to not be a joke. When they were orange, the games would draw 10k people. My college would give away tickets, but no one wanted them. It's weird to root for tom brady, but i like seeing the team in another super bowl, where they will be huge underfogs btw.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Packers fan. Kicking the FG down by 8 and on TB's 8 yard line was dumb. Not to mention giving up a big pass play with a few ticks left before the half. Brady's the greatest but he didn't even have to play well because GB gave him short fields and easy matchups.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Packers fan. Kicking the FG down by 8 and on TB's 8 yard line was dumb. Not to mention giving up a big pass play with a few ticks left before the half. Brady's the greatest but he didn't even have to play well because GB gave him short fields and easy matchups.
That FG was the stupidest football decision I've seen all year.

Mathematically you are more likely to convert a 4th down than you are to stop Tom Brady from getting a first down, get the ball, drive down the field, then score a touchdown.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That FG was the stupidest football decision I've seen all year.

Mathematically you are more likely to convert a 4th down than you are to stop Tom Brady from getting a first down, get the ball, drive down the field, then score a touchdown.
Yeah agreed. At first I thought, well maybe they know something I don't. But I realized the possibilities:

1. Fail to score, TB takes over on their 8 yard line. GB still needs to get the ball back and score to tie (has all timeouts + two minute warning).

2. Score TD, fail conversion. Now down by two, need to get ball back and can win with FG or TD.

3. Score TD + two points. GB would ideally like ball back to take lead/win but also can win in OT provided they stop TB. Game's a toss up.

In ALL cases GB needed to stop TB and score again. From the 8 yard line a TD is much easier and a miss leaves TB in poor field position. Anyone who's played Tecmo Super Bowl or Madden could strategize better. FG only makes sense from outside the 20 on a 4th and long.

Maybe I had more time to think about it, but coaches get paid MILLIONS. And when the FG unit came out I was scratching my head.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am a fan of the team that got TOTALLY RIPPED OFF in the 2018 NFC Championship Game. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: That said, at least I and my fellow fans lost our championship virginity in 2009/XLIV. :)

But I must give kudos to the Buccaneers for coming up with a defensive game plan to go against future Hall-of-Famer Drew Brees and his lack of being able to throw the deep ball, due to both his age and injuries.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rodgers and breese are two aging pocket passers with no mobility. Keeping mahomes under control is going to be much different for the bucs defense.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rodgers and breese are two aging pocket passers with no mobility. Keeping mahomes under control is going to be much different for the bucs defense.
Rodgers can still move, not like he used to...and is still accurate. A lot of people were wondering why he didn't scramble on 3rd and goal from the 8...20/20 hindsight from the couch though. Still, the Packers didn't lose because of Rodgers but because of sloppy defense and questionable coaching decisions.

Mahomes is on another planet though....Bucs will need their A game to get past them. Brady is a statue and he's thrown some ducks lately, but he's smart.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mahomes is on another planet
He is the reigning super bowl mvp. The only sensible decision for a defensive plan is to shut him down and make kc beat them some other way. I think it was michael vick that the 90s bucs would assign to a middle linebacker to as a sole responsibility just to shut down the qb run.

Augustus_McCrae

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I lived in tampa in the 90s when the bucs finally started to not be a joke. When they were orange, the games would draw 10k people. My college would give away tickets, but no one wanted them. It's weird to root for tom brady, but i like seeing the team in another super bowl, where they will be huge underfogs btw.
I was a Bucs fan from the beginning back in the 70s. (Yes I’m that old LOL).

And like Bible said, they were so bad that it was easy to get really great seats to a game to watch a good team when one came in to town. However, they did have some good class players like Lee Roy Selmon, Doug Williams and Mark Courtney. The coach, John McKay was famous for his one-liners: “ We didn’t tackle well, but we made up for it by not blocking “ and his most famous quote, when asked about the team’s execution, he reportedly said: “I’m in favor of it”.

The biggest mistake they made back in those days was when Hugh Culverhouse, the original owner, was so cheap that he refused to give Doug Williams a larger salary, so he went to the USFL. The team suffered after that.

These days though, I watch almost no professional sports. The exaggerated self importance of the players and the incessant grandstanding is a real turn off. However I caught part of the games this past weekend because I still love football as a sport. Mahomes is an amazing quarterback and it’s extremely impressive that Brady can still play at that level considering his age.

-Augustus-

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rodgers can still move, not like he used to...and is still accurate. A lot of people were wondering why he didn't scramble on 3rd and goal from the 8...20/20 hindsight from the couch though. Still, the Packers didn't lose because of Rodgers but because of sloppy defense and questionable coaching decisions.
I thought he should have run it there too, he made a similar play last week against the Rams where he ran it. Would have been better than that lame pass he threw.

I mostly agree with what you're saying about the defense. The Packers have had crummy defense since their last Super Bowl. They've thrown a lot of resources at it but can't seem to get it fixed. If you look at the stats, Rodgers outplayed Brady. But Brady has always had a good defense on his teams so it's hard to compare. Brady always seems to do enough to win, so kudos to that. On the other hand, Rodgers hasn't been able to get in done in these NFC championship games. He's 1-4 in them, and the one game he won he didn't play well. In this game, they had their chances but couldn't get it done. The defense got two picks from Brady where the Packers only used them to go three and out.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
giants all the way but damn brady is something else
He doesn't even seem to be the best quarterback, but somehow he always wins. It's like everything he touches turns to gold.
I'm not saying he's bad, he's unbelievably clutch. But it's not like he's dragging these teams over the finish line. Like in the Super Bowl the Bucs defense dominated KC like no other team has been able to. And there's Tom Brady to reap the benefits. He does his job but it's like there's some devilment at work with him.